Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:50:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for crypto currency assistance  (Read 170 times)
Jarwolf (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:47:35 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2018, 12:15:55 AM by Jarwolf

Hello everyone. So, I am new to all of this crypto currency stuff. I just purchased a Ledger Nano S which is a hardware wallet that is as secure as a passport'so chip. (So they say.) Anyhow, I wanted to ask, how do I spend these bitcoins anonymously without it being traced back to me or my wallet? Also, is Tor browser on Tails OS safe enough to run by itself, or do I need to use Nordvpn? Is there a way to change the address after a transaction?

--Update: Also, when having my Tails OS activated, how can I use my ledger to purchase stuff?

Thank you for taking the time to assist me.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
halpi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 11:33:08 PM
Merited by Andri_1 (1)

Won`t help you with Ledger, but can say several things about Tor.

Tor is the best FREE solution, but it still has some disadvantages. For example, one of the nodes that you use to achieve "onion" effect could be used with bad intentions. Nodes don`t know your real IP, but they do know your password and information you put in websites.

Any other solution as NodeVPN etc. is the worst things that could be done to ensure anonymity.
Every (!) VPN service has logs (who connect, ip, web history).

If you really care, I`d advise you to make your own VPN (rent servers, with full ROOT access) and disable logging

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:40:56 AM
Merited by dbshck (1)

Hello everyone. So, I am new to all of this crypto currency stuff. I just purchased a Ledger Nano S which is a hardware wallet that is as secure as a passport'so chip. (So they say.) Anyhow, I wanted to ask, how do I spend these bitcoins anonymously without it being traced back to me or my wallet?

You need to use a mixer to cut off the trail to your wallet. There are probably a few other ways, but that's the most straightforward one at the moment.

Also, is Tor browser on Tails OS safe enough to run by itself, or do I need to use Nordvpn? Is there a way to change the address after a transaction?

It should be safe enough. Running a VPN could add to the anonymity factor though, and might help with snooping Tor exit nodes depending on how you pull it off. Nord does say they don't keep logs, they're in an internet privacy friendly country, and that you can pay them anonymously with Bitcoin, so I'd say they could probably be trusted.

--Update: Also, when having my Tails OS activated, how can I use my ledger to purchase stuff?

Have you already set it up? You should be able to pair it with a browser plugin. Check their website. You spend coins pretty much the same way you do with any other wallet afterwards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: