Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anonymity the future for bitcoin???  (Read 1076 times)
Pikachu12

Activity: 435
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:01:23 AM

As we can see each and every transaction for bitcoin is publicly registered to the blockchain where in all of us have access, so I am just thinking if anonymity or providing privacy will be the next move for bitcoin. Just my thoughts, you can add yours here and let's discuss it.
We are still trading anonymously and others can not find the IP and where we live. This is a very special point and attracts many criminals to this market. But this is really a great technology and it helps a lot of businesses work better.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
enjotan

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:05:43 AM

Anonymity for bitcoin in my opinion is good, because anonymity is very useful to maintain the confidentiality of all identities in a transaction, because if bitcoin is not anonymous, it is very vulnerable to be hacked or misused.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:19:06 AM

As we can see each and every transaction for bitcoin is publicly registered to the blockchain where in all of us have access, so I am just thinking if anonymity or providing privacy will be the next move for bitcoin. Just my thoughts, you can add yours here and let's discuss it.
No.FullAnonymity could not be provided for bitcoin as it has been programmed to be pseudo anonymous.Anonymity would not help bitcoin to progress as already we have seen Monero and zcash which were fully pseudo anonymous to have failed while once they were expected to surpass bitcoin due to their anonymous nature.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
bstash
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

Bitcoin Stash | https://bstash.org

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 10:33:11 AM

Yes.  Cool

Bitcoin Stash | https://bstash.org | Bitcoin Cash Hard Fork | Join Our Forum: https://forum.bstash.org
admosfir

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:05:44 AM

in my opinion, anonymity in the crypto system is made to safeguard the data security of the wallet owner, if it isn't made anonymous, then the data is prone to be misused by irresponsible parties
larrylegend33

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:22:11 AM

Anonymity will keep rule in the cryptocurrency business for sure in the future. But the anonymity gives bad people to gain lots of money too. The scammers and the terror people can use cryptocurrency easly. I really like to being anonymous in this crypto world but we should find a cure for the scammer who makes money with cryptos.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:31:25 AM

I think it is the reverse. As bitcoin and cryptocurrency is getting known in the world, you can see that things such as KYCs are also developing. Though I am against this, I really don't know where that information is going to be used. Some say that KYC is used to protect the customer. But I also hope that the blockchain where you can see your transaction can also go private in order to prevent some hackers.

Jackson7951

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:43:40 AM

If you think Bitcoin has no value , then gold, diamond and pearls should not have any value too. Its the humans who give a value to an asset. The only difference is that Bitcoin is virtual and the others are physica
avarnet

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:15:08 PM

Anonymity for bitcoin in my opinion is good, because anonymity is very useful to maintain the confidentiality of all identities in a transaction, because if bitcoin is not anonymous, it is very vulnerable to be hacked or misused.
it's true that in the world of bitcoin it must be the one whose name hides our bitcoin so it can't be read by hackers. because now there are so many bitcoin hackers everywhere
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:20:17 PM

Anonymity is the least of bitcoin's concern in the future. It needs to handle large numbers of transactions per second first to have its place in the future. There's also concern for it being an investment. So I think out of these all, the future of bitcoin is the amount of tps it can handle to let it compete with banks.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:24:56 PM

At the beginning of the formation that blockchain is indeed anonymous, it can be seen from various transactions that do not store the personal data that we have. indeed, the transaction history will always be stored. basically that using bitcoin is very safe because we don't embrace identity in making transactions. things like this have positive values ​​and negative values. it all depends on our purpose in using bitcoin.
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:06:21 AM

I think the future of bitcoin is become global currency. Right now many coin in market have anonymity feature but the value of bitcoin is not only on anonymity. I think the value of bitcoin is on the network security and decentralized system. The future of bitcoin will be digital gold and as store of value.
CoinsGazer

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:31:58 AM

A study by German and Swiss scholars shows that about 40% of Bitcoin users' real identities can be discovered, and some of them also use officially recommended privacy protections. According to a forthcoming paper by researchers at the University of California, San Diego, the bitcoin trading network is increasingly dependent on a few large accounts, which greatly reduces the security of users' identity. In the future, it will be easy to track the true identity of traders through block trades, which may eventually make Bitcoin, which is now heavily used for illegal activities such as money laundering, no longer favored.
At present, a big controversy about Bitcoin is used for illegal activities. If the privacy issue is resolved, although the security of the user's identity will be guaranteed, Bitcoin will be re-emphasized by criminals.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:01:38 AM

Anonymity is very important in bitcoin, most people used bitcoin because of it's anonymity,but there are more important things to develop than the anonymity,because for me the anonymity in Bitcoin is already good, Bitcoin now need to focus the transaction speed and fee, so when the larger scale of adoption happen,it can be handle

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 02:07:04 AM

There are many other privacy coins that can be used if user wants anonymity, and anyway, unless user does not link his Bitcoin address through kyc or something it's hard to prove that this address is of this user.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
azalea69

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:10:22 AM

Bitcoin has a lot of communities and remains anonymous, things are better anonymously for security, I think it will still have a future and surely mining competition will remain and continue to be done seeing potential bitcoin than others.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:12:32 AM

Come to think of it, what we have in the public ledgers of bitcoin are merely addresses of the sender and recipient and the amount involved in the transaction. Besides that, you got nothing else. The process is pseudonymous already. It might not be so anonymous as you hope for it to be, but i think that is a good system already.

I believe the transparency of the addresses and amount is the variable that survived the honesty of the blockchain. Take that away and conceal each transactions then we're back to square one regarding being trust-less.
Sanjida
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:35:36 AM

I don't think is anonymity will be only the future for bitcoin anonymity is different from transparency.anonymity is the crypto system and it is very useful to keep up the doubtlessly.bitcoin is used for illegal activities.
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 05:02:22 AM

i am already happy with the way bitcoin was built.
let it be how it was designed to be.
after all there are already a lot of altcoin out there that offers it's users the anonymity they wanted.
people used bitcoin the way it was therefore let's better leave it like that Cheesy

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
jcojci

Activity: 693
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:25:46 AM

I don't think the anonymity is the future for bitcoin because we are now in the anonymous mode when we make a transaction and no one will know who is the person behind the wallet. The other people don't know what the reason of that transaction in the blockchain is and although we use bitcoin mixer that available in out there, still, we cannot understand the purposes of that transaction. I think the future for bitcoin is how to reduce the time of confirming and also reduce the fee that might bigger.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: