Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:00:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of ICO?  (Read 1451 times)
xuv500 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:57:12 PM

As there are hundreds of new ICO's every week but unfortunately most of them are scams atleast more than 30% of new ICO's are scam and if things go like this then people will lose trust on ICO. Kindly help me with your suggestions about filtering scammers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:02:53 PM

I think icos will keep coming up as this is the new way of fund raising for blockchain based businesses and unfortunately scammers will also try to take advantage by coming up with scam or fake icos, the ultimate rescue has to come from some govt or regulatory agency, i know that many countries are already working on the framework to regulate icos, i hope all other countries will also follow so that investors can be saved.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
nettaw

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:13:46 PM

The less scams there are, the higher the chances ICOs will stay. Its the ideal way to raise money and involve the community! But negative example make it hard to the good ones to succeed.
udayantha11

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 01:16:33 PM

USE icodrops website , its the best option you can pick good ico's. they recommended only the best ones not the scams. i too invested besed on icodrops recommendation.

we all need universal power and cyclist of Everything
-2023 would most likely be as bearish as 2022-
=BTC will make it, but might be a long winter=

Stronger the storm, brighter the rainbow
coinzen90

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:18:16 PM

i think after the regulations there will be much less scam ICO-s, i hope they will be much more clean
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:25:12 PM

Unfortunately from the scammers can not escape.They haunt us everywhere in the Internet space.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:02:37 PM

like many other things i believe ICO hype will also go down and eventually they will become extinct and become a part of history. a dark part of the cryptocurrency history as a matte of fact.

but for now we are stuck with them and we will continue seeing new ones pop up every now and then trying to attract investors and take their money from them.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
fishycink222

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:04:50 PM

the regulations will filter these scam ico-s hopefully (the regulations are already on their way)
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:26:37 PM

The future of ICOs are bleak. Ethereum is in a predicament this year and might not recover anytime soon. As the talk about its migration from POW to POS, it's price seems to get lower and lower, and wiith that the popularity of icos will plummet.
Foxgtx

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:48:28 PM

scammers were, are and will always be! it is a fact.
You need trusted partners to work with ICO
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:55:16 PM

As there are hundreds of new ICO's every week but unfortunately most of them are scams atleast more than 30% of new ICO's are scam and if things go like this then people will lose trust on ICO. Kindly help me with your suggestions about filtering scammers.

Yes I agree that there are lot of scammers you need to research on your own to avoid scam like you have to check white papers and their previous projects also you can check their LinkedIn profile as well.

Bencus

Activity: 265

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:08:43 PM

There are so many ICOs due to the fact that there are close to no barriers to create one. NEO ICOs have a barrier, and there are way less scams there. Also, some form of regulation would be needed.
It is not so easy to determine which ones are scams. But the question, how can you determine is an ICO is scam, has been asked around a hundred times in this forum already, and I'm going to sum it up shortly.
0. Look at the project. Is it credible, and based on a good idea? If not, it will make it really hard to actually make profits on your investment.
1. go to icobench/icodrops/etc. and select a project with moderately good ratings. Read the critics, and focus on that, and you can learn what are the weak points of the projects.
2. Look at the team. Are they competent, how much experience they have, and what connections/partnerships do they, or the project have. If they have partnerships with famous companies, that is a highly positive thing.
3. Read the whitepaper. You might already know what they are doing, so focus on how the whitepaper is written. How professional is it, what do they emphasize, how they phrase sentences. I have read and translated plenty of whitepapers, and boy you can extract so much "hidden" information by simply reading the whitepaper thoroughly.
4. Look for further red flags. If you haven't seen any already, that is a good sign. If you did, consider your options, weigh what is against is, and then decide.

I hope I helped!
PumaPuma_

Activity: 252
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:04:24 PM

Now scammers make sites better than normal projects and find out that these scammers are very difficult. It is necessary to be hunted to bounty hunters, they are already more experienced in projects
tanvir232

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:15:33 PM

The ratio is even more what you think. However, ICO soon will be regulated for avoiding scamming and it will be through blockchain. We already have seen the smart contract and I also read a couple of days ago about a platform for ICO by which ICO owners will not be able to scam people anymore.
weborsha

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:02:56 PM

I always say that projects based on crowdfunding are not new to the world. In traditional financial system they are called startups, not all of them are trustworthy as well.

Grifosha

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:08:16 PM

Carefully read the information about the project, especially about the organizers. As a rule, good projects are created by people who have a great name.
It is worth noting that there are exceptions to this rule too!
Yuzhne

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:25:43 PM

Unfortunately, the ICO is neither regulated nor regulated. Therefore, in the last year there were so many scammers. This is easy money that is collected anonymously
pekingcoepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:37:18 PM

we come back from the beginning we are here definitely looking for profits in investing, on the other hand the ICO project manager deceives to benefit himself by utilizing us to participate in running a project and that is the wrong way. with this we must be more careful to choose projects that are increasingly failing. it is very difficult to distinguish the failure or success because there is no right thing to convince or from the manager, product or prospect he has.
Abolaji11

Activity: 352
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 07:46:25 PM

I think government regulation on ico is the best way to  protect investors from getting scam. Investors should also do enough research about the project they want to invest on.
jajorforce

Activity: 399
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 08:03:21 PM

I find that over 70% of ICOs are scam. So that is why investors become scared and do not continue to invest in ICOs. In addition, the bad market makes investors lose money and they can't invest in this period 2018 is a bad year for the ICO, but the ICO will not die now. If the market recovers in 2019, we see ICO growth like 2017
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: