Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:27:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which cryptocurrency wallet is the best?  (Read 555 times)
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:19:28 AM

Ethereum wallet is the best wallet for most of the altcoins hold or transactions. For safety, Blockchain.com is the best ever wallet of Bitcoin and Ethereum than Ethereum wallet.
godspree

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:26:39 AM

There is no single best option available for everyone. One size doesn’t fit all and when it comes to cryptocurrency wallet, it’s important to consider the following variables:

· Which cryptocurrencies do you trade? Bitcoin or altcoins? How diversified is your portfolio?

· Are you a short-term or a long-term trader?

· How secure are your trading tools and devices and what is the security record of your considered wallet?

· What are the wallets associated costs?

· Is the wallet UI intuitive and user-friendly?

· How mobile and accessible is your wallet? Is it difficult to keep and easy to lose?

· Does it allow you to make quick purchases or sell-offs whenever needed? What is its latency?

Here are some popular wallets that are considered to be safe and reliable in different situations.

Single currency wallets. As a rule of thumb, going for an official currency’s wallet is always a good option. Here are the official wallets of major cryptocurrencies:

Bitcoin: Bitcoin Core Wallet, Mycelium or Electrum.

Ethereum: Ethereum Wallet or MyEtherWallet (Paper Wallet).

Litecoin: Litecoin-QT.

Dash: Dash Core.

NEO: Neon Wallet, NEO-CLI, NEO-GUI.

Most of the time, official wallets are easy to find on the company’s website.

Multicurrency wallets (software). Here are some of the popular multicurrency online purses.

Jaxx Wallet. An optimal crypto wallet software that offers both mobile and desktop applications. Use it to store your Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Dash, Zcash and dozens of other cryptocurrencies.

Coinomi. Coinomi supports 64 cryptocurrencies and is one of the best mobile wallets on the market. The only downside is that at the moment it currently works with Android only.

Exodus. Exodus is a solid desktop wallet which lets you store Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, OmiseGo, Qtum, Dash, Bat, Aragorn and many other coins.

Fast Invest Wallet. Fast Invest is a quickly-growing European P2P loan operator established in 2012. Currently, the company is moving into P2P crypto loans and crypto trading markets and will launch a solid multicurrency crypto wallet for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Fast Invest token (FIT) holdings. The wallet is set to start on December 4th together with Fast Invest ICO.

Hardware wallets. Although more expensive, hardware wallets are considered to be one of the safest options for crypto investors.

KeepKey. Supports Bitcoin, Ehtereum and majority of other altcoins.

Ledger Blue. Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum and majority of other altcoins.

Trezor. Supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, DASH, Zcash, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and other ERC-20 Tokens.

Digital Bitbox. Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and other ERC-20 tokens.

Cloud wallets. Although we stressed that online wallets can be dangerous, storing your coins on Coinbase and GDAX are safer than others. Coins in these exchanges are insured, thus providing a guarantee that you will be compensated even if the company is hacked.

A digital wallet may be the most important investment decision. Therefore, it’s worth to invest time and effort into choosing the right one. Although hardware wallets may seem expensive at first, at the moment, they offer the most complete cryptocurrency storage option, combining both safety and functionality. Nevertheless, there are some decent hot wallets as well. The final decision is always yours and you should stick with the wallet which lets you get a sweet good night’s sleep.

My personal favourite is Exodus. My  first impression of Exodus was just wow. I mean you just need to check that how advance the online web-based cryptocurrency wallet they are offering to the users.
Aleh777

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:40:19 AM

My ether wallet is the best wallet when compare to other wallets. Ian using this wallet for long time still I didn't face any problem. It is the best wallet for altcoins and this wallet is very secure to hold the tokens. Most of the users use this wallet for transaction. Another wallet is coinbase it is also one of the secured wallet and easy to use. The transaction speed is high and the transaction fees also low. Now it supports more coins and this is one of the trustworthy wallet used by many users.
BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 11:40:29 AM

I would add to your list of good wallets, two other that i recently experienced:
BITHER : is a bitcoin wallet made since 2014 and is available for desktop/IOS/Android. Now it supports SegWit addresses. Official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498382.0
HODLER : This is a new project under developement. It is the only fully Open Source, free multi-asset and multi-platform cryptocurrency wallet in the world. It supports a lot of cryptocurrencies and aim to add more. Follow the updates in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.0
Khiceog

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:28:31 PM

There is no single best option available for everyone. One size doesn’t fit all and when it comes to cryptocurrency wallet, it’s important to consider the following variables:

· Which cryptocurrencies do you trade? Bitcoin or altcoins? How diversified is your portfolio?

· How secure are your trading tools and devices and what is the security record of your considered wallet?

· How mobile and accessible is your wallet? Is it difficult to keep and easy to lose?

· Does it allow you to make quick purchases or sell-offs whenever needed? What is its latency?

Here are some popular wallets that are considered to be safe and reliable in different situations.

Single currency wallets. As a rule of thumb, going for an official currency’s wallet is always a good option. Here are the official wallets of major cryptocurrencies:

Multicurrency wallets (software). Here are some of the popular multicurrency online purses.

Jaxx Wallet. An optimal crypto wallet software that offers both mobile and desktop applications. Use it to store your Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Dash, Zcash and dozens of other cryptocurrencies.

Coinomi. Coinomi supports 64 cryptocurrencies and is one of the best mobile wallets on the market. The only downside is that at the moment it currently works with Android only.

Exodus. Exodus is a solid desktop wallet which lets you store Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, OmiseGo, Qtum, Dash, Bat, Aragorn and many other coins.

Fast Invest Wallet. Fast Invest is a quickly-growing European P2P loan operator established in 2012. Currently, the company is moving into P2P crypto loans and crypto trading markets and will launch a solid multicurrency crypto wallet for Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Fast Invest token (FIT) holdings. The wallet is set to start on December 4th together with Fast Invest ICO.

Hardware wallets. Although more expensive, hardware wallets are considered to be one of the safest options for crypto investors.

Trezor. Supports Bitcoin, Litecoin, DASH, Zcash, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and other ERC-20 Tokens.

Digital Bitbox. Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and other ERC-20 tokens.

Cloud wallets. Although we stressed that online wallets can be dangerous, storing your coins on Coinbase and GDAX are safer than others. Coins in these exchanges are insured, thus providing a guarantee that you will be compensated even if the company is hacked.

A digital wallet may be the most important investment decision. Therefore, it’s worth to invest time and effort into choosing the right one. Although hardware wallets may seem expensive at first, at the moment, they offer the most complete cryptocurrency storage option, combining both safety and functionality. Nevertheless, there are some decent hot wallets as well. The final decision is always yours and you should stick with the wallet which lets you get a sweet good night’s sleep.

Most of wallets are similar, so it is the question of taste. For example, some people like my ether wallet, while others consider it as one of the most inconvinient solutions they have ever come across.
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:44:55 PM

Now it is hard to say, because there are a lot of different wallets now. But not all wallets guarantee maximum security and fast transaction speed. but I can advise MEW
vKedax

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:57:21 PM

I did not use most of the cryptographic wallets listed above, MEW is enough for me, because basically I have  tokens and ETH.  I do not have a lot of coins, so I keep some on the stock exchange, those that can not be stored in MEW.

zedaq

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:00:32 PM

Probably it would be better to clarify what exactly is meant, because I think that here, for example, ERC20 tokens are meant, it seems to me that in this case MEW, which has already been tested many times, is best suited.
Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:14:17 PM

I think this depends on the needs, if we have a large amount of bitcoin then saving offline wallet is certainly better, but if we are active then web wallets like blockchain.info are easy and safe wallets.

Kelvinovie2

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:18:54 PM

Every wallets has its own advantage and disadvantages, but for my altercoin I have been making use of IM token and haven't had any problem with it, likely the best wallet have used maybe cus it's the only eth wallet have used, and for Bitcoin I used blockchain and luno to exchange to hard cash.
MP_SI
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

Tell the truth – or, at least, don't lie!

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:32:12 PM

I used quite a lot of walets (mainly multicurency) and now only use Ledger Nano S with it's new Ledger Live is the KING as BTC!
Siegtal81

Activity: 334

Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:34:31 PM

STEEL, an ecosystem which is passing development stage, seems to launch the worlds most secured wallet you have ever seen. I consider that most of cryptocurrency community members will start using it right after the official release.

jfederkins

Activity: 296

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:36:05 PM

MEW is the best for me but it has some problems now with the security, I have not chosen the another wallet yet but I am looking for it so much with such suitable way of using.
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:37:07 PM

I think that the best cryptocurrency wallet for BTC among software wallets is the right Electrum, because I use it and advise you, since it is very safe, but certainly not 100%, because there is no 100% security anywhere.
BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:17:51 PM

I think that the best cryptocurrency wallet for BTC among software wallets is the right Electrum, because I use it and advise you, since it is very safe, but certainly not 100%, because there is no 100% security anywhere.
Bitcoin Core BitCore is the official wallet as most dealed known app to access the BTC blockchain and store funds into it. I can't deny that electrum is also a reputable one but it still has some lacks that need to be overwhelmed by the time progress.
Cold Storage with LedgerNano or any other one, would be the safest way to keep your BTC safe as much as possible.
Huskarls

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:30:46 PM

So far, the above Wallet is what I still use until now, it is proven that security can be said to be "very safe". Besides that the usage is also simple
Grim149x

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 02:32:59 PM

Interesting.

However I kind of prefer imToken because of its ease of use. Supports ERC tokens, bitcoin, ethereum, and eos which is kind of neat.

HaroldConway

Activity: 185
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:46:06 PM

There are a many wallets to secure the coins/tokens for the long term. But mostly I believe the MEW wallet.cuz This wallet give me a reliable in this past few month. it's secure the my tokens/private keys and the coins without any harmless.
iamzill

Activity: 677
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:48:27 PM

the problem for cryptocurrency wallets is still good using myetherwallet. because the wallet is still used by many people. but if you want to save long-term, you can use an offline wallet like nano ledger or trezzor where it can be used as one of the good options for keeping assets safe
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 02:55:57 PM

For ether, myetherwallet is the best and very versatile and safe wallet I have seen for keeping ethereum. Myetherwallet is not  actually in the sense  of keeping your ether on your computer or other server somewhere. With myetherwallet, you  have access to your coin on the blockchain and it is safe on the blockchain.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: