Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:01:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mr.Robot] STEGANOGRAPHY  (Read 207 times)
celer (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 25

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:26:14 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2018, 01:02:56 PM by celer
Merited by r_victory (1)

Hello everyone.
In this thread I'll tell you about steganography and show how to hide any document in an audio file, using the example of Elliot from the serial "Mr. Robot".    

1. Steganography

Steganography  — the science that allows you to hide the transmitted data in a container (in our version it is an audio file), thus hiding the fact of the transfer of information.

2.  Necessary software

Consider the option that Elliot used. To do this, you need the DeepSound program ( .msi ). Also, prepare an MP3 file in which your information will be hidden.

3.  Proceed to recording

►►► Run the program. In the settings specify the folder in which to save the already modified files  ◄◄◄

►►►Upload an audio file in which we will hide the document by clicking on «Open carrier files» ◄◄◄

►►►After downloading the audio file, will appear a file with an extension .tmp ◄◄◄

►►► Now we need to select the file that we will hide and click on «Add carrier files»◄◄◄

In my case it will be private keys.

►►►By the next step, we press «Encode secret files» ◄◄◄

---------------

Unfortunately format.mp3 is not available, but .wav is supported on many players;

---------------

For additionally protection the file, you can put the password. And at the end click "Encode secret files"

---------------

You have instead .tmp file appears already .wav with your hidden document. Now, how to decrypt it - read on

4. File decryption

►►►Now, to get secret document from  file, first open the audio file .wav and enter the password ◄◄◄

---------------

When you click "Extract secret files" the file(in my case it is a text document ) appears in the folder that was specified in the settings.

5.  Conclusion

►►►The size of the encrypted audio file is many times greater.◄◄◄

In the screenshots above, you can see that the storage of secret files is given about 2 times more space from the original size of the audio file
If you want to transfer this audio file, you will need to add it to the archive or send it by e-mail
It is also possible to "encrypt" not only documents of the format .txt but others too, first you need to archive them

I want to know your opinion. What do you think about such storage/transfer of documents ?

m2017
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1347

keep walking, Johnnie

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 07:50:03 AM

A good way to hide your private keys. But there is a weak point: all the protection of your data still depends on the password. If the password is weak, then your server can hack and gain access to sensitive information. Therefore, it is necessary that it be as complex as possible. And then where to hide the complicated password from this archive? I'm sure you will not remember him. Create another hidden archive again? Again and again?

This method almost does not differ from the usual archive with a password, except that your archive will be masked for an audio file.  Yes, it can be hidden in a folder with 100 GB of music. This will complicate his search.

But I think that need to develop the idea and refine it. It is possible to add an like 2FA google authenticator.

Do you have any suggestions?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
celer (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:22:48 AM

A good way to hide your private keys. But there is a weak point: all the protection of your data still depends on the password. If the password is weak, then your server can hack and gain access to sensitive information. Therefore, it is necessary that it be as complex as possible. And then where to hide the complicated password from this archive? I'm sure you will not remember him. Create another hidden archive again? Again and again?

This method almost does not differ from the usual archive with a password, except that your archive will be masked for an audio file.  Yes, it can be hidden in a folder with 100 GB of music. This will complicate his search.

But I think that need to develop the idea and refine it. It is possible to add an like 2FA google authenticator.

Do you have any suggestions?

The password will be hard to remember, but you can create a folder and change its date and drop it into the system folder. 
celer (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:08:39 PM

I'm sorry that the topic was not relevant
perhaps someone used this method of hiding documents ?

in early 2019 we are waiting for the new season mr.robot
VOSZ777

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:38:49 PM

Is this worth watching it ? Good series or not? 1-10?
celer (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 01:02:15 PM

Is this worth watching it ? Good series or not? 1-10?

10 out of 10
very good series and break-in scenes were designed by real experts !
petermccarty

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 04:45:13 PM

I am not trying this method as i really do not have a purpose, but the series are gold
celer (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:11:10 PM

I am not trying this method as i really do not have a purpose, but the series are gold

Maybe you will have a goal-to hide private keys when you have a large balance (tokens)
Yes, this series is the best
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: