Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Longest ICO period ever?  (Read 100 times)
happybitcoinph (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:31:18 AM

Some ICO lasted 2 or 3 months including Pre-Sale period.

For the record, did any of the past ICO's extend their crowdfund for more than 2 to 3 months? What is the result after that?

Thanks.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:46:59 AM

Take note that EOS ICO lasted for more or less than a year but where are they now? You may check cmc about it   Wink

With this kind of market wherein it is very hard to reach soft/hard cap depending on the project but if in case that they will extend there a chance that they will lose the trust of early investors but see if the project is good enoughand strategize for sure it will still succeed even they extend it.

Example is Cryptassist, the orignal plan was to end the ico last August, yes it stopped but resumed this month (will end Sept 30). The initial plan was to stop bec. of market condition (most probably) and was decided by equity investors which some got disappointed but later most agreed that it is for the sake of project and its investors.
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:53:17 AM

For the record, did any of the past ICO's extend their crowdfund for more than 2 to 3 months? What is the result after that?

Thanks.
I suggest you to watch the history of ico, EOS was the longest ico in the history of crypto.  As long as they can encourage more investors to join in their ico and they will be succeed. These icos are thinking about the bearish market will reduce their possibility to reach the hardcap. that's why a lot of them have been delaying their ico. Sprintx, pdata, equi and many more.
atamism

Activity: 463
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:06:03 AM

Most of the ICO that extended their period didn't sell enough coins. They are most likely to fail than succeed. This is based on what I personally experience and also what I notice from the ICO's I am monitoring. It is not recommended to invest on those ICO's because there is not that much demand on the services offered and the team or community behind it is not that great.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:15:31 AM

Example is Cryptassist, the orignal plan was to end the ico last August, yes it stopped but resumed this month (will end Sept 30). The initial plan was to stop bec. of market condition (most probably) and was decided by equity investors which some got disappointed but later most agreed that it is for the sake of project and its investors.
Yes, that's what's on my mind as well. It has something to do with the market conditions and they have to adjust with it.

If an ICO didn't managed to reach their targets from the given time of 2-3 months, they would extend more. I rarely see those ICOs that are extending since I'm not really interested with nor investing to them. But some that can't reach even the soft cap even after that long period, they are stopping the ICO as they see no interest with it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:24:44 AM

EOS is a good example for this question.
And I know traxion ICO as well, their ICO will end this september 30, have at least 5 months I guess, from private sale, presale and to main sale.

Most ICO is extending their sale due to bearish market, though some of them reached already their softcap (ETH based or any coin) but because most of this ICO accepts only in ETH and due to the current situation of the market now they're worrying that it will lead to a loss.

But there are some extending their sale because of low demand, didn't reach the softcap, and mostly no one is interested.
doroshok1

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:20:13 AM

EOS is a great example that fits your question. And this project lasted about a year. But this is an isolated case. In General, companies that have extended their age cannot sell enough coins.

Apollonia 〇 | HEALTHCARE ECOSYSTEM
https://apollonia.io
vederfreds

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:25:39 AM

Thanks.

8-12 weeks seems standard at this point.  I think the bounties will need more and more time to accomplish their fundraising as the market stays in the gutter.  As we start rising more and more I believe ICO time may start becoming shorter.  No idea we seem to be in uncharted territories. 

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dClinic.io ║ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain (https://dclinic.io/)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄[/center
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:12:35 AM

Thanks.
Obviously an ico that is extending its ico period is doing it because it didn't reach its goals, and in this slow market conditions it is very likely that many icos are going to have to do that, however I really do not think that there is some kind of correlation between the time that an ico last and their success in the future, so in average all of those icos that extended its ico period should fail at the same rate as all the other projects.
yonnymen

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:15:01 AM

EOS full year raise lol So ratchet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: