Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:09:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which cryptocurrency wallet is the best?  (Read 540 times)
vovanlau1 (OP)

Activity: 69
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:51:18 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

There is no single best option available for everyone. One size doesn’t fit all and when it comes to cryptocurrency wallet, it’s important to consider the following variables:

· Which cryptocurrencies do you trade? Bitcoin or altcoins? How diversified is your portfolio?

· Are you a short-term or a long-term trader?

· How secure are your trading tools and devices and what is the security record of your considered wallet?

· What are the wallets associated costs?

· Is the wallet UI intuitive and user-friendly?

· How mobile and accessible is your wallet? Is it difficult to keep and easy to lose?

· Does it allow you to make quick purchases or sell-offs whenever needed? What is its latency?

Here are some popular wallets that are considered to be safe and reliable in different situations.

Single currency wallets. As a rule of thumb, going for an official currency’s wallet is always a good option. Here are the official wallets of major cryptocurrencies:

Bitcoin: Bitcoin Core Wallet, Mycelium or Electrum.

Ethereum: Ethereum Wallet or MyEtherWallet (Paper Wallet).

Litecoin: Litecoin-QT.

Dash: Dash Core.

NEO: Neon Wallet, NEO-CLI, NEO-GUI.

Most of the time, official wallets are easy to find on the company’s website.

Multicurrency wallets (software). Here are some of the popular multicurrency online purses.

Jaxx Wallet. An optimal crypto wallet software that offers both mobile and desktop applications. Use it to store your Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Dash, Zcash and dozens of other cryptocurrencies.

Coinomi. Coinomi supports 64 cryptocurrencies and is one of the best mobile wallets on the market. The only downside is that at the moment it currently works with Android only.

Exodus. Exodus is a solid desktop wallet which lets you store Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, OmiseGo, Qtum, Dash, Bat, Aragorn and many other coins.

Fast Invest Wallet. Fast Invest is a quickly-growing European P2P loan operator established in 2012. Currently, the company is moving into P2P crypto loans and crypto trading markets and will launch a solid multicurrency crypto wallet for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Fast Invest token (FIT) holdings. The wallet is set to start on December 4th together with Fast Invest ICO.

Hardware wallets. Although more expensive, hardware wallets are considered to be one of the safest options for crypto investors.

KeepKey. Supports Bitcoin, Ehtereum and majority of other altcoins.

Ledger Blue. Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum and majority of other altcoins.

Trezor. Supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, DASH, Zcash, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and other ERC-20 Tokens.

Digital Bitbox. Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and other ERC-20 tokens.

Cloud wallets. Although we stressed that online wallets can be dangerous, storing your coins on Coinbase and GDAX are safer than others. Coins in these exchanges are insured, thus providing a guarantee that you will be compensated even if the company is hacked.

A digital wallet may be the most important investment decision. Therefore, it’s worth to invest time and effort into choosing the right one. Although hardware wallets may seem expensive at first, at the moment, they offer the most complete cryptocurrency storage option, combining both safety and functionality. Nevertheless, there are some decent hot wallets as well. The final decision is always yours and you should stick with the wallet which lets you get a sweet good night’s sleep.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rajatkatyal

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:40:08 AM

According to me Ethereum or my ethereum wallet is the best and mostly used cryptocurrency wallet. and it is most trustfully wallet according to cryptocurrency users.
IVEXO

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 02:48:50 PM

To me every crypto currency wallet is the best
It depends on the level of concentration from users

If you are careless and you use Trezor wallet or other hard core wallets you will get hacked easily

Safety of wallet all depends on the users
JeffreyBasil

Activity: 166

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:03:44 PM

There is no single best option available for everyone. One size doesn’t fit all and when it comes to cryptocurrency wallet, it’s important to consider the following variables:

· Which cryptocurrencies do you trade? Bitcoin or altcoins? How diversified is your portfolio?

· Are you a short-term or a long-term trader?

· How secure are your trading tools and devices and what is the security record of your considered wallet?

· What are the wallets associated costs?

· Is the wallet UI intuitive and user-friendly?

· How mobile and accessible is your wallet? Is it difficult to keep and easy to lose?

· Does it allow you to make quick purchases or sell-offs whenever needed? What is its latency?

Here are some popular wallets that are considered to be safe and reliable in different situations.

Single currency wallets. As a rule of thumb, going for an official currency’s wallet is always a good option. Here are the official wallets of major cryptocurrencies:

Bitcoin: Bitcoin Core Wallet, Mycelium or Electrum.

Ethereum: Ethereum Wallet or MyEtherWallet (Paper Wallet).

Litecoin: Litecoin-QT.

Dash: Dash Core.

NEO: Neon Wallet, NEO-CLI, NEO-GUI.

Most of the time, official wallets are easy to find on the company’s website.

Multicurrency wallets (software). Here are some of the popular multicurrency online purses.

Jaxx Wallet. An optimal crypto wallet software that offers both mobile and desktop applications. Use it to store your Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Dash, Zcash and dozens of other cryptocurrencies.

Coinomi. Coinomi supports 64 cryptocurrencies and is one of the best mobile wallets on the market. The only downside is that at the moment it currently works with Android only.

Exodus. Exodus is a solid desktop wallet which lets you store Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, OmiseGo, Qtum, Dash, Bat, Aragorn and many other coins.

Fast Invest Wallet. Fast Invest is a quickly-growing European P2P loan operator established in 2012. Currently, the company is moving into P2P crypto loans and crypto trading markets and will launch a solid multicurrency crypto wallet for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Fast Invest token (FIT) holdings. The wallet is set to start on December 4th together with Fast Invest ICO.

Hardware wallets. Although more expensive, hardware wallets are considered to be one of the safest options for crypto investors.

KeepKey. Supports Bitcoin, Ehtereum and majority of other altcoins.

Ledger Blue. Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum and majority of other altcoins.

Trezor. Supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, DASH, Zcash, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and other ERC-20 Tokens.

Digital Bitbox. Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and other ERC-20 tokens.

Cloud wallets. Although we stressed that online wallets can be dangerous, storing your coins on Coinbase and GDAX are safer than others. Coins in these exchanges are insured, thus providing a guarantee that you will be compensated even if the company is hacked.

A digital wallet may be the most important investment decision. Therefore, it’s worth to invest time and effort into choosing the right one. Although hardware wallets may seem expensive at first, at the moment, they offer the most complete cryptocurrency storage option, combining both safety and functionality. Nevertheless, there are some decent hot wallets as well. The final decision is always yours and you should stick with the wallet which lets you get a sweet good night’s sleep.
I think MEW wallets is the best to all coins to secure the scams of the long term. but it is your choice which have you use the wallet for the long term.
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 06:58:49 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

I think one of the most secure wallet is offline MEW.
You can buy a cheap laptop and use it always offline to generate offline transactions with MEW.
(And this laptop may be much cheaper then any hardware wallet.)
Use those generated transactions on the online PC to send ETH and tokens.
In this case your private keys will be always offline and safe...
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1580

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:08:46 PM

Good compilation, just for everyone that uses Ethereum, be aware that one of the basics to protect yourself is using metamask. It will signs transactions on your client side so you will never be sending keys through the internet. It may mean the difference between being hacked or not and is free to install.

fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 07:40:27 PM

I use MEW and everything is fine.  Metamask is a good extension for security.  Security comes first in the field of cryptoinvestment.  I want to buy Ledger or Trezor.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 07:45:27 PM

Im mostly in eth and erc based tokens so mew works well for me, i do use coinbase as well for btc, ltc etc, there are new exciting universal wallets are also being developed where we can store all kinds of coins and tokens, once developed i will try to see if they are really good and then may start using them for example, ethos, pillar etc.

Skroojee

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:20:41 PM

If we talk about the security of wallets, then there is nothing better than a hardware wallet, their only problem is that they can store only a certain coins. If you are a bounty hunter, then you will definitely have to use MEW.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
itssawai

Activity: 308

Look ARROUND!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2018, 07:26:30 PM

Great article, For Ethereum and ERC20 tokens, I've always been a fan of Metamask because of it's extra security layer, but recent MEWconnect by MEW is really great, secure and easy to use. I'd recommend you to give it a try, it might come in par with Metamask wallet.

ARROUND || Decentralized Augmented Reality Platform || ARROUND
Look ARROUND!
Puyol

Activity: 616
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:37:03 PM

I have various coins these are Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Eos and Stellar. I Have stored Ethereums in mywetherwallet. You can use the myetherwallet even if you are offline. I store my other coins on Binance. I really trust this exchange. But you dont want storing coins on exchange, you can use ledger nano wallet. But I warn you this wallet isnt free.
futurefuturecoins

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 03:58:27 PM

All my friends recommend MEW wallet. A very popular wallet. I also registered the MEW wallet and will use it for settlements.
RohitMalhotra123

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:33:14 PM

I think MEW wallet is best than others. It is very popular. Maximum peoples like it very much. It is very good and use it for settlements.
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:35:42 PM

There are no good or bad wallets, and if we discuss the security of the wallet, then of course the offline wallet will be much safer than any threat of phishing or hackers but you have to save the wallet safely, because if you remove the offline wallet, then there is no other way to return your coin or token except by finding the wallet
ruli stylon

Activity: 721
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:10:03 PM

For now the MYtherwallet wallet is still the best. Besides being easy, low cost is fast and safe. I still use MEW.
Even though my MEW wallet was stolen, it was purely my fault. it is the carelessness of users who cannot maintain user keywords.
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:54:23 PM

There are no good or bad wallets, and if we discuss the security of the wallet, then of course the offline wallet will be much safer than any threat of phishing or hackers but you have to save the wallet safely, because if you remove the offline wallet, then there is no other way to return your coin or token except by finding the wallet

Yes, if I use and create wallet on applications or software that allows to create wallet. If those applications have pre-installed spy software, my wallet will be able to hack at any time
kleeck

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:08:38 PM

I am mostly using my ethereum wallet with metamask. I feel very secure and didn't have any problems with it.

And i'm using it with multiple websites.

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:09:51 PM

Why looking for the best crypto wallet when you have someone who introduced you into cryptocurrency, I'm very sure the first thing the person will talked about is the wallet where your earned coin will be kept, so now tell me has anything happen to the one he or she introduced to you.? Ur answer will be No which means all Wallet for coin are safe, the only problem u might have is you trying to find a new one which is not recommended by people.
lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:13:54 PM

According to me Ethereum or my ethereum wallet is the best and mostly used cryptocurrency wallet. and it is most trustfully wallet according to cryptocurrency users.

What are you talking about man, not clear totally! What is the Ethereum wallet and what is my Ethereum wallet? However, Maybe you wanted to tell myetherwallet, but this is not the best, this is just a below average crypto wallet. The best online wallet for ERC20 Tokens is Metamask, Imtoken wallet also good, but I would not prefer Myetherwallet alone. You need to use myetherwallet with Metamask, or you can use A hardware wallet and this is the best wallet for every crypto coins like BTC, EOS, XRP, EC20 coins and all.
oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:22:14 PM

metamask is still the best ethereum based wallet I've ever used, because this will make it safe, and the possibility of being stolen will be very small, even though other wallets have a good level of security, but metamask has given me satisfaction

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: