Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:13:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TGE][AIRDROP] Sylo - decentralised communication network and ecosystem  (Read 26809 times)
AuroraHF

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:03:12 PM

I tried the application and I'm pretty impressed with what Sylo team has created. Of course it's not the full version so will be waiting for it.
Well it kinda is the full version of the current app. The current one is a full functional partially decentralized comms app, the upcoming DApp is fully decentralized with more features.

lmao
JesVarez

Activity: 295
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 11:46:30 PM

I tried the application and I'm pretty impressed with what Sylo team has created. Of course it's not the full version so will be waiting for it.
Well it kinda is the full version of the current app. The current one is a full functional partially decentralized comms app, the upcoming DApp is fully decentralized with more features.
Agreed, the current version of Sylo is a fully working app that I use daily. Waiting to hopefully use the beta of the DApp soon.
steamunified

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 11:12:09 PM

Download the application yesterday. Pretty normal for starters, the chat works quite fast and has no delays, needs more features which I guess will be coming soon.

More features will be added, this is a semi-decentralized application right now. A user above sent the link to the demo preview which looks pretty slick.
mewtea

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:41:17 PM

I saw Sylo at the Japan Blockchain Conference 2018 and loved the team spirit about the project. Currently, their application is not as they showed on the presentation where they showed a demo on how the final version will look. Keep it up guys  Grin

Can I find that demo video somewhere?

Check the demo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8tnioBWGJM

Thanks for the share, it's the first time I've seen how Sylo will be looking. When is this expected to be out?

You can sign up for beta testing, I guess until mid 2019.
AuroraHF

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 12:15:16 AM

What will be the difference between Sylo and Whatsapp for example, I do get the decentralization up to a point, is it safer?
It's safer and better for your privacy, as only you and the person you're chatting with will have access to your messages.

lmao
Abduraxman001

Activity: 333
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:15:29 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2019, 11:31:43 PM by Abduraxman001

So it is still a messenger or a utility for a messenger?
And the coins will be used for encryption-I understand correctly?
an interesting concept -I have not heard of such Grin
mewtea

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:24:46 PM

As far as I've understood Sylo and used it, it's a communication platform similar to WeChat but with future decentralization no one will see the data exchanged expect you and the receiver (no way to steal, modify or corrupt the data). As for the token, it will be used inside the application ecosystem for transactions, more storage, and DApp usage.

Exactly, that's the main goal of Sylo. They provide decentralized communications through P2P technology and by utilising blockchain nodes so that the service won't be down. This is the easiest I can explain it to you, maybe reading the whitepaper might help a bit.
troublingchatting

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:40:05 PM

Digital Identity NZ is the country’s newest not-for-profit organisation

Data breach scandals, like the Marriott incident, emerge on a weekly basis. They serve as a reminder of how important it is to have a secure, decentralised digital identity protocol.
In New Zealand, the private and public sectors have joined forces to create Digital Identity New Zealand, an organisation that aims to provide a safe and decentralised digital identity solution for all New Zealanders.
Centrality is proud to be a founding member, alongside SingleSource and Sylo. Read more about the initiative here https://medium.com/centrality/centrality-joins-new-zealand-digital-identity-collective-efcedee200b5

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*zu4tb7Q5LgZ66O1pn3H5_A.jpeg

So the Sylo team is New Zealand based?

Yes, the team is New Zealand based, meaning that the HQ is there but they have a multicultural team.
AuroraHF

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 12:13:24 AM

Where can I buy Sylo token?

It's not listed on exchanges yet.

lmao
mewtea

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 12:28:37 PM

Oh, I thought it was. Any plans on when it will be listed?

As said on their telegram channel, exchange listing will start 6-8 weeks after they finish their private sale.
galaxyuntreated

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:29:09 PM

I read the recap article you guys shared on your Telegram Channel and I have to say that you have that you have outdone yourself. I barely have seen any project from 2018 that have achieved to stay on their roadmap or even release an early product with more than 20,000 users.
AuroraHF

View Profile
January 20, 2019, 01:12:01 AM

Oh, I thought it was. Any plans on when it will be listed?

As said on their telegram channel, exchange listing will start 6-8 weeks after they finish their private sale.

Thanks, I guess I need to join that group to keep myself updated.

They have two telegram channels. One for discussion, one for announcements.

lmao
AuroraHF

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:57:38 AM

I've seen Sylo being presented at World Blockchain Summit 2018 and the cofounder Dorian was talking about its features and future plans. Glad to see they have progressed a lot in that direction and have an application already out in the market. Will be following you guys on Telegram to keep myself updated on the project.

Are you talking about this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM1x6RSadLY

lmao
steamunified

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 07:41:04 PM

It is an application itself. So basically it will provide decentralised communications with a lot of features and DApp integration. As for their tokens, SYLOs will be used to fuel the Sylo Communication protocol. You will need SYLOs to utilise confidential communication over the Sylo network and you will also be able to use SYLOs within the Sylo application to access a range of services offered by other DApps and their respective token models.
Abduraxman001

Activity: 333
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 02:27:46 AM

As far as I've understood Sylo and used it, it's a communication platform similar to WeChat but with future decentralization no one will see the data exchanged expect you and the receiver (no way to steal, modify or corrupt the data). As for the token, it will be used inside the application ecosystem for transactions, more storage, and DApp usage.

Exactly, that's the main goal of Sylo. They provide decentralized communications through P2P technology and by utilising blockchain nodes so that the service won't be down. This is the easiest I can explain it to you, maybe reading the whitepaper might help a bit.
Oh!I get it!Wasn't it easier to make an app?After all, this is enough for decentralized communication-maybe I'm wrong, though.I would like to see tokens on the exchange-only on the exchange it will be possible to assess the true value of the project.
mewtea

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:18:58 PM

How to participate the airdrop?

As the team said in their telegram channel, there will be no airdrop until for now. They will do airdrops later on during the project development.
mewtea

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 03:48:07 PM

Who can I contact for a business inquire about this project?

The best option is to contact the admins on the official telegram channel: https://t.me/sylo_io
mewtea

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 04:19:05 PM

What is their connection with Centrality, I can see then inter-connecting on twitter and other social media channels.

Sylo is part of Centrality's "Blockchain Family"

They're separate projects that work closely together.

Yea, watched an explainer video of Centrality. Glad to see Sylo has the support of such a strong project.

Sylo has been around for a much longer time. Their first Sylo release was 4 years ago and recently they have been focused on using decentralised blockchain technology available in their platform. This article might help you understand more about the goal of Sylo as a communication platform: https://medium.com/sylo-io/the-ground-we-play-on-74b3da110169?source=collection_home---2------0---------------------
AuroraHF

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 10:19:07 PM

When is their release date for the decentralized application, couldn't find it on the whitepaper?

Sylo beta release will be out by the end of March. Only those who signed up for beta will be able to try the platform first!

lmao
mewtea

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 05:25:32 PM

Quick update from the Sylo team about their work on the beta release, security aspects and more: https://youtu.be/ow0CDr15eqM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: