Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:21:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anonymity the future for bitcoin???  (Read 1076 times)
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:26:59 AM

As we can see each and every transaction for bitcoin is publicly registered to the blockchain where in all of us have access, so I am just thinking if anonymity or providing privacy will be the next move for bitcoin. Just my thoughts, you can add yours here and let's discuss it.

I believe that most thing subjected right now in the internet is more of anonymity which could give both or either bad and good effect. Same goes with bitcoin. This may be part of a personal security or privacy yet saddly some use this one as a privilege tp do bad stuffs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:33:56 AM

The main reason why many BTC users choose BTC is because BTC can remain anonymous!
The anonymity of cryptocurrencies can protect our privacy from infringement and effectively protect our property!
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:39:49 AM

The main reason why many BTC users choose BTC is because BTC can remain anonymous!
The main reason most BTC users have BTC is because they expect high returns, i.e. as investment. The era of early adopters doing things out of ideals is over
The anonymity of cryptocurrencies can protect our privacy from infringement and effectively protect our property!
Bitcoin is not anonymous, it is pseudonymous, and if (=when) you leak your personal information as KYC, your IP or CCTV footage or whatever, all your linked accounts should be considered compromised as well
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 11:51:06 AM

Had anonymity to become the future of the bitcoin, then there would have been an increased number of ICO scams, use of the cryptos for dark things leading to the emergence of popularly known as DARKNET. The blockchain technology is developed in such a way that the origin of the transactions on the net can be traced back. The new and emerging technology is not going to lead to total anonymity, keeping in view the regulations prevailing in certain places that keep a control on how the things work.
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:12:04 PM

The blcockchain is a public ledger where we can have access to see but can not alter an data once imputed.  Bitcoin will always retain its anonymous which it must guide jealously because that is what makes it desirous and much sought after. Bitcoin will not be centralized which if done will bring about its death and it will become worthless and nobody will be holding it. The government wants to centralize bitcoin so that they can control it.
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:05:54 AM

As we can see each and every transaction for bitcoin is publicly registered to the blockchain where in all of us have access, so I am just thinking if anonymity or providing privacy will be the next move for bitcoin. Just my thoughts, you can add yours here and let's discuss it.

I don't think so. Bitcoin is not to be used with anonymity because everyone can track the transactions on bitcoin.
There are some kind of mixer, created by some peoples to make your btc transactions cannot be traced and become more private.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:24:44 AM

In the past bitcoin were using by few people but if we look now the big investors top business man and other of the business people are using bitcoin for many imports and exports and if we look at the bitcoin value now it is predicted that crypto coins are growing and with these transactions you must have to know the crypto currencies.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:27:50 AM

now it seems like it is enough to hide the identity of the transaction, indeed we know the sender's wallet, the recipient's wallet, the transaction time, and the amount of the transaction money, but not everyone knows who the wallet belongs to (?)
if the future of bitcoin is truly anonymous, then what is the use of a distributed ledger or what we usually call blockchain?

fipper

Activity: 383

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:44:39 AM

Bitcoin has a future as digital asset/investments and digital currency which will be regulated just like other assets and investments
You are right with your opinion that crypto currencies are created because of the development of tehology and the times of development so that in the future crypto currencies will be needed by all people for future investments that are progressing and developing.
kyle999

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:34:21 PM

Bitcoin's future cant ever know that will be the posibility what will happen so maybe unpredictable price will happen in the future.
Angela92P

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:08:13 PM

the Bitcoin Protocol, in fact, consists of several transactions. These transactions are a set of different kinds of data, including the input and output of the transaction. The entrance is called Bitcoin addresses from which bitcoins are sent. Such coins can be spent only if there is a personal key associated with this address. The output is the addresses to which bitcoins are sent. Each transaction transfers bitcoins from one or more inputs (addresses) to one or more outputs (addresses). A transaction can have only one input and one output. But it happens rarely, as it requires you to send the amount in bitcoins (out) exactly matched the previously obtained sum (input).                                                                                     

There are three main ways to identify a Bitcoin user.

First of all, although Bitcoin transactions are sent through randomly selected peer-to-peer nodes, this system is not immaculate. If, for example, an attacker has the ability to connect several nodes to the Bitcoin network, then the aggregate data collected by Them may be enough to determine the source of the transaction. Second, a Bitcoin address can be matched to a person's real identity if their identity is somehow used along with the Bitcoin address. This includes addresses that are used to Deposit and withdraw funds to or from a regulated exchange where cryptocurrency can be traded, or a wallet, addresses displayed publicly to collect charitable donations, or addresses that are simply used to send bitcoins to anyone (including online stores) with real personal data. But the most important thing is that all transactions in the Bitcoin network are completely transparent and can be tracked by anyone. It is full transparency that makes it possible to group several Bitcoin addresses and bind them to one user. Thus, if it is possible, using any other methods of overcoming anonymity, to bind to the real identity of a person some one address from such a group, then everyone will be tied.
godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:12:24 PM

Bitcoins is already anonymous and don't need any privacy in the coming future. The transactions on the blockchain is just for verification purpose and it can be said of bleaching any privacy.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:28:14 PM

Hello,

I don’t think anonymity is the good future for BTC, for less volatility but furthermore more trust and then more investment it is a good point that all transactions are traced even if you don’t know the name behind.

Commun people  don’t want to Invest in sulfuris thing. Also many other coins offer anonymity so don’t need to have another one.
Jackolantern

Activity: 321

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 09:19:51 PM

I think that it is possible future for BTC but there are many other variants. It is difficult to predict the future of such a great coin like BTC but to my mind, it will remain the leader for long

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
378budiman

Activity: 299

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:35:45 PM

every transaction for bitcoin is listed publicly on the blockchain, so I only
can think if anonymity or providing privacy will be the next step for bitcoin.
donovank

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:39:02 PM

I think anomality is a big and important part of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as an entity, but I don't think it's what will take Bitcoin to greater heights.
The uses cases for the blockchain and crypto is what will take care of bitcoins place in the world. Lucky as that we're part of it from the beginning  Wink
tanxpresisit514

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:13:26 AM

Anonymous btcoin is like a double-edged sword, on the one hand it can hide one's wealth so that its privacy is maintained, on the other hand it can be the entrance for criminals to carry out their operations. Therefore many countries reject bitcoin. For the future, Bitcoin must make changes that can be agreed upon by all parties.
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:17:17 AM

Anonymity and privacy are already featured parts of Bitcoin. The Blockchain digital ledger does not keep record of the personal data of senders and receivers of Bitcoin but rather the time of transaction, amount involved and the number of Blocks before the verification of the transaction.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:37:55 AM

For me, I think they want bitcoin to be known by the people all over the world. And even they don't, people will still know and be aware about bitcoin. Maybe in the future, you are right, that they will secure bitcoin.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 05:43:42 AM

I will say the anonymity of bitcoin is partial. The persons identity may not be know if the coin just remain in wallet be it web wallet or hardware wallet but any time the person trades in some exchange through KYC identity will be known.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: