Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:42:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think will be the most important industry in the near future?  (Read 238 times)
manyexp (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:35:18 PM

I think it's agriculture.
Global warming is affecting all parts of the world today.(ex: drought, Heavy snow and rain, reduction of sea ice, sea level rise, etc.)
There is still a shortage of food in Africa. I think it's going to get worse. That's why I think it's agriculture.
What do you think?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
byteball

Activity: 266
Merit: 42

The rising tide lifts all boats

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:27:49 PM

Global warming is affecting all parts of the world today.(ex: drought, Heavy snow and rain, reduction of sea ice, sea level rise, etc.)
There is still a shortage of food in Africa. I think it's going to get worse. That's why I think it's agriculture.
What do you think?

My bet is that the most important industry is the one that specializes in changing human behaviour through changing human consciousness. Currently it serves narrow group of special interests. For survival, we need to turn it now against those narrow groups and use for the betterment of humanity.

For example, we have food shortages, water shortages and degradation of arable lands because we eat animals. Eating animals is not necessary and usually even counterproductive for good life. We descend from fructivorous animals (eating seeds and fruits) and this is even reflected in Genesis, 1. Eating animals is an unnatural adaptation, promoted after the Deluge.

Ceterum censeo Civitatem Profunda esse delendam
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 09:40:49 AM

Crop cultivation and farming was the greatest invention of man. Far more so than fire or the wheel, as it allowed man to spend time thinking, discussing and building communities, and not being forced to survive as a hunter gatherer.

Global warming is a bit of a myth, as the evidence seems to support the fact that we are entering into a new ice age. These are part of the natural cycles of the solar system, and this will cause some major problems and redistribution of wealth.

So what will be the most important industries? Probably the control of pollution and the protection of wealth and advantage. The other two major industries will be the expansion of the current global eugenics projects, and the extension of life for the elites.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:50:56 AM

Biotechnology and bioengineering.

We are on the brink of a bacterial apocalypse. Overuse of antibiotics in farming and healthcare have cause many bacteria to evolve resistance to them. We are starting to see strains of bacteria that are resistant to all known antibiotics. This will only become more commonplace as our practices continue. Bioengineering viruses to attack these bacteria is our next line of defence against a potential pandemic superbug that could kill billions of people.

Additionally, technology like CRISPR is allowing us to start altering our own DNA. This technology potentially holds the cure for any genetic disease, including type 1 diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, and some types of cancer.

This technology also has already had, and continues to have, big impacts on farming and agriculture. We can create crops that produce a better yield with less space, food and water, more resistant to pests or drought, faster growing, etc.

Biotech is the future.
Applechild

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:22:19 PM

Most people feel the future relies on science and technology such as robotic, cyber-security, big data, Advanced Life Sciences, Codification of Markets. It very ok to look in that direction but until all these technology are able to use to produce food for the masses, raw materials for all other industries and do much more to affect the living standard of the average man on the street, then and only then does all these big tech has the future but in a situation where it does not have much impact on our day to day living then I am in support that agric like you rightly say is the future important industry fueling us.
lockes007

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:25:32 PM

The most important industry in the near future is information communication technologies.
akosipepot

Activity: 377
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:23:40 PM

What do you think?

I do not think it will be agriculture simply because your argument is based in Global warming in which case agriculture on it self won't survive because the conditions won't be there. This is why I think the next big industries would be computing and genetics.
Phenoca

Activity: 94

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:01:11 PM

Global warming is affecting all parts of the world today.
Your answers are better than mine.

Global warming is a bit of a myth, as the evidence seems to support the fact that we are entering into a new ice age. These are part of the natural cycles of the solar system, and this will cause some major problems and redistribution of wealth.
On a 10,000 year scale yes. But humans broke out of that natural cycle through deforestation, industry, agriculture and greenhouse gas sources like transportation. Now that we've passed 400ppm CO2 I find it more relevant to step inside a greenhouse or take a look at Venus. As the sunlight absorption increases, temperatures rise, relative humidity increases, and the air gets more humid. This is bad because water vapor is a greenhouse gas that absorbs sunlight (i.e. clouds make the planet heat up). Ice core data in the last century shows record high greenhouse gas levels, and we've destroyed most of the forests and ocean flora that has historically absorbed excess carbon. But yes, if humans went extinct tomorrow and the Sahara desert disappeared overnight then we would probably enter an ice age. But if you include the last century of data then deserts will continue expanding and temperatures will continue rising. I would like it if consumers and governments shifted agriculture from fertilizers & pesticides that take carbon out of the ground, to fertilizers & pesticides that take carbon out of the air.
jshealth

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:52:20 AM

I think pharma will be the greatest industry as many youths across the world are getting addicted. Also, the breaking family system and increasing work pressure will make people more depressed and frustrated which again pushes up the pharma sector.
KirunBarber

Activity: 567
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:08:29 AM

currently global warming is really happening. I am very concerned about the current position. where the natural forest is not preserved, it is used as commercial material. This heart is frantic, but people who sit in the government don't know ...
 I hope that in your country it's not like this. Angry

▄▄▄        2LOCAL       |   Sustainability and Prosperity   ▄▄▄
||███      (((  SERNVI SES  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN OUR "Initial Exchange Offering"(IEO)   ███ ▌       ███||
|   WEB SITE  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram   |
Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:45:52 AM

We are on the brink of a bacterial apocalypse. Overuse of antibiotics in farming and healthcare have cause many bacteria to evolve resistance to them. We are starting to see strains of bacteria that are resistant to all known antibiotics. This will only become more commonplace as our practices continue. Bioengineering viruses to attack these bacteria is our next line of defence against a potential pandemic superbug that could kill billions of people.

Additionally, technology like CRISPR is allowing us to start altering our own DNA. This technology potentially holds the cure for any genetic disease, including type 1 diabetes, Alzheimer's disease, and some types of cancer.

This technology also has already had, and continues to have, big impacts on farming and agriculture. We can create crops that produce a better yield with less space, food and water, more resistant to pests or drought, faster growing, etc.

Biotech is the future.
THIS, exactly. Artificial intelligence applications on healthcare. Blockchain technology in healthcare. Robotics in healthcare. Virtual Reality in healthcare. Augmented Reality in healthcare. All of these technologies are focusing a  lot in healthcare. Heck, even Apple Watches are now focusing on our health. Humans for centuries are doing their best to prolong their life. Biotechnology is its solution.
Sealis

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:29:02 PM

Most likely is health cares and issues? Like since technology is currently growing and is rapidly replacing most human jobs, the primary issue now is elongating the life of human beings. It'll more likely attack on exercises, martial arts, etc., through the use of technology like gym equipment and such as well as nutrition agents which are as an example, jelly like food that has a lot of viamins and minerals and others that help the body prolong life
iTradeBit

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:28:11 PM

I suppose that will be medicine, stop aging.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:57:42 PM

I suppose that will be medicine, stop aging.

I think so too. Pharmacy and healthcare is going to be the top one followed by robotics. The future will belong to nanotechnology, cybernetics, surgeries performed by machines and artificial organs wither grown in a lab or man made.
There's one thing we are willing to pay any price for and this is our health and long life. It's more important than nice cars, apartments, clothes and anything else. If you're strong and healthy you can achieve anything.

criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:56:38 PM

When we think about the future, the first thing that comes in to our mind might be technology --- and that could be the trend and may eventually become the most important industry in the future. However, we cannot look at a trending one and an important one as a two similar things. With the urbanization and globalization we are experiencing right know and the rapid growth of development, there are things that were compromised just like the agriculture. I think that in the near future, people will realize how important it is. And as technology also expands, the emerging industry of biotechnology and bioengineering will come to us. Since on the near future, we are looking for an industry that can provide us our physical needs by means of food and other resources that I think might lack in the future.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2453

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2021, 01:33:51 PM

Bumping old threads on social media. As educational standards decline, creativity becomes rarer, and people have to rely on the efforts of the more mature. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
November 26, 2021, 04:48:10 PM

What do you think?

Climate change will force the focus onto certain industries. Renewable energy is obviously one, and I do agree with your point about agriculture, but mainly in the form of genetic engineering of crops as we try to feed a large population in ever-worsening conditions. I do think there will be wars over water sources... there is already trouble around the Nile.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
November 26, 2021, 05:27:59 PM

desalination of sea water
carbon absorption
pink/blue LED greenhouse horticulture/hydroponics
microplastic salvaging
mineral/chemical/biological analysis using AI+photospectroscopy

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 03, 2021, 08:45:05 PM

The importance of agriculture presently and in the future cannot be overemphasized. Agriculture is not necessarily only in Africa, it is needed in every part of the world in order to have a balanced ecosystem.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
DrWho42

Activity: 263
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2021, 10:17:55 PM

AI and information/energy storage

locus (http://locusmag.com)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print