Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:05:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL  (Read 825 times)
Cacheof (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:01:54 PM

It's very popular to see people selling off their Altcoins with such reckless abandon you begin to wonder if the word hodl ever comes to their mind,come to think of it,how much was bitcoin 8 years back,compare it to the price today,the gulf in price is astronomical..
  Most bounty hunters sell as soon as it hits their wallet,i think the hodl approach should be adopted even the more,you never know what the price of the Altcoin you're calling shit might be in few years time..
  This to me is a perfect trading strategy,hodl your alts and don't be in a haste to sell off

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 07:58:48 PM

You are right but if you are talking specifically about coins you receive from bounty campaigns then there are a few factors that decide whether you want to sell or hodl, for me first is how confident are you about the success of the project, secondly it also depends on your personal needs if you need money at that time or not, personally i do hold coins i receive from bounty for months if i like the project.

Verbiola_Paramita

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:57:57 AM

HOLD in cryptocurrency, yes this has become very popular in the world of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Every time someone says in a conversation that he is holding or suggesting hold, that means that they believe their coin will benefit one day, if not today.
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:13:36 AM

The thoughts and needs of every human being are different, it could be that people who sell fast are now pressured to need money or fear that prices will go down. holding it for people who have a lot of money can be done, so don't blame their decisions, about the advantages and disadvantages of all decisions in their hands

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
tttuida

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:14:31 PM

This is the best deal in the crypto I suppose. It minimizes losses, saves money and it could be done in the eeach part of the crypto's cycle of the increasing.
vseslav90

Activity: 280

"WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN"

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:22:07 PM

I am not a supporter of this deal. Holding brings a possible going down in coin's price so the income could be less so trading is the most suitable here.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
https://wppenergy.io
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 12:25:36 PM

In cryptosphere nothing is more rewarding than HODL!, in absence of this looses are incurred. I love holding in a long term and this has yielded me more huge gain that i expected, during the last bull run on December, 2017, i made it on a big scale than ever just for the spirit of holding. Altcoins are meant to be hold for a long term; if and only if, gain is to be prioritize on this cryptosphere.
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:31:03 PM

The thoughts and needs of every human being are different, it could be that people who sell fast are now pressured to need money or fear that prices will go down. holding it for people who have a lot of money can be done, so don't blame their decisions, about the advantages and disadvantages of all decisions in their hands

You are right mate, no one want to sell their saved coins without a reason. Similarly need of a person makes him to sell coins, the fact is the dependency. That's want it makes to sell coins else he too can hodl and wait for good return as simple as that.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Dim4ik

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:33:39 PM

It's very popular to see people selling off their Altcoins with such reckless abandon you begin to wonder if the word hodl ever comes to their mind,come to think of it,how much was bitcoin 8 years back,compare it to the price today,the gulf in price is astronomical..
  Most bounty hunters sell as soon as it hits their wallet,i think the hodl approach should be adopted even the more,you never know what the price of the Altcoin you're calling shit might be in few years time..
  This to me is a perfect trading strategy,hodl your alts and don't be in a haste to sell off

It is foolish to keep coins in such a market when it falls without a rollback. I have a very sad experience when I could sell coins for a few thousand dollars and now it costs less than $ 100. Who do you think is an idiot? The one who sold or the one who still holds?
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:57:40 PM

Oh well, typical advice on the forum. Bitcoin has become some short of a religion, and the best thing is that it seems to be working as such. That is very interesting sociologicallt.

tool_462

Activity: 924
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:00:43 PM

It is foolish to keep coins in such a market when it falls without a rollback. I have a very sad experience when I could sell coins for a few thousand dollars and now it costs less than $ 100. Who do you think is an idiot? The one who sold or the one who still holds?

Of course, the one who sold 10 times less and fixed the loss...he needs to be able to wait

jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:11:13 PM

for some reason , many people believe that bounty hunters don't keep the earned tokens on the wallet, but immediately sell them. Perhaps some do, but such people are a minority. I don't participate in bounty programs of projects, whose tokens I consider to be a doubtful investment. Because in bounty, it is also a contribution, not only money , but your time, which is also considered money equivalent. Therefore, 90% of the tokens that I received in the bounty, I'm going to hold for a long time.

rodalutor

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:17:06 PM

You don't know people's personal circumstances to begin with. Many bounty hunters need the money to support themselves and would rather have $50 now than $100 a month from now. Also the large majority of alt coins fall in price from their ICO because their objectives and roadmaps are never delivered upon and investors lose confidence.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:17:25 PM

then you don't know what trading or strategy means!
hodl is not a trading strategy. it is an investment. and you only invest in stomething that is growing not something that is falling and sinking. in other words you want your investment to grow, but when you invest in an altcoin and hold it you see it melt away as you have been in the past year.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:21:45 PM

Sell is for the weak hands. Lol. If you believe in the technology of Blockchain, you will surely hodl your quality coins. You will surely benefit and profut from it in the future once the world starts to adapt it. Don't sell just because of FUD or market volatility.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:23:06 PM

Market conditions that continue to decline will make the bounty hunter choose a shortcut when getting a token or coin the result of the bounty campaign. Most of them will certainly know about hodl but because of the circumstances they will be forced to sell every token that they got. The concept of hold is indeed chosen by someone who believes in the future of a project token or coin, for those who decide to sell are those who only follow a market trend. I think, there are still many bounty hunters out there who still store tokens or coins and are not affected by market conditions.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:24:06 PM

HODLing a coin you made on a bounty is a good idea if the people are doing a good job of running the project and you believe in what they are trying to accomplish. But if they are not making progress and seem content just to pay themselves salaries without hitting any of the targets in their business plan then in that case HODLing a coin that is obviosly heading to zero would be very stupid. People need to move beyond stupid group think if cryptocurrency wants to be taken seriously.

charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:30:33 PM

Sometimes holding is not a good thing if you see your portfolio being suck down like no end. It is still better to cut your losses once it is still small and try to rebuy if you see that dip.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:36:03 PM

It still depends on the project, there are coins worth hodling and some dump as early as you got your hands on it, I don't think bounty hunters dumping has an impact on the price of the coin, because they have a very small allocation compare to investors, and not bounty hunters sell their coin immediately.
satgoldan

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:37:08 PM

LMAO ROFL. When will you stop creating topics about obvious things and do useful things (Or at least just take a bounty)? Nobody needs these topics, no one will give you merit for it.
"Entities are not to be multiplied without necessity", -  John Punch

─────────────── IMO Ecosystem ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
[ TELEGRAM ] J O I N U S [ TWITTER ]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: