Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:26:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam in crypto exchanges  (Read 113 times)
niky (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:54:36 PM

I have been hearing people saying one can actually be scammed on crypto exchanges but I have not been a victim before. I want to know how to identify if an exchange is a scam. Pls share your experience
Cryptodiscuss

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:30:57 PM

My experience is with coinsmarkets exchange. They deleted whole exchange! I didn't know what hit me. So don't trust in low vol exchanges, you don't know who is behind them and can get away with your money without any consequences!
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:54:25 PM

I have been hearing people saying one can actually be scammed on crypto exchanges but I have not been a victim before. I want to know how to identify if an exchange is a scam.

It's difficult to predict because when an exchange becomes scam it's something that happens suddenly. The only thing you can do is follow the telegram channel and the bitcointalk thread of the exchange in question. Normally, users of exchanges use these channels to explain the problems they have with the platform. If you see that there are a lot of people complaining about delays in withdrawals and failures in the platform, then it's time to start suspecting. Anyway, the best way to protect yourself is to never leave your coins in an exchange.
Cojiro

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:04:24 PM

I think the majority of swindler exchanges are exchanges born
and they need funds to continue to grow
when no development funds exist they will not give coins to sellers who exchange but withdraw the coins for themselves
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: