Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:21:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UNICEF is now accepting donations in Bitcoin and 8 altcoins  (Read 1320 times)
ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:29:47 PM

That is another leap in cryptocurrency technology that bitcoin and other altcoins are been accepted as donations in the UNICEF foundation ,so crypto holders with a kind heart can now donate to UNICEF with bitcoin and other listed altcoins accepted ,so this is good for cryptos to circulate and be recognized more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:54:53 PM

When I first saw this thread, I thought that it was fake news just like so many of the other threads here. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that UNICEF has actually started accepting crypto. This will go a long way in popularizing crypto-currency.
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:23:10 PM

Hello,

Really great news for general crypto acceptance ! Famous name like this give important advertisement for crypto specifically with charities but it is also great thing for improving potential donation as more way to donate !
rhodelmabanal

Activity: 1047
Merit: 103

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:33:32 PM

When I first saw this thread, I thought that it was fake news just like so many of the other threads here. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that UNICEF has actually started accepting crypto. This will go a long way in popularizing crypto-currency.

This will bring a good impact to crypto communities, specially those alts who belongs to be accepted with UNICEF. I think this is a remarkable idea which independently given lot of holders to do charitable dids, and learning how to share is gathering and influencing good values to other people around the world. Crypto's morality will be recover back after worst cases reportedly cause by fraud people who uses crypto for devious acts.

celot

Activity: 1492
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:54:59 PM

Nice ideas when Unicef want to accepted bitcoin and altcoin as donation for bitcoiner will be easy for donate their money in bitcoin, we can ask for UNICEF team to their address donate and give some altcoin we have.

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
ninabobo

Activity: 463
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:58:54 PM

I think social agencies like UNICEF will receive anything as donations including bitcoin.
so this will not cause the market to become bullrun.
and won't have any effect on others like online, ebay or amazon.

Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:02:05 PM

Since yesterday morning, UNICEF France is now officially accepting donations in bitcoin and 8 other cryptocurrencies (+ERC 20 Tokens) (I know that because I work there  Grin )
https://lp.unicef.fr/faire-un-don-en-cryptomonnaie/
https://lp.unicef.fr/comment-faire-un-don-en-cryptomonnaie/
Therefore, we would be very grateful if the BitcoinTalk community could help us by giving us your feedbacks on the pages, what to improve, to add or to correct, and better if you can relay the information to your network, and even better, if you could make a little donation to encourage the hesitating ones.

Thank you for any help you can provide !

That's certainly good news. As more and more big-named companies are starting to change their views with cryptocurrencies, which is now prompting them to accept cryptocurrencies in their business. It is another big and positive step seeing a big and world-wide organization accept cryptocurrencies, which means that they are also beginning to see the legitimacy of the asset and the market itself. All these companies, so to speak, are what will convince the masses to also start believing in the cryptocurrency market, and in turn, will soon give it the boost and push that it needs to be more widely accepted and embraced. Good news!
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

That is really big and good news. UNICEF is a global well known organization, and since it is accepting the donations in cryptocurrencies, this will help surely to spread the word even faster about Bitcoin and altcoins and make the crypto community bigger.
Also, it is another sign showing that crypto gets more interest with the time.
jobukegoya

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:46:05 AM

I think the UNICEF has seen into the future and decided to take a smart move and key into  it.  This is a great development from the UNICEF team.  Cryotocurrency is surely going to cause a revolution  in this present world. 
It is true that UNICEF France accepts donations in the form of cryptocurrency. namely bitcoin cash (BCH), bitcoin (BTC), ethereum (ETH), litecoin (LTC), ripple (XRP), eos (EOS), monero (XMR), dash (DASH), and stellar (XLM) which are cryptocurrency most used on the market. Acceptance of crypto donations proves that digital currency owners can play an active role in giving donations to humanity.
denmark00

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 02:54:26 AM

I don't think this is a good idea because  bitcoin's price is not stable, it is not good for  a donation. I still think fiat is the best choice for donation.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:16:03 AM

Since yesterday morning, UNICEF France is now officially accepting donations in bitcoin and 8 other cryptocurrencies (+ERC 20 Tokens) (I know that because I work there  Grin )
Therefore, we would be very grateful if the BitcoinTalk community could help us by giving us your feedbacks on the pages, what to improve, to add or to correct, and better if you can relay the information to your network, and even better, if you could make a little donation to encourage the hesitating ones.

That's nice mate, Grin I know there are still a lot of people in the crypto space that possess a soft and kind heart but at the current situation of the market I don't expect that there will be a lot of people wanted to provide some charity but it still a good idea of the Unicef foundation to accept Crypto Currencies as donation. Smiley

People here are having a hard time getting a decent profit because of the bear trend and I think donating to charities now is not a good time, well maybe when we all get have a good profit then why not, we can share all our blessings to those who are in need. Grin

Sharing is caring.  Kiss
Correct, Sharing our blessings to those who are in need makes us more human, why? because humans are created to help each other and not to harm each other. Life is not all about money even if money is important in our life, most of us are doomed in the sense that they will only live with the presence of money and luxury but they can't acquire a heart that is ar ease or contented. Smiley

You are a little wrong. They also accept all tokens on Ethereum (ou tokens ERC20)

This is indicated in the list. It turns out they take thousands of currencies and believe in their future)

Accepting donations in a currency =/= believing in its future. I would call it a stretch to say that UNICEF "believes in the future" of all ERC20 tokens when the vast majority of them are trash. But if they can sell them for Bitcoin or fiat, then sure, donate away.

They also provide links on that page so you can mine on their behalf.
Definitely, Unicef believes in the future of the technology created by none other than the legendary "Satoshi Nakamoto" this guy will really change the world with Bitcoin's blockchain technology that is very useful in many other ways and not just for monetary and payments system.
nuraziaaziz

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:50:53 AM

This is a very good news to hear. Instead of cash, there is also another payment method for people especially coin owners to enable them to  donate money for those in needs. This is a kind of social impact that could save a lot of people. This is one of the benefits that has in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.  Smiley
TobiasVR

Activity: 626
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:10:58 AM

Unicef applies good things to be used as one of the best moments in raising donations. maybe UNICEF already knows the benefits of cryptocurrency and this can be used as one of the easiest ways for anyone to be able to donate.
Lunalionn

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:01:39 AM

It is a really great news. Another big organization accept bitcoin and 8 altcoin. Since there are more big organization accept bitcoin, it will become stronger and stronger overtime.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 08:26:30 AM

We have seen a positive approach of these international organizations towards cryptocurrency. Such organizations must keep a wide angle to allow the donations/financial help from across the globe. However, when it comes to the corporations, they might not afford the volatility of crypto industry as regular transactions and cash flow is different from donations part and hence the corporate industry will take some more time before adopting it.
Tduty

Activity: 448
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:26:44 AM

I am very glad to see this news that UNICEF is now accepting donations in bitcoin and 8 altcoins. I think more and more people will be interested in bitcoin in the future. I believe bitcoin will control the world in every aspect of human activity. And one day we can buy our necessary things using crypto.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]       Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●          ►          Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓          ◄          ●
FACEBOOK               TWITTER               INSTAGRAM               TELEGRAM
SimonJones

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:45:51 AM

That's great news! The acceptance of such a big organisation is a boon to the bitcoiners .

..............Web..............Bounty..............Twitter..............Telegram.......
.......ALL DATA ⇔ ONE PLACE.......

MAJICOIN

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:29:23 AM

IF a big organization like UNICEF has ready to accept bitcoin for general transactions that would be something different but i think that if we just talk about donations and charity so i think that it is a free form of money while every one is ready to accept free money so it is looking normal to me any how if some organizations accept now it will accept in the near future.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:00:32 AM

Accepting Bitcoin and Altcoin as donations are amazing. Now we know that cryptocurrencies are not only to help investors get richer, but cryptocurrencies can also be used as humanitarian donations to help others.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:07:56 AM

Well you are asking for possible feedback but most of the post here are all about happy to hear the news. for me I check the pages I can say kudos for selecting some of the strongest cryptocurrency. Well i am very much concern about the ERC 20 token thats being added. there are lot of shit token based on ethereum network so I will suggest to be specific about the one you want people to give as donation in order to get opinion about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: