Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:55:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to start investing. Heard a lot about Exodus wallet . Your opinion?  (Read 190 times)
Senya777 (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:26:26 AM

I want to invest in cryptocurrency. My friends advised me Exodus wallet . at the rate of 35% of bitcoin, 20 Ethereum, the rest in the violas. Who has experience, please tell us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:40:04 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2018, 04:38:10 PM by butka

In my opinion, you should first learn the bare technical details as to how to run your own wallet. (For example, for Bitcoin, a good desktop wallet is Electrum) Then you should consider investing.

Don't rely on somebody else to keep your coins' private keys. I've never used Exodus, so I don't know, they could be a reliable company and a good solution. But, someone else is holding your private keys for you, and IMO, that's a huge no-no.

So, learn how to be responsible of your private keys first. Then, go to a proper exchange and buy the coins you want to buy. After that, store them safely in your own wallet.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:33:17 PM

Exodus is a good wallet base on the things that I've been hearing through its users. What you really are asking? for a wallet or investing advice?

Here's other multicurrency wallet --> https://cryptopotato.com/top-6-multi-currency-digital-wallets/

I have used coinomi and its good and the rest, I don't have. And as for the percentage you'll be giving to bitcoin increase it, not only 35% but up to 50% or more.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:37:16 PM

I'm also using Exodus wallet and never had problems with it, I like Exodus very much. It's very easy to use (Newbie friendly) and it's a very safe one. You own your private keys, which is very important to me, because if you store your coins on an exchange you don't own your private keys, the exchange own it and this is less safe.

For sure, there are still safer ones, like Hardware wallets or a paper wallet, but finally Exodus is a good decision. And you can use different coins in Exodus, ETH and BTC are available.  Smiley

Smiley Smiley
halpi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 05:11:07 PM

Is there a big matter, which wallet do you chose for investment? I suppose every mainstream secure wallet will be suitable. The more important thing is in what are you going to invest.

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:11:08 AM

i don't touch multi-coin wallets. i've heard nothing but bad things about jaxx and exodus. so i can't tell you from personal experience, but i've heard that it's shoddily coded---at least the parts that are open source. exodus is not 100% open source.

and it has bad default privacy and security practices. i know as of last year they forced address reuse (horrible for privacy) and didn't have any kind of 2-factor authentication available.

if you're going to use multi-coin wallets, i would at least spread the risk around and keep the BTC and ETH in separate native wallets. i recommend electrum for BTC and parity (or at least myetherwallet) for ETH.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3650

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 09:30:44 AM

I used that wallet for a while, but I do not recommend you to use it for reasons:

Shapeshift: There are many problems when you want to exchange between cryptos using Shapeshift, from restrictions on some countries and not end on KYC docs "Shapeshift membership."
Vulnerable protection: Although relatively safe, there are many better wallets.
Fees: You can’t control fees, but this may look like an advantage if you do not know about it.

try https://coinomi.com/

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3837

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:41:50 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2018, 09:52:36 AM by mjglqw

It depends. Exodus is definitely a decent wallet. Though if you were to hold significant amounts of crypto investments, definitely take a look at investing in a hardware wallet; preferrably, a Ledger Nano S[1] or a Trezor[2]. Both the best(currently, at least) in the industry. If you're just going to invest around >$500 though, Exodus would probably do fine. Just make sure you backup your recovery seed correctly: NOT in a text/word file. Keep it simple, pen and paper. Best of luck.

[1] https://ledger.com/
[2] https://trezor.io/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3837

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:19:31 AM

Is there a big matter, which wallet do you chose for investment? I suppose every mainstream secure wallet will be suitable. The more important thing is in what are you going to invest.

Agree with you. It doesnt really matter which wallet you choose, rather then the right way to invest and trade.

Uh, no. The wallet matters A LOT. Even if you have a sort of 5-star, "Greatest of All Time-Cryptocurrency-Portfolio" if you unfortunately chose to use a shady or unsecure wallet?

*I'm looking at you, FreeWallet*

Take time to actually do research on a wallet that you're using, to prevent future problems like you losing your funds.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:20:02 AM

Exodus is a good wallet if you wanna hodl multiple coins in the one wallet. Exudos has a good security too but not better than hardware wallets. First of all, you have to learn something about before you invest.
Digitalizm

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:22:54 AM

It depends. Exodus is definitely a decent wallet. Though if you were to hold significant amounts of crypto investments, definitely take a look at investing in a hardware wallet; preferrably, a Ledger Nano S[1] or a Trezor[2]. Both the best(currently, at least) in the industry. If you're just going to invest around >$500 though, Exodus would probably do fine. Just make sure you backup your recovery seed correctly: NOT in a text/word file. Keep it simple, pen and paper. Best of luck.

[1] https://ledger.com/
[2] https://trezor.io/

It is considered that ledger nano and trezor the most secure wallets, best choice a cold wallet in my opinion. I agree with you a 100%
Digitalizm

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:31:08 AM

Exodus is a good wallet if you wanna hodl multiple coins in the one wallet. Exudos has a good security too but not better than hardware wallets. First of all, you have to learn something about before you invest.
recently there are so many choices of multi-wallets, but Exodus is not bad choice, the only thing there might be a problem of compatibility with some Tokens
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: