Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:24:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies, worry not and widen your horizon  (Read 206 times)
Aniwura (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:58:17 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2018, 02:24:48 PM by Aniwura

It is high time newbies like me stopped complaining about the reviewed merit system. I understand it is for better and to reinstate the great glory of this forum.
Instead of brooding on not having merit or that you have been demoted, try to think of other things you can engage yourself with, in this cryptospace. Just like a popular saying that "there are 999 ways of solving every problem". Which means there are other ways through which you can earn coins to add to your portfolio. Such as:
-Trading
-Mining
-Investment
-Providing special promotional services to projects
-Airdrop and so on...
Limiting yourself to bounty alone is like not preparing for the challenges ahead.
Give other areas some trials and you might see that you are better of doing them than any other way you have always known. Smiley

Thanks moderator for moving this thread to beginners and help section of the forum.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duythan1988
Copper Member

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:08:20 AM

It is high time newbies like me stopped complaining about the reviewed merit system. I understand it is for better and to reinstate the great glory of this forum.
Instead of brooding on not having merit or that you have been demoted, try to think of other things you can engage yourself with, in this cryptospace. Just like a popular saying that "there are 999 ways of solving every problem". Which means there are other ways through which you can earn coins to add to your portfolio. Such as:
-Trading
-Mining
-Investment
-Airdrop and so on...
Limiting yourself to bounty alone is like not preparing for the challenges ahead.
Give other areas some trials and you might see that you are better of doing them than any other way you have always known. Smiley
Hi my friend !
if you have a tip for newbie. It is better that you should improve your rankings first. Please move it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0
I think would be more appropriate. Do not create more garbage on the meta. Good luck
Aniwura (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:15:43 AM

Thanks...
I thought of doing this, because complaints are on meta. So why call it garbage?
In any case, thanks. Good to see you got a merit to your account yesterday.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 11:35:04 AM
Merited by darkie199 (1)

if you have a tip for newbie. It is better that you should improve your rankings first.

Please follow you own advice, and read the posting guidelines. One of the major annoyances is the redundant quoting of orignal posts, especially in the second post. Please have some consideration for the merit sources who have to read these threads, and who don't want to wade through a sea of replication. Making these quotes often leads to your post being skipped anyway, so if you are posting for merits, then it is counter productive. It can also mean that you may be considered to be a "spambie" rather than a newbie.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Aniwura (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:41:39 AM

if you have a tip for newbie. It is better that you should improve your rankings first.

Please follow you own advice, and read the posting guidelines. One of the major annoyances is the redundant quoting of orignal posts, especially in the second post. Please have some consideration for the merit sources who have to read these threads, and who don't want to wade through a sea of replication. Making these quotes often leads to your post being skipped anyway, so if you are posting for merits, then it is counter productive. It can also mean that you may be considered to be a "spambie" rather than a newbie.

Thanks, i think i am getting a better understanding of what should be done at every point in time.
Everyone might need merit, but i am not desperate for it.
I would have been glad if non-operators can also have a button to move threads as i deem it appropriate to do that.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:46:50 PM

You need one (1) merit to be rank up to a Jr. Member again, right?
the world isn't ending, why is there 5 threads in this section about this every day?!
is it so difficult to write something that isn't garbage?  Sad

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:58:47 PM

-Trading
-Mining
-Investment
-Airdrop and so on...
You clearly think that you can outsmart people here? Do not worry I can play along with it that I really do not know why you posted a thread like this. You should be sad because the challenge now is very hard considering that the demand for merit is high and the supply of it is low so people will going to HODL their merit.
Aniwura (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:19:10 PM

-Trading
-Mining
-Investment
-Airdrop and so on...
You clearly think that you can outsmart people here? Do not worry I can play along with it that I really do not know why you posted a thread like this. You should be sad because the challenge now is very hard considering that the demand for merit is high and the supply of it is low so people will going to HODL their merit.

What amazes me is that highly ranked members like Jet Cash and BQ were constructive with their criticism, but you a Jr. Member, who managed to give this account of yours a merit through another account you have containing some smerit, because of the reformed system of merit, can now backlash your colleague with words. I am not desperate and that you should know. Thanks.
Be constructive with your criticism next time.
I think you need to be reported for dashing merit to yourself on 17th September, 2018.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:38:28 PM

well you have one merit now so 9 more to go before a change,
people don't hold their merit because it has no gain for them and it also is removed if not given,
so there really isn't much difference with before, since there were also new merit sources added.
this means there's more people willing to give merit, the only difference is that more people also want it now -
but if you were going to post useful posts, then you'd have done it before this change!

What amazes me is that highly ranked members like Jet Cash and BQ were constructive with their criticism
Jet Cash is highly ranked and always very constructive here, I'm not highly ranked! nor were I constructive, I maybe should have been but there's sooo many threads about this same topic.
people with 0 merit coming and telling everyone how to get merit/not to worry about having no merit..!  Huh

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Aniwura (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:12:20 PM

Jet Cash is highly ranked and always very constructive here, I'm not highly ranked! nor were I constructive, I maybe should have been but there's sooo many threads about this same topic.
people with 0 merit coming and telling everyone how to get merit/not to worry about having no merit..!  Huh

This interesting, because you are making me to have fun filled day. I know that were not fully constructive in your criticism. All the same, it was a good one and i enjoyed it.
I have got no choice now than to continue with other ventures in the space. Yet, being in this forum would help me to upgrade and increase in knowledge and not for me to continue to remain as a noob.
SoiledDove

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 03:40:11 PM

Thanks...
I thought of doing this, because complaints are on meta. So why call it garbage?
In any case, thanks. Good to see you got a merit to your account yesterday.

Calling that post 'garbage' was sad. I didn't like. Unnecessary repetition is one thing. 'Garbage' is something else. See if you're a newbie, you're scared to put a foot wrong. Then you get demoted. And you see another Newbie's post referred to as 'garbage'. Yet it has been admitted that the forum needs new blood every so often. So we 'newbies' are necessary. But using a phrase like that is really sad and unnecessary. See, I think a little respect is nice and it works both ways. Maybe it's just me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: