Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:21:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold On for Dear Life  (Read 257 times)
Exclusives (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:11:33 AM

Hold On for Dear Life = Bitcoin's strategy to hold by moving a number of assets into a Bitcoin wallet - to stay safe until it's decided to use it or sell it.
Investors who put their money in digital currencies like Bitcoin must be patient to face the fact that the latest trends show a decline in cryptocurrency values. Even so, this does not necessarily make Bitcoin owners panic and rashly release all of its assets in digital currency.

Increasing and decreasing markets are reasonable because they prove that the market has many fans and the market is very active. Some people cannot tolerate the rise and fall of the value of Bitcoin. "If it makes you see the roof at night for no reason, it's better not to have it at all." that's what I think.

Undeniably, digital currency is the future. You have to prepare it for years, we have seen how much the initial price of Bitcoin was launched, until now.

The following is a graph that shows bitcoin prices from 2012 to 2017
https://i.imgur.com/Dpnnoox.jpg

I will still hold the coins I have, and still trust in Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinOddsChecker

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 07:11:02 AM

If you can afford to hold onto your bitcoins, by all means, go! The way I see it, prices will go past the 20k mark. I guess only time will tell when that day comes. Many were skeptical of the crypto when it first came out. Well, i hate to say I told you so but it looks like Bitcoin is only headed towards one direction--with the occasional hiccup, of course. Bitcoin is not the faint-hearted  Cheesy
Myown55

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:32:16 AM

Personally, I think HOLDing your bitcoin for future sales is a good ideas even though this idea requires a lot of patient- it may take  days,weeks, months, or a fews years. That is why you should not put all your eggs in this BUBBLE GAME.

✪GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain✪  
◉ http://gowithmi.com/◎☛https://twitter.com/GoWithMi_GL☚◎https://t.me/gowithmi_en ◉
Exclusives (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:11:57 AM

If you can afford to hold onto your bitcoins, by all means, go! The way I see it, prices will go past the 20k mark. I guess only time will tell when that day comes. Many were skeptical of the crypto when it first came out. Well, i hate to say I told you so but it looks like Bitcoin is only headed towards one direction--with the occasional hiccup, of course. Bitcoin is not the faint-hearted  Cheesy
We still don't know the future of Bitcoin. I can wait and hope bitcoin shows the increase as we expect.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:57:55 AM

Hold On for Dear Life = Bitcoin's strategy to hold by moving a number of assets into a Bitcoin wallet - to stay safe until it's decided to use it or sell it.
Investors who put their money in digital currencies like Bitcoin must be patient to face the fact that the latest trends show a decline in cryptocurrency values. Even so, this does not necessarily make Bitcoin owners panic and rashly release all of its assets in digital currency.

Increasing and decreasing markets are reasonable because they prove that the market has many fans and the market is very active. Some people cannot tolerate the rise and fall of the value of Bitcoin. "If it makes you see the roof at night for no reason, it's better not to have it at all." that's what I think.

Undeniably, digital currency is the future. You have to prepare it for years, we have seen how much the initial price of Bitcoin was launched, until now.

Hey hodl is the universally accepted policy of Bitcoin holders, this strategy has stood the test of time and has always rewarded those who followed it. If you have observed whenever fud hits the markets, or price drops happens people panic and immediately rush to sell their coins, but holders stay put they do not make rash decisions cause they know in long run they'll earn a lot. If you see the charts of of 2009 till date people have got super high returns which no asset can ever match. Though this year been difficult I'm sure in the long run all those who have hold on to their coins will be rewarded.
chloeeacuna

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:07:26 AM

I trust and holding my bitcoin until it goes back again to 10K+ usd. What I am trying to trade - buy and sell - are the alts, but bitcoin will always be on my portfolio, no matter what happened.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:30:06 AM

Well Holding on to your bitcoin is really a good thing and I think a long-term investment to bitcoin is a profitable thing to do, Giving you faith in this coin will be a good income for your future, I am saying this because of the good services and security provided by bitcoin is really where you can see it from the past movement of its value, I really consider investing in it while its price is still cheap.
rosemary4u

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:51:22 PM

I believe in the hodl approach in order to uphold the value of bitcoin on the market. This is the best strategy to avoid being deceived in selling at a cheaper price far lesser than bitcoin deserves. HODL now and I bet you would never regret your decision to do so.
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:59:41 PM

I completely agree with you, I just like you hold bitcoin and know for sure that it will give a very good profit in the future
Exclusives (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:32:53 AM

Well Holding on to your bitcoin is really a good thing and I think a long-term investment to bitcoin is a profitable thing to do, Giving you faith in this coin will be a good income for your future, I am saying this because of the good services and security provided by bitcoin is really where you can see it from the past movement of its value, I really consider investing in it while its price is still cheap.

Yes, sir, the time has proven and we can only predict and hope.

I am a strong hodler as well.  I don't care about the dips or crashes.  But every time my coins dip in price, I would take that as an opportunity to accumulate more.  Some people blame me for being too optimistic, but I don't care.  I invested what I can afford to lose.  It was the money that I didn't need.  If I lose it all, I will still be fine.  If it works according to the plan, then I will be retiring early.

Yes, I think, you know more about the principle of investing in cryptocurrency, using money that does not affect our lives, that is what we should do.
I see many people who are still risking and selling property to move investment to cryptocurrency, that's bad.
And in the end they gave up because they could not survive waiting for the right time. Undecided
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:31:16 PM

If you have taken your time to study the movement of bitcoin from the unset you will realizes that instability is part and parcel of the bitcoin market and price and if you don't really understand how this volatility works you may get frustrated by it and at some point feel like giving up on crypto/bitcoin, but my advice is try to equip your self with this knowledge of price volatility before you even invest your cent in bitcoin.
solkinsolali

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:11:02 PM

This is a good decision for you. You have to hold for life and as long as possible. Since we are now almost certain that digital currency is the future, it will be a good risk saving your assets in Bitcoin or digital currencies.
$9million

Activity: 140
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 09:50:56 PM

Yh.  It's good to hold on for sometime especially this period where the market is very unhealthy to even sell. Traders need to hold on and wait for sometime before going further to sell their coins.
sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 10:01:05 PM

HODL is not an acronym for "hold on for dear life",that is a negative connotation that was recently used by CNBC in their bitcoin mockery documentary- that bitcoin was nothing more than a speculative bubble.
The correct and generally consensus of us bitcoin advocate is that HODL simply a deliberate misspelling of Hold.
In any case, HODL has value, the price of bitcoin in the last one year will show that hodlers are still In profit
cxmyifan16

Activity: 377
Merit: 10

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:18:52 PM

Thanks for sharing the interesting information, which will be of use for me because I am going to invest in btc as i believe that it will be the leader in the market for long and this will happen soon

Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:35:09 PM

A safest way is hodling your bitcoin until you are decided to sell off your bitcoins. But just to remind you that always set how much profit you have to take before to finally sell it. However, transferring your btc into your wallet is also a good way for hodling with in fact we know that we can just gain profits when the bitcoin is inflation is done.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:35:41 PM

Hodl is what we need to do to bring back the faith in crypto, which in turn will bring back the investors. The chart is a great pictorial of where bitcoin has come from and where it will go next. It can easily go past $20K when the time and conditions are right.

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:38:11 AM

WRONG.
an investor must know what he is doing. "having patient" is a dumb suggestion that newbies who don't understand the market dynamic give each other to put some band aid on their wounds caused by their bad decisions such as investing in shitcoins that got dumped on them.
what you need is "knowledge and experience" not "patience".

Increasing and decreasing markets are reasonable because they prove that the market has many fans and the market is very active.
it depends on the market and the type of rise and falls.
if you are talking about bitcoin and the rallies and corrections then what you say makes sense but you seem to be mentioning bitcoin but you are talking about all cryptocurrencies at the same time which is WRONG again. altcoins and their pump and dumps have nothing to do with rise and falls and the only thing that proves is that there is manipulation there and should be avoided specially by newcomers.

Only Bitcoin
jhayness18

Activity: 34

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:49:50 AM

Actually, a true believer and supporter of bitcoin are always choosing to hold until they will reach their beautiful success. The people that has a long period of experiences in this field  so they are believe that even there are a lot of difficulties that they are encountered to this system they still keep holding and has a long patience of waiting.  In fact, mostly of us has faith and believe that bitcoin will be much more successful in the near future and maybe it will lead our way to reaches everyone's dreams and desires in the future.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:58:02 AM

Smart investors has been using this strategy but it doesn't mean that its a fool proof method. Sometimes you need to dump and then re-buy when the price dip. Probably its more applicable to early bag holders because they were able to accumulate a lot. But for 2017 investors, most likely they really need to HODL for a long time to be able to see a good profit, just saying.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████