Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:07:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think will make blockchain go mainstream for real?  (Read 75 times)
deodivine1 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 657
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:38:45 AM

Today, I saw a post on Coindesk by David Chaum, saying blockchain needs up to 100,000 transactions per second before it can go mainstream for real. What are your thoughts on this?  What contributions do you have to foster blockchain adoptions and applications in real life?
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 01:47:07 AM

I don't know who that guy is but why you should listen to him? there's no standard on how many transactions is set for the blockchain to go mainstream. In fact, blockchain is already on mainstream regardless of the conditions that he is setting before it goes there. Do you think that the companies will adopt blockchain will be adopting it because its just on mainstream? they are looking for the way that it will be applied rather than others standards.

iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:09:53 AM

Blockchain is going mainstream. Mainstreaming is a process not a destination. The technology continues to evolve and many applications are being built on the back of it. Blockchain will slowly become ubiquitous with everyone using it with out even knowing that they are. Like all technology it will become more mainstream as it disappears into the background.

rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:13:17 AM

Today, I saw a post on Coindesk by David Chaum, saying blockchain needs up to 100,000 transactions per second before it can go mainstream for real. What are your thoughts on this?  What contributions do you have to foster blockchain adoptions and applications in real life?
We are not big business executives or anything big. We are just bounty hunters and we can only promote ICO projects. But in the future, I believe that Blockchain technology will be applied in real life because of its speed and convenience. I believe a good future of Blockchain.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:28:33 AM

Achieving that very high TPS is feasible in the near future, but I doubt if that's the only criteria to foster adoption. Big institutions need speed in transactions, o yeah, but also there are other modalities to be considered. The architecture itself and how it fits in to solving issues for a particular institution.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Real14Hero

Activity: 952
Merit: 576

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:34:24 AM

To give tough competition to other prevalent means and to cope up with number of actions taken up by our ever increasing population we really need to reach those numbers of hundreds of thousands of transaction per second.

Also reaching the mainstream is not just about the tx/ second, its more about people's adoption and that adoption is not merely based on the speed of it. A large part of our population also gets instructed by the government and the media to do what about what.

We need everyone's support for the blockchain to go mainstream and for people to actually understand what it really is.
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:38:52 AM

I think blockhain can be better than David Chaum words and there are already several blockchain or platforms that have it. Mass adoption will be easy if the socialization and understanding of crypto is always given correctly and I have started doing it to family, friends, community around or even business partners and all of them get a positive response.
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:43:28 AM

I don't know who that guy is but why you should listen to him?
You must not demean the opinion of others who are experienced in their fields.
David Lee Chaum (born 1955) is an American computer scientist and cryptographer. He is famous for developing ecash, an electronic cash application that aims to preserve a user's anonymity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Chaum
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 03:45:31 AM

My question is this, what is the need of having a million transactions per second if it will only be serving a few thousands from a global population of over 7 billion?

I believe aside from the infrastructural and technological requirements needed for cryptocurrencies to serve the world, that world also has to accept it.

Mass adoption in my opinion will start from positive regulations from the world governments giving crypto a healthy regulatory environment for more growth expansion and technological improvement

bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 01:44:40 AM

I don't know who that guy is but why you should listen to him?
You must not demean the opinion of others who are experienced in their fields.
David Lee Chaum (born 1955) is an American computer scientist and cryptographer. He is famous for developing ecash, an electronic cash application that aims to preserve a user's anonymity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Chaum
Thanks for that's up but I'm not causing him to demean. What I want to say is that blockchain is already on the mainstream and there's already talks of adoption about it. Regardless on how many transactions that it can create sure in the future it can even process more than he said because technology is greatly innovating. Now that I know who he is, I admire him but I'm only pointing out the mainstream thing and blockchain is already there.

Retro6

Activity: 75
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:48:08 AM

Electroneum in my opinion is the closest to going mainstream. There needs to be a seamless instant way to transact in real life, and their new instant payment system is groundbreaking. It is being trialled right now in Egypt and if successful, we could be buying our morning coffee with ETN. Very exciting and hoping this breaks fresh ground.
I'm not sure what the number of transactions has to do with anything. If we can bypass fiat all together then its gone mainstream.
Isaacck1

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:48:45 AM

Blockchain may be setting off standard. Mainstreaming may be An transform not An end. Those innovation proceeds with develop Furthermore Numerous requisitions would constantly constructed on the once again for it. Blockchain will gradually turned into universal for Everybody utilizing it for out Actually knowing that they are. Such as every last bit engineering it will ended up additional standard Concerning illustration it disappears out of spotlight.
Xphenosis

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:52:44 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2018, 04:26:43 AM by Xphenosis

Blockchain is found useful for almost a decade and it is by now bitcoin still exist. Why fo it need to go mainstream for real and make that transaction possible when we know almost the answer and its use case?

I guess that guy has one main purpose and it's on promoting FUD on crypto space.

https://veritasmining.co
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: