Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:48:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Check your Electric Bill  (Read 1104 times)
fjzappA

Activity: 19
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:31:02 PM

um tarrifs don’t afect amd and nvidia bro,

Tariffs affect everything made in China.  Yes, AMD and NVidia are US companies.  The cards built with their products are built in China.  The GPU chips are mad in Taiwan or China.  The rest of the components are made in China.  If you're in USA, tariff applies to you.  And me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imine2

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:56:39 PM

us buys 500 billion worh of goods a year from china , that excludes manufacturing stuff like tvs, iphones, gpus vr gear etc.

China only buys like $120 billion from us , so in the long run tarrifs hurt them more.  They will have to come to the table by mid 2019.

Thats when Ill buy my solar array

How much more will you pay in electricity between now and mid 2019 ? ? ?

God has told us that China will be put in place and the tarrifs is probably the way it will happen!
We all pay the price for it right now but it's all part of His divane plan !!!
(Just check Greg Hunter with guest Mark Taylor on Youtube 23 sept 2018)

How about cloudsourcing(crowdsourcing with asian pronaunceAsian Wink ) with other guys in the forum or other forums to buy in bulk.

Pushing prices down or/and perhaps it's possible to buy via some middleman with some other customs-/tax code like for test samples or something like that ? ? ?

I don't no, just brainstorming !!!

Good luck with your off grid projects!
NiklasFalk

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:01:35 PM

China only buys like $120 billion from us , so in the long run tarrifs hurt them more.  They will have to come to the table by mid 2019.
First the tariffs hurts US consumers who have no domestically produced alternatives to choose from.
The reduced consumption will hurt US retailers before they hurt Chinese producers.

I's a comical misconception that China will pay the tariffs to the US government Cheesy
See it as a 25% sales tax instead...

Grey importing Chinese goods trough Taiwan, or even Europe?
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:37:51 PM

First the tariffs hurts US consumers who have no domestically produced alternatives to choose from.
The reduced consumption will hurt US retailers before they hurt Chinese producers.

I's a comical misconception that China will pay the tariffs to the US government Cheesy

Well if it hurts producers then thats good , a single suply chsin partner is bad buisness in the long run, india and southern africa has some skilled labor , how about they diversify thier supply chains so thst china doesn’t carry such a big stick when it comes to manufacturing.  Yeah it could take 10 years but well worth it in the long run.

personally if producers of stuff like gpus and solar panels try to pass up thier tarrif costs to me ill just buy from locally made brands or buy used gear with no tarrif footprint.

Im not a fan of trump but im even lesss a fan of the chinese dominace of the tech sector from a production stantpoint.

case in point 90 percent of asics are made there
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:51:43 PM

I work for myself and what I do is a physically demanding job and what I see is the problems is Americans are lazy now people don't even want to get off their ass to grocery shop now plus everyone wants to make $100 a hr and sit on theirs ass to do it with the best benefits and 200 days paid off shit is out of control we don't produce anymore cause no one wants to work thats the problem its not China or Vietnam, I can't even find a 18 yr old kid that want's to do anything besides plant their face into a cell phone or ps4
ZoomhashLLC

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 01:07:30 AM

Host with us if you want to utilize cheap power rates.
Marvell2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:35:31 AM

I work for myself and what I do is a physically demanding job and what I see is the problems is Americans are lazy now people don't even want to get off their ass to grocery shop now plus everyone wants to make $100 a hr and sit on theirs ass to do it with the best benefits and 200 days paid off shit is out of control we don't produce anymore cause no one wants to work thats the problem its not China or Vietnam, I can't even find a 18 yr old kid that want's to do anything besides plant their face into a cell phone or ps4
americans actually work more than other first world countries , more hours etc
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:20:15 AM

He's just old, tired, and out of shape, thinking that this is America in the hardcore industrial revolution days again.  I'm 34 years old.  When I was a teenager, I had plenty of physically demanding jobs that I was paid shit for, but I was also planting my face in the screen of a commodore 64 at age 12.  At age 14/15/16/17 it was the screen of a WIN95, WIN98, LINUX computer.  Or planting my face inside of one looking at the hardware.  By the age of 18, I didn't need a physically demanding job.  There were plenty of information technology jobs that paid well enough.  Some of those jobs were hauling around pc's and crt monitors and setting them up for client's (which was a bit physical), and that was crappy, but it was a start.  Between formal continuing education and self taught education as a teenager, I have been very successful in the information technology industry (planting my face into a screen) over the past 14 years.  There is a huge difference between planting yourself into the screen of angry birds and planting yourself into a screen that contains the knowledge that will help you build a better future.  You don't have to move thousands of pounds of rocks around to be successful.

Everyone shops for grocery's unless they don't eat or only eat out.  Most people don't make 100$/hour or even close to it.  And no one gets 200/365 vacation days per year.  I feel lucky to have 4 weeks of paid time off per year.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:37:29 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2018, 09:54:30 AM by Piskeante

noone should be mining right now. You are almost all mining at a loss with no granted profit.

Show me a retard who constantly makes extreme generalized statements, and I'll show you a piskeante.

Grin Grin Grin

extremely generalized??? you are sooooo dumb and retarded. Continue mining at loss, and get REKT. The best thing about it, is that only you consider mining as profitable right now. So you are actually extremelly stupid.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Marvell2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:31:33 PM

He's just old, tired, and out of shape, thinking that this is America in the hardcore industrial revolution days again.  I'm 34 years old.  When I was a teenager, I had plenty of physically demanding jobs that I was paid shit for, but I was also planting my face in the screen of a commodore 64 at age 12.  At age 14/15/16/17 it was the screen of a WIN95, WIN98, LINUX computer.  Or planting my face inside of one looking at the hardware.  By the age of 18, I didn't need a physically demanding job.  There were plenty of information technology jobs that paid well enough.  Some of those jobs were hauling around pc's and crt monitors and setting them up for client's (which was a bit physical), and that was crappy, but it was a start.  Between formal continuing education and self taught education as a teenager, I have been very successful in the information technology industry (planting my face into a screen) over the past 14 years.  There is a huge difference between planting yourself into the screen of angry birds and planting yourself into a screen that contains the knowledge that will help you build a better future.  You don't have to move thousands of pounds of rocks around to be successful.

Everyone shops for grocery's unless they don't eat or only eat out.  Most people don't make 100$/hour or even close to it.  And no one gets 200/365 vacation days per year.  I feel lucky to have 4 weeks of paid time off per year.

Exactly , if you are doing a physically demanding back breaking job that is because you CHOSE that path.  Most of us don't need to do work like that because this is America not some 3rd world country there are wide range of jobs, be it construction, architecture , and tech sector jobs for all comers.

I agree , there is a huge shortage of workers for IT jobs like web design, mobile app design and even SKILLED manufacturing techs who can handle robot operating systems and make sure , Americans are not Lazy , we just work smarter and are general such a well educated work force  becase the country is tech driven so you have to be adaptable.

Check the stats , Americans get two weeks of vacation on average vs a month in other developed countries, way less time off so we actually are a more productive work force overall and we get paid shit for all that extra productivity unless you are management/CEO level.

Thats why we are into crypto since it is an alternative to the top heaving work system we have now.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:00:06 AM

Exactly , if you are doing a physically demanding back breaking job that is because you CHOSE that path.  Most of us don't need to do work like that because this is America not some 3rd world country there are wide range of jobs, be it construction, architecture , and tech sector jobs for all comers.

I agree , there is a huge shortage of workers for IT jobs like web design, mobile app design and even SKILLED manufacturing techs who can handle robot operating systems and make sure , Americans are not Lazy , we just work smarter and are general such a well educated work force  becase the country is tech driven so you have to be adaptable.

Check the stats , Americans get two weeks of vacation on average vs a month in other developed countries, way less time off so we actually are a more productive work force overall and we get paid shit for all that extra productivity unless you are management/CEO level.

Thats why we are into crypto since it is an alternative to the top heaving work system we have now.

Web design is pussy shit.  Learn how to secure a fucking network.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:18:38 AM

Cheesy Cheesy

As for tariffs hurting China more than us? Tell that to Ford. The tariffs have cost them around a billion dollars and they're about to issue massive layoffs to US employees (general reply to the overall conversation, not directed at gotminer specifically).
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:21:09 PM

Long time miners have always know about summer vs winter rates, its typical

your sumner rates are actually not bad.  I pay .08 in winter and .13 to .15 in summer
I twns to shut down in the summer.  

Next summer i go solar so i can keep mining

I have 6kW worth of solar panels on the roof. On nice warm summer days I can mine basically for free for some hours a day. The perfect combo is having double the solar of what you need to mine with and find a good way to store the excess energy to use it during the night. Batteries are the most common solution for this. However I saw a very interesting documentary on storing excess energy with inertia. Very cool stuff.

In any case I have yet to just arrange something with my home automation so that my miners start/stop depending on the watts I produce. Just haven't had time to get to it.
hashestohashes

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:40:13 PM

noone should be mining right now. You are almost all mining at a loss with no granted profit.

Wrong. You can't generalize if someone should mine or not as you don't know how much he's paying for electricity + the hardware.
For most people you're right but there are still enough people mining at profit and not at a loss.
Pretty much sums it up, you can go pretty deep but at the end there is at least SOME speculation (but on the most basic levels most of us use, this is perfect).
Marvell2

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:37:37 PM

Cheesy Cheesy

As for tariffs hurting China more than us? Tell that to Ford. The tariffs have cost them around a billion dollars and they're about to issue massive layoffs to US employees (general reply to the overall conversation, not directed at gotminer specifically).
pussy shit? lol are u drunk ? network admin is the easiest job to outsource in all It , and you are always one socially engineered data breach away from a pink slip every month lol , I give u three years 😂 if that.

ford layoffs is because the make bad cars duh, even if its due to china , they buy more than us dummy, the only reason they can ACT like it doesn’t hurt them is those commies subsidize all thier industry, basically everything is
protected by the state , you can only do that for so long loosing hundreds of billions a year
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:21:55 PM

your sumner rates are actually not bad.  I pay .08 in winter and .13 to .15 in summer

I have 6kW worth of solar panels on the roof. On nice warm summer days I can mine basically for free for some hours a day. The perfect combo is having double the solar of what you need to mine with and find a good way to store the excess energy to use it during the night. Batteries are the most common solution for this. However I saw a very interesting documentary on storing excess energy with inertia. Very cool stuff.

In any case I have yet to just arrange something with my home automation so that my miners start/stop depending on the watts I produce. Just haven't had time to get to it.

Of course solar panels is great solution if you reside in own house. But what to do in city flats? Unfortunatelly mining profitability now is closer and closer to the electricity cost. Though in winter mining rig can produce some useful heat  Cheesy

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
Marvell2

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 09:53:06 PM

Of course solar panels is great solution if you reside in own house. But what to do in city flats? Unfortunatelly mining profitability now is closer and closer to the electricity cost. Though in winter mining rig can produce some useful heat  Cheesy
Mining in flats is more of a hobby, most apartments don’t even charge for heat so you are wasting a resource there.  I guess one benefit is drying your cloths with the heat, and saving on your electric there?

home owned mining you can have a decent sized farm and and get alot of benifit from solar since residential rates are high most places.  Also u can have a heat pump water heater tap off some of that heat and save power and also dry your clothes
uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:07:10 AM

Mining in flats is more of a hobby, most apartments don’t even charge for heat so you are wasting a resource there.  I guess one benefit is drying your cloths with the heat, and saving on your electric there?

home owned mining you can have a decent sized farm and and get alot of benifit from solar since residential rates are high most places.  Also u can have a heat pump water heater tap off some of that heat and save power and also dry your clothes

You are talking about right things. But in fact it's very difficult to realize. Also payback of these technical solutions is too long espessially at current price levels of crypto.
Much more simpler to rent a rack in data center and don't worry about cooling, noise and safety

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
Marvell2

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:55:08 AM

You are talking about right things. But in fact it's very difficult to realize. Also payback of these technical solutions is too long espessially at current price levels of crypto.
Much more simpler to rent a rack in data center and don't worry about cooling, noise and safety

Yes if you can get a data center rack for a good price, That solution usually isgood for asics since they have low matinance, gpu rigs need too much babysitting imo.

I agree right now its a bad idea to do anything but crypto will go back up and at that time u might regret not investing in the future
hrunya102

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:37:37 AM

I just got my electric bill yesterday, and it was more than I was expecting.
Granted I know running the Rigs, + Home AC never turning off due to the Rigs, was going to up my usage.
When I divided out my bill by KWHs it came out to about 9 cents / KWH.
Originally when I did the math earlier in the year it was only 7 cents / KWH.
I went to my local electric company's website and found they have semi annual billing rates.
They have a summer rate which is 8.5 Cents / KWH + taxes and fees,  Then they have a winter rate which is 5.8 cents / KWH.
Luckily winter rates start Oct 1st for me.
Great knowing things are about to get more profitable.
Just a reminder to check your bills and make sure your rates aren't changing, as this kind of caught me off guard.

Even 5.8 cents  very high price for 1KWH, especially now when the profit fell, be strong friends.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: