Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:37:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which will survive in long run Bitcoin or Blockchain???  (Read 1454 times)
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:13:48 AM

I'm hoping that they both stay for good, the government saw the positive side of blockchain but not Bitcoin, they consider Bitcoin as high-risk investment and they treat blockchain as something they can use in many ways in their government agency or integrate it in their system of governance.
hidden_legend (OP)

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:15:43 AM

why do you even insist on separating the two from each other?
it is like asking which one would survive longer, cars or combustion engines! bitcoin is based on blockchain technology and it is the one that introduced it to the world. bitcoin is also the one that is improving this technology and as the technology grows bitcoin grows and vice versa. they are not separate, they are one thing.

Thanks for your words.I am not insisting to separate them.I am just sharing what I understand.I agree with you upto some points because currently Bitcoin is dominating whole crypto world. but same time there is question.:
How this dominance of Bitcoin remain as it is or it grow with time???

On other hand Blockchain is a technology and everyone (Govt. and all kind of business houses) are willing to adopt it but less keen to adopt Bitcoin.Now in that case will Bitcoin still survive???

why shouldn't bitcoin survive just because some sectors don't want to adopt bitcoin right now?
again I would go back to the car example, not everyone owns a car so will the car industry survive?!

in case of bitcoin, as I said it is unique. if a government adopts the blockchain technology, they will be creating a centralized coin (like Venezuelan Petro) nobody cares about a centralized altcoin and it certainly won't even affect bitcoin's adoption or even its survival.

Yes I understand your example of car and  from your example car  it is clear that car industry also survive only if those cars have uses in our lives.If some new invention take place of cars or you can say ride then no use of cars means car industry extinct.Same way Bitcoin's survival also depends upon its use.Isn't it???
DennyPen

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:20:53 AM

Everyone on this forum is familiar with Bitcoin and Blockchain technology.So no need to discuss what they are except this; Bitcoin is first or we can say father of digital currency world and Blockchain is new revolution in digital technology world.
Currently market is down after a golden run and every day millions of people came to know about this new market and its uses.Some with negative views and some advocate it.Many country allowed crypto trading and many banned because of speculations and scams.There is lots of media attention about Bitcoin since its evolution and then its price rise.Many called Bitcoin a shit/fraud/scam when first it came into light but within 7-8years it touched $20000 per coin.
On other hand many new Altcoins like ETH, Ripple etc. also gain popularity and boost the need of blockchain in every filed.Now from media news and discussion on many forum I came to conclusion that everyone(Govt. big business houses) wants to adopt Blockchain technology but same time they are either opposing or banning Bitcoin and its uses.So my question is will Bitcoin survive or fall???What will happen if every country launch their own crypto currency using Blockchain technology???Will Bitcoin disappear???Please share your views/opinions and experience.

It's a very complicated question, and chances are the fate of btc will be based on its profitability. Also, it's quite hard to imagine that authorities need an instrument that they can't control. So, at the start stage that we are now at, it's almost impossible to predict the future movements. As for blockchains, they will survive and used at least in the areas when they really help and don't interfere with anyone interests.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:58:04 AM

Media news on TV depends from the government here in my country. They show the work of government only from positive side and totally represent the government's opinion on things and processes. They mention crypto pretty often and I can conclude that they still count it as a project which is going to fail one day. But about Blockchain they say very good things, so from that I can suppose that Blockchain will involved in more and more kind of business and processes, but crypto and people's earnings are going to be taxed to bring more money in wallet's of politicians.
BITSSA : BITCOIN EXCHANGE

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:08:54 AM

To say the least, Bitcoin and blockchain technology are indispensable. Bitcoin is a byproduct of Blockchain technology and both go hand in hand. However, if we talk about which is to stay longer then obviously Blockchain technology is to stay here in the long run. Blockchain technology is a revolutionary technology which is going to transform the whole financial ecosystem. We can see that the Banking system is already incorporating the blockchain technology which is proving out to be a boon. In the wake of many financial crimes happening all across the globe, blockchain technology is going to revolutionize the financial industry.  On the other hand, Bitcoin is a digital currency which is in the form of a digital ledger supported by the blockchain. Bitcoin is the byproduct of the hype created in the market and the trust created in it due to its high-security feature backed by the blockchain technology. Bitcoin which is highly volatile in nature is giving a lot of people reasons to doubt its sustainability. No one knows when the bubble might burst. Yet people are risking their money in it. But what the future holds for Bitcoin, that only time will tell. So, certainly, Blockchain technology will survive the tests of time.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:14:59 AM
Merited by stingers (1)

Blockchain will almost certainly survive longer. Bitcoin needs the blockchain but blockchain doesn't need the bitcoin.

So my question is will Bitcoin survive or fall???What will happen if every country launch their own crypto currency using Blockchain technology???Will Bitcoin disappear???Please share your views/opinions and experience.

Nobody can tell you whether bitcoin will actually survive or not or whether something else will come along that is better to replace it, but I can tell you with an almost certainty there will likely always be one form of decentralized currency whether that is bitcoin or not. Maybe think of bitcoin like a prototype. The first car or airplane was just a basic model and they have both obviously gone through constant evolution and models to get to the designs we have now.

We went from this:

To this:

And this:

To this:

We already have multiple cryptos that have tried to improve upon or add additional features to bitcoin's design. Who knows what cryptocurrency will look like in the future and some new model may come along that blows bitcoin out of the water in every aspect and that is something we as investors and users have to seriously consider.

nazaididuan1

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:47:27 AM

BTC and blockchain are a new round of technological revolution!
BTC will not disappear, and those that disappear are those that are not used as speculative wages for speculative wages!
ETH, EOS.ADA.OMG and other cryptocurrencies will survive with BTC!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
hidden_legend (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:50:08 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 12:00:10 PM by hidden_legend

Blockchain will almost certainly survive longer. Bitcoin needs the blockchain but blockchain doesn't need the bitcoin.

So my question is will Bitcoin survive or fall???What will happen if every country launch their own crypto currency using Blockchain technology???Will Bitcoin disappear???Please share your views/opinions and experience.

Nobody can tell you whether bitcoin will actually survive or not or whether something else will come along that is better to replace it, but I can tell you with an almost certainty there will likely always be one form of decentralized currency whether that is bitcoin or not. Maybe think of bitcoin like a prototype. The first car or airplane was just a basic model and they have both obviously gone through constant evolution and models to get to the designs we have now.

We went from this:

To this:

And this:

To this:

We already have multiple cryptos that have tried to improve upon or add additional features to bitcoin's design. Who knows what cryptocurrency will look like in the future and some new model may come along that blows bitcoin out of the water in every aspect and that is something we as investors and users have to seriously consider.

Thanks for an excellent explanation.Blockchain technology will develop with course of time and more modified & advance forms of Blockchain came into light in near future and maybe same can happen with Bitcoin as well.
hidden_legend (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:55:54 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 03:57:49 PM by hidden_legend

BTC and blockchain are a new round of technological revolution!
BTC will not disappear, and those that disappear are those that are not used as speculative wages for speculative wages!
ETH, EOS.ADA.OMG and other cryptocurrencies will survive with BTC!
Yes both are revolutions and both came into light at same time.
ETH,EOS,ADA are blockchains by themselves and many new blockchain projects based on them.ETH blockchain provide platform for new blockchain projects.Is same case with Bitcoin??? As much as I know Bitcoin is a payment network and first digital currency.
jaymmagne

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:01:56 PM

Bitcoin and Blockchain will last for a long time for sure. Bitcoin is a byproduct of Blockchain technology. However, if we talk about which is to stay longer then obviously Blockchain technology is to stay here in the long run. Blockchain technology is a revolutionary technology which is going to transform the whole financial ecosystem. We can see that the Banking system is already incorporating the blockchain technology which is proving out to be a boon. In the wake of many financial crimes happening all across the globe, blockchain technology is going to revolutionize the financial industry.
Ronald Wilson

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:04:00 PM

Blockchain has more bright future than Bitcoin. Few people don't like Blockchain but a lot of pepople are critizing Bitcoin and trashing it. Blockchain can create Bitcoin and its enemy. I mean Blockchain can create more than just one digital currency.
Jerry White

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:07:36 PM

Blockchain definitely. Tech giant is interested in it. Every country talk about it as the future technology. They even have conferences to discuss about Blockchain while they organize talks about how to outlaw or crack down on Bitcoin. The answer is easy tell: Blockchain. But that doesn't mean that Bitcoin will vanish. Its potential is yet to be recognized and the path ahead of Bitcoin seem rugged.
Rachel Martin

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:07:50 PM

My opinion is that Bitcoin will last but it will have to struggle a lot to survive negative criticism and the current market. The market seems to slow down and stagnant for months and is likely to get worse before it gets better. As for Blockchain, it's absilutely right that Blockchain will thrive in the next years.
peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:22:18 PM

i think the main objective of satoshi bitcoin founder is not bitcoin supremacy over other coin, but to make people realise that it is possible to adopt digital transactions without dealing with cash, now for your question about bitcoin survival, it doesn't really matter if bitcoin got banned, or not but what's important is that digital transactions are here to stay with or without bitcoin.
Cryptomania843

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:45:06 PM

It is important that this new invovation that is crypto must continue. The Blockchaine offers us so much opportunity, we are only at the beginning of the fase first. People have to get used to it but mostly believe it. Bicoin is not the most important, which is important is the blockchain. I believe that bitcoin will not remain number 1 and altcoins will start a. take more space in the market. What we have left is to wait and see what will happen.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:41:28 PM

Everyone on this forum is familiar with Bitcoin and Blockchain technology.So no need to discuss what they are except this; Bitcoin is first or we can say father of digital currency world and Blockchain is new revolution in digital technology world.
Currently market is down after a golden run and every day millions of people came to know about this new market and its uses.Some with negative views and some advocate it.Many country allowed crypto trading and many banned because of speculations and scams.There is lots of media attention about Bitcoin since its evolution and then its price rise.Many called Bitcoin a shit/fraud/scam when first it came into light but within 7-8years it touched $20000 per coin.
On other hand many new Altcoins like ETH, Ripple etc. also gain popularity and boost the need of blockchain in every filed.Now from media news and discussion on many forum I came to conclusion that everyone(Govt. big business houses) wants to adopt Blockchain technology but same time they are either opposing or banning Bitcoin and its uses.So my question is will Bitcoin survive or fall???What will happen if every country launch their own crypto currency using Blockchain technology???Will Bitcoin disappear???Please share your views/opinions and experience.
First you have asked whether bitcoin or blockchain would survive and now you are asking that whether Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies issued by governments would survive. Even if there is government support for the government issued cryptocurrencies, still they are centralized and they don't deliver any financial freedom and also they would not deliver any huge earning opportunities for its users just like what bitcoin gives to its holders.So bitcoin would still survive.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 03:26:32 PM

I am sure that blockchain is here to stay but it is just a vehicle and it needs the fuel for sustainable growth. I believe that cryptocurrencies work as the fuel for blockchain based systems. As of now, Bitcoin has no thread of existence by any other external factors but Bitcoin is the only thing that could destroy itself. Considering the possible scenario of the upcoming decade, I am expecting growth for Bitcoin and blockchain both.
rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Bitcoin run with the help of blockchain yeah exactly without blockchain no bitcoin
All transactions made or cryptocurrencies i as know always use blockchain
So if the blockchain stay for a long run bitcoin or cryptocurrency also stay for a long run

Legendari

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:19:45 PM

I think bitcoin is the king of crypto now. But in the future, btc can give way to some kind of altcoin like Ethereum, but never die.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
███████                  A new era of charity                    ███████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
cetald

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 04:26:18 PM

Even if each country creates its own cryptocurrency, parallel with them there will be independent cryptocurrencies, and bitcoin including. Undoubtedly, other regulators, including strong countries, will influence these cryptocurrencies.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: