Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:22:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the Quality Post Really Get Merit?  (Read 409 times)
alexdoni (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 05:33:46 PM

The implementation of the merit system requires each member to be able to make quality posts in order to benefit, and the question is whether post quality really will get the right points? or is it just a chancy? and how is a post considered quality? explanation please ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:06:10 PM

...and how is a post considered quality?
If people can learn something new from a post it is worth sending merits.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:08:48 PM

It depends on each member because each member has personal rights to give merit to you or not, it also depends on how useful the content/topic you make.

But there is no need to worry that the moderator will definitely give merit if the topic you make is really very helpful. so it all depends on the topic you make.
Goodnuel
Copper Member

Activity: 381

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 06:49:50 PM

...and how is a post considered quality?
If people can learn something new from a post it is worth sending merits.
Yes, You are right. If a post is quality, it should get a merit or more.. I have red numerous quality posts here which has opened my eyes to things i didn't know before now, they deserved some merits.

imusify.com  ❰  Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform  ❱  Presale starts Mar 1
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:54:16 PM

if the poster is just
plagiarising someone else, no
just repeating something thats been common knowledge for years, no
just saying something they have an opinion on, no

but if its something notable. like something that makes people feel like they just been hit by a wisdom stick.. then yea it can be worth a merit.

but then.. its like youtube. number of views does not always equal number of likes/ subs/ shares.
and you will find begging for merits actually counter acts getting them. so dont expect a merit per view even with a well wrote wisdom giving post

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bloodseekers

Activity: 763
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:57:20 PM

The implementation of the merit system requires each member to be able to make quality posts in order to benefit, and the question is whether post quality really will get the right points? or is it just a chancy? and how is a post considered quality? explanation please ...
My opinion, sometimes there are so many quality post but no one give his merit, people try to make quality post, great thread but still dont received merit. I think merit is more to chancy than quality. But i support this system, because people will try to make quality post, so dont give up and someday you will receive it
nahotachikwem

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:07:36 PM

By citing different people groups answer, having no or little knowledge about the topic, merit can't come aside from it is a direct data, with  incredible quality.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:50:45 PM

Making quality post that will help resolve any issue in the forum was suppose to attract merit from any member or merit source. But I do not think that this procedures are being followed perfectly. Though this quality post is relative because what you may term a quality post may not be same to me. Hence the post will not attract any merit from me. This has made the administration of merits more complex and difficult.
shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:25:26 PM

It depends on the topic you are writing about, merit givers don't read every post on the forum, just the ones that attract their attention. If it's different from the other posts, and offers something really useful, then you might get lucky and pick up a merit or two

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
ndico

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:38:19 PM

It should not just be about posting quality post, even if you can't post quality post in the forum, you can help in policing the forum, finding cheaters, scammers, multi account abusers etc and report them to mod, most times, not all the time, you might be merited for the effort, but the best way to get merit is forget about the merit and enjoy your stay here in the forum, read more than you post in the forum.

Cacheof

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 10:57:12 PM

Now look at it from this angle,its not possible to be born today and start walking the same day,that was what was going on in this forum prior to this new merits system
 I don't think 1 merit is too much to get,it may take time,but when you've made 5 to 6 helpful posts it'll definitely come..
  It's not really about starting new threads that have been discussed over and over again,you can earn merits with insightful replies to already existing threads.
  And please try clearing spam posts,hardly will anyone give you merits when your history is filled with bounty shit.
  Good luck..
oriontab

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 11:19:44 PM

A word of advise, just worry less about merits, do your post in somewhat unique fashion, expect nothing so as not to get bitter when you do not get the merits, trust me, it is not your best posts most times that earn you merits, more of your habits and consistency, don't just post for posting sake, let your post reflect something unique and you might just strike a cord that gets you the merits.
ojanamon

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:12:03 AM

I'm in support with the new rules regarding the merit system.  The merit system definitely serve  the main purpose of this forum and that is to educate and not just be only for earning. It's obvious that so many users have been abusing this forum, which is why I think the merit system will allow recognition to those who are truly deserving and informative in this platform. There are certain people that will go against the merit law but let's all remember that this is new and its trial would lead to a success if we learn to cope, adapt, and not abuse its features. I believe that this will make people start to learn their lessons and not just post for earning alone,
but for educational purposes also which will help them and the forum,  including any one visiting this great forum
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 07:12:13 AM

I believe that all my posts are of high quality - even the deleted ones- so why haven't I got over 5,000 merits?

Quality is a subjective rating, and most of us have distorted perceptions of our value to the community. One of the advantages of the merit system is that it introduces some reality into our perceptions of self-worth. Instead of complaining about the merit system, use it as a barometer to fine tune your opinions and communication skills.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:06:32 AM

I think quality is really important. Even you have thousands of words but we didn't learn anything from it you'll not get any merit. Sometimes ppl gives merit to a post where they agreed with. Like this one. xtraelv received 50 merits from this one.
While I disagree with some of the opinions on here and find the whole accusation stupid.  In my opinion I have done nothing wrong and neither has Lafu.

However I have spoken to Lafu and agreed that we should not use merits on each others posts to avoid suspicion.

This message was the one that made me smile and realise I have spent far to much time on this nonsense.

bungutko

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:15:20 AM

Though, I don't really have the full authority to speak as I am still a newbie but all I can say is you need to have a quality post where you could share constructive post that the reader may be able to understand and learn something from your comments. As a participant of this forum, you may need to express your own thoughts base on your interpretation and not just copy paste from the other contributors.
Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1499

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 08:40:48 AM

In what forum have you been since January, dude? Not on this one, obviously. Or you haven’t understood anything, because you were hunting too many bounties.

riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 01:04:22 PM

A new topic which is actually untouched by any person and it must helpful for bitcoin forum will definitely get the merit.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 01:07:15 PM

and how is a post considered quality? explanation please ...

Quality post is opposite of spam post. I can explain about spam post. Just visit your post history, it's full by spam post. Now think how you can make quality post.
Merit is for quality and useful post. It doesn't mean all if your post will merited. If you made post in mega thread and your post is quality there is very low chance to get merit. Also you should post on appropriate board and post. Important thing is what you are contributing for this forum. There is any useful tips or topic for forum and forum members ? Useful and constructive post are consider quality post.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
devil before evil

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:34:03 PM

A merit can be compared to "like" of face book, twitter and other social medias. But the merit points reserved for us are limited. We can give merit to the person who has a great contribution to the forum such as producing quality post and comment. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: