Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:14:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crytpomarket conditions - A correlation between bticoins and ethereum  (Read 136 times)
Cryptomindset (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:53:28 AM
Merited by stingers (1)

I have a question regarding the cryptomarket conditions   Previously, ETH used to follow BTC in a ratio like 1:10 ie 1 BTC is equivalent to 10 ETH. But now it's much lower.
What factors do you think influenced the price that much ?
 No wrong or right answers here. In my opinion I think People are moving to more scalable blockchain to build their dapps. ETH blockchain has much challenges and unless the Devs keeps fixing it the price will keep going down. The only advantage it has now over other blockchain that supports dapps is its first mover advantage. With the frequent clogs and high transactions cost, it's just wise for people that find a better alternative with probably zero or low fees and that's more scalable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:56:52 AM

I have a question regarding the cryptomarket conditions   Previously, ETH used to follow BTC in a ratio like 1:10 ie 1 BTC is equivalent to 10 ETH. But now it's much lower.

no it has never been like that.
only for a short period of time ETH got pumped so much that it could reach about 0.15BTC but just like any other pumped coin it got dumped and went back down towards its real price which has not yet reached but currently it is 0.032BTC

What factors do you think influenced the price that much ?
pump and dump. there are currently other altcoins that are worth more than ETH.

No wrong or right answers here. In my opinion I think People are moving to more scalable blockchain to build their dapps.
well you are wrong since ETH scaling is horrible.
and people use it only to create ICOs and as they stop creating ICOs or as others stop investing in them ETH price drops since you need ETH to buy ICO tokens.

ETH blockchain has much challenges and unless the Devs keeps fixing it the price will keep going down.
there has been no fixes so far.

The only advantage it has now over other blockchain that supports dapps is its first mover advantage.
there are at least a dozen others that have dApps. and do it much better.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:55:32 AM

alot of hype and speculation can temporarily move the price. but i always like to look at the underlying cost of obtaining coins

ethereum is not at a 10% rate of production per coin. (mining) so obviously wont get the 1:10 ratio of
btc$6k :$600eth

its more like a 1:30 ratio for underlying costs. which when looking at the market price. shows to also be correct.
yea there might be temporary events where btc went to 20k and foolishly sheep traders, trade patterned eth up via arbitrage although there was no real world cause to give eth reason to climb outside the arbitrate cycle.
and yes eth jumped to $300 .. but all of that was temporary drama

these last few months btc underlying costs have been testing $6k
these last few months eth underlying costs have been testing $200
anything else is just market driven speculation/profitering/hype

many have found that the mining costs(minimum(cheap electric)) is a good metric to use for the bottomline.
miners wont sell for less. and if they can buy bitcoin on a market below their mining costs. they will. which keeps the market price above mining costs a large percentage of the time. (only a couple occasions in a year did is slip below and only by a few dollar

so when you take the medium term mining cost as your underlying line of value. you then see when the price is highly hyped or very little hype and right now both btc and eth are not that highly hyped.
unlike eth's january and may period
unlike btc's winter period

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:43:26 PM

there are at least a dozen others that have dApps. and do it much better.

Could you please name the dozen other aside EOS?.I know EOS can handle more transactions than Ethereum.

You may want to take a look at this website https://blocktivity.info it shows users activities on various Blockchains.
Waves has some transactions. NEO is nowhere to be found.
Transactions on EOS keeps climbing so high on daily basis. It's mind blowing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: