Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:08:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto exchangers and kyc  (Read 694 times)
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:55:10 PM

On most exchanges, you can trade without pass the KYC, as far as i know, they allow to trade worth of 2-3 BTC without verification. The other way is to talk with the traders who are in your country. Because it is hard to believe a stranger without bail.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:58:55 PM

I think KYC is not that bad. The main purpose of it is for added security and protection not only to your account but specially to the exchange itself. So they could prevent  from being used, intentionally or unintentionally, by criminal elements or money laundering activities.

Agreed, In fact, I don't see any bad things about giving information in any exchange. Also, it is normal rules that in every exchange they implement this to avoid money laundering and other illegal activities in online transactions. Aside from that every exchangers are registered also to their country which is they really need to required their clients users to apply KYC. If you are making a big transactions to their platform depending on the amount of btc you are going to withdraw it. this was just my opinion only, I don't know if to others this reasons is correct for them.
sawree6

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:43:20 AM

I think KYC is not that bad. The main purpose of it is for added security and protection not only to your account but specially to the exchange itself. So they could prevent  from being used, intentionally or unintentionally, by criminal elements or money laundering activities.

Agreed, In fact, I don't see any bad things about giving information in any exchange. Also, it is normal rules that in every exchange they implement this to avoid money laundering and other illegal activities in online transactions. Aside from that every exchangers are registered also to their country which is they really need to required their clients users to apply KYC. If you are making a big transactions to their platform depending on the amount of btc you are going to withdraw it. this was just my opinion only, I don't know if to others this reasons is correct for them.

I also think it's reasonable to provide information to the exchange if it's done for the sake of account security. Both user and exchange should be transparent. For example, CEX provides a high level of security to its users. Though the verification procedure really exhausts, it is totally worth it.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:34:54 PM

In my opinion, we need to use KYC to trade. We really need to identify and need to determine whether you are human or robot. That is why trading floors need KYC to confirm. I just know that.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 12:46:11 PM

Is anyone know there is any crypto exchangers who dont ask kyc ??

Like its no bs transaction you send them coin they send you money with western union monegram or bank transfer.
Or you transfer them money they dont ask stupid questions they just make the trade happend.
Is anyone like this ? I spoken my friend from former soviet union country he said he dont care if only customers he can do exchanger without kyc.

If you want to exchange it to fiat then most likely you will go through KYC because it concerns fiat and the government is strict when it comes to those kind of platforms. If you want to buy or sell a coin in exchange of another coin then decentralized are the way to go if the coin you wanted is there. Some centralized exchanges do not ask for KYC if the amount you wanted to transact is below its limit.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:44:49 PM

Like its no bs transaction you send them coin they send you money with western union monegram or bank transfer.
Or you transfer them money they dont ask stupid questions they just make the trade happend.
Is anyone like this ? I spoken my friend from former soviet union country he said he dont care if only customers he can do exchanger without kyc.

If you want to exchange it to fiat then most likely you will go through KYC because it concerns fiat and the government is strict when it comes to those kind of platforms. If you want to buy or sell a coin in exchange of another coin then decentralized are the way to go if the coin you wanted is there. Some centralized exchanges do not ask for KYC if the amount you wanted to transact is below its limit.
When we do talk about Fiat transactions then expected KYC proceedings would really be normal but buying out coins wont really be necessary on having these method yet you can make p2p transactions but somehow this is risky since you are dealing with random people that you haven't known you would really have this method if you don't have any choice but actually you can make transactions on exchangers like DEX or even on Binance yet asking KYC wont be necessary.
Jaci

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:35:55 PM

In this online industry there are lots of Crypto exchanges and there are lots of requirement for cryptocurrency exchanges.some cryptocurrency exchanges want KYC and some cryptocurrency exchange don't want to KYC. You can check hit BTC because this exchanges don't get to need KYC you can use Maxcarton and it is also no need to KYC.
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:33:57 PM

I know Kucoin allow you to make a deposit and a withdraw with KYC.  They do however encourage you to KYC!  Sending money through money transfer like western union etc require that you trade in exchanges that pair cryptocurrency with fiat!

splacque

Activity: 32
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 10:58:24 AM

If what you’re looking for is an exchanger that will make payments through western union, bank transfer, then you shouldn’t be looking for one without KYC, cause all of them do KYC. If there is anyone that wouldn’t do KYC then it’s possible they wouldn’t be doing bank transfer. Before anyone can do bank transfer for you it requires you to give some information about your self and your bank info.
gtglener

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 12:47:01 PM

Why should you be afraid to fill KYC on the exchange market for your own security, which requires participants to fill in the KYC sought by traders because a large exchange requires it
I will never give my information to any website aside from my name. That's all I will give to any exchange or any website. I hate that these websites require me to do this, if they require it than I am out. They might be required by the government to do this but if they are required to this by the government than I am not required to stay with them, give me my money and let me go.

They usually don't even do that, if you want to withdraw they require you to give some info, I just declined giving my info and want to get out, how could they keep my money. I will never work with an exchange that requires anything from me, this is the reason why I do not keep a lot of coins in any exchange.
Sobocirevo

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:25:59 AM

Why should you be afraid to fill KYC on the exchange market for your own security, which requires participants to fill in the KYC sought by traders because a large exchange requires it
For me, filling in the KYC need not be feared as long as it is not related to crime, because buying anything like cars, houses, even stock exchanges fills KYC. In conclusion, cryptocurrency cannot be anonymous 100%, proven when withdrawal still fills KYC. And, the data can be used by the government for taxes.
bitcoinking11

Activity: 378
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:06:13 AM

If you want to deposit and withdraw using western union and bank transfer then you have to pass KYC which is quite normal. But, if you are dealing with only cryptocurrency then it shouldn't be made compulsory, there are a few exchanges where you have to verify your account to start trading. In that situation, Binance is the best you don't have to verify to start trading.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:19:43 AM

Binance for example doesn't enforce KYC if you withdraw less than 2 BTC's a day, if you want to withdraw more than that daily then KYC is required.

That's what is good to Binance compare to other exchange platform. Like in Bittrex if you didn't submit a KYC to their platform you are only oblige to withdraw at maximum daily at 0.02BTC if I am not mistaken, but to other's I think same goes with Binance too. and KYC was applicable only for the centralized exchange not for decentralized exchange platform.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:38:41 AM

Binance for example doesn't enforce KYC if you withdraw less than 2 BTC's a day, if you want to withdraw more than that daily then KYC is required.

That's what is good to Binance compare to other exchange platform. Like in Bittrex if you didn't submit a KYC to their platform you are only oblige to withdraw at maximum daily at 0.02BTC if I am not mistaken, but to other's I think same goes with Binance too. and KYC was applicable only for the centralized exchange not for decentralized exchange platform.

0.02btc is pretty huge enough and i dont think that someone will withdraw 0.02btc every single day . hello ? The market is not always in a good mood and no one will ever trade or sell coins at a dip  and besides there are still plenty of good exhanges out there that we can use aside from binance that do not require a kyc or any other gimmiks .

In my opinion, we need to use KYC to trade. We really need to identify and need to determine whether you are human or robot. That is why trading floors need KYC to confirm. I just know that.

Trading using bots are not illegal and infact there are now alot of company that sells bot for trading purposes , so i dont think that kyc is invented only to detect bots  .

Overall , i dont like the idea of kyc because it only gives us a hassel and it does also exposes our identity online which is really inapropriate .
Pikachu12

Activity: 435
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:59:57 AM

I think KYC will be a very necessary issue. Because you need to confirm your identity so that when your account has a problem, they can contact you directly to resolve the issue. Because sometimes there are many investors who have lost or accounts are faulty, supporters will deal with this. so it's pretty important and should not be ignored.
Chacha1000

Activity: 645
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:27:43 PM

I think kyc in crypto exchanges should be encouraged because it create room to know customer identity very well
Gibreil

Activity: 805
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 11:42:47 PM

You can look for cryptopia. It is one of the best exchange for me because of its interface. I never had encounter any problem dealing with my transaction, market buying and selling, protection of asset and etc. They have fastest transaction ever and last, they do not requre KYC just to deposit or withdraw our cryptocurrency.

▀   ▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄          E X C H A S E   |   S I G N    U P          ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀   ▀▀   ▀
▄▄▄▄▄                 All-in-One FinTech Ecosystem                 ▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄     [   FACEBOOK   ] [    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ]     ▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:17:37 AM

I am not afraid of the KYC , I dislike it because it requires more information than really needed. Security is there to protect me from getting hacked, KYC is not security, lets not fool each other nobody puts KYC there so they know it is real you, they put it there because they want to make sure to know who you are and try to identify people who have some bitcoins and what they are using it for.

If for some dumb reason a person of interest gets into bitcoin and puts his face into a camera stating he is the owner of some coins than the authorities could identify that person using his KYC information and catch him before he does something with that money.

In reality no criminal would do such a thing and use someone else account for it but unfortunately the authorities have to do this to make it a bit harder for criminals. Meanwhile the people like me who have no criminal records at all have to work for getting your money out of somewhere.
Timmzzy

Activity: 784
Merit: 34

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:04:49 AM

To me I won't advice you to go for an Exchanger that is less secure KYC is a good part in the take your funds are been secured and it's you details alone that can be used to access them. Exchanger KYC let's say it makes them get to know the individual's coming in their Exhcanger for business. But mindful of EXCHANGERs you exposed your identity to.

▀██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄██████████▀          T O N U P          ▀██████████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀██▀
THE ULTIMATE LAUNCHPAD ON TON CHAIN
▀████▄     [      Twitter      ]    [    Telegram    ]    [     Medium     ]     ▄████▀
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:23:08 AM

I am not afraid of the KYC , I dislike it because it requires more information than really needed. Security is there to protect me from getting hacked, KYC is not security, lets not fool each other nobody puts KYC there so they know it is real you, they put it there because they want to make sure to know who you are and try to identify people who have some bitcoins and what they are using it for.

If for some dumb reason a person of interest gets into bitcoin and puts his face into a camera stating he is the owner of some coins than the authorities could identify that person using his KYC information and catch him before he does something with that money.

In reality no criminal would do such a thing and use someone else account for it but unfortunately the authorities have to do this to make it a bit harder for criminals. Meanwhile the people like me who have no criminal records at all have to work for getting your money out of somewhere.
Well, that is one thing when it comes to the whole verification thing, it is one thing to do KYC, and it is another thing for your profile to pass through verification. A lot of people tried using wrong information in bittrex in the past, and they got their accounts burned for that reason.

It is not a bad idea when it comes to the idea of anti-money laundering, there is nothing there as far as I am concerned, and as long as I know plainly that the exchange is simply trying to abide by the policies of the country where they are situated. It is when you have some skeletons in your wardrobe that you will end up being worried.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: