Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:09:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You think we're deviating from bitcoin's philosophy?  (Read 932 times)
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:11:54 AM

I do not think so. But, we have to remind those who have gone out of the real bitcoin path so that they only use bitcoin or other cryptos as an instant enrichment tool. It is far from the main goal of bitcoin with a decentralized system that is changing the state of bank transactions to be easier and more efficient without having to relate to any party.
Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:19:00 AM

Unfortunately accurate. Most people complain about merchants hindering the mass adoption of bitcoin by not making bitcoin payment readilly available or using processors where they are, but there no massive demand for bitcoin payment in the places it is available.
People now invest for profit and not the product.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 718

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 07:48:22 AM

You are right but you know most of the people are just here for the sake money. Very few are actually here because they believe in the technology.
Satoshi's view for bitcoin was that it becomes a globally accepted currency eliminating any middle man in between their transactions. But people are using it as an asset and hence it is a decentralized currency the volatility increases it's price, profiting the investors. A large part of the community is here just to trade and gain more money. There is pretty much nothing we could do about it because of the negative publicity of bitcoin.
Let's see how it goes forward. I am really excited to see how a world changing currency ends up survives  Smiley.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1266

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 08:48:06 AM

Unfortunately accurate. Most people complain about merchants hindering the mass adoption of bitcoin by not making bitcoin payment readilly available or using processors where they are, but there no massive demand for bitcoin payment in the places it is available.
Merchants dont have a direct role in the adoption of bitcoin. They can make it popular such that people learn about it and that they are inquisitive about this new system of payment. This can help in the adoption but a mass marketing of bitcoin is far from there. Those who actually know of bitcoin from merchants would want to know the legal things about it and the exchange possibility. Hence there they will face a blockade since bitcoin has been banned in a few countries and there is FUD all over the internet.

They need a continuous exposure and hammering to get the importance of bitcoin imbibed in them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Natsuu

Activity: 1148
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 08:59:17 AM

I think we're not, but perhaps the common values of what a bitcoin enthusiast must possess is somewhat inching away from its original state. But overall, bitcoin's philosophy still lives, as it's still decentralized, trust-less and an efficient form of currency and it still allows the un-banked to have a say on the growing problems on the economy. The speculative purpose of bitcoin will never be taken away, given that there is still money to be made and there are still players who are only focused on such.

Well I guess decentralization is the only thing we have from bitcoin's initial form.
While I don't see nothing bad from using it as an asset and less than a currency. Little do we know Satoshi is happy that his bitcoin turn to something more useful. Bitcoin turned out to be versatile.

oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 09:00:06 AM

I am thinking in the same direction with this post. We are really moving away from the initial fundamental of Bitcoin. You can even read  people even suggesting that bitcoin should be centralized if that will make the government less their attack on bitcoin. I came to ask myself if bitcoin loss decentralization then it is gone because that(centralization) is its main stay. From the white paper bitcoin is never meant for investment rather it was for P2P transactions without the interference of a third party but now we are hoarding waiting for price rise to make so much gain. Hope we retrace our steps back not to kill the concept of bitcoin.
xbossJ

Activity: 278
Merit: 5

Invest and play

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 09:20:12 AM

Every project that came after $Bitcoin, has only sort to deviate from the $Bitcoin ideology. It is good that $Bitcoin ushered in Blockchain technology; it was meant to be a tool to keep transactions online discreet and convenient, it was meant to cushion the effects of ailing and failing financial systems, it was meant to introduce privacy to the lives of those who meant well without criminalizing it, it was meant to be an economic tool that guarantees equality and transparency, it was meant to introduce a distributed system of equal rights, these days most coin creators are monopolizing the idea behind blockchain, some have introduced greed into the equation, others create coins without taking into cognizance the "Anti inflationary" mechanism, others have used the good of the technology to bring in scams. Overall the ideology behind $Bitcoin is being rubbished by those employing blockchain as a technology.

Faireum.io   Pre-Sale: 25 March 2019  
────  Invest / Play ...Or why not both?
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1285

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 02:48:51 PM

Haven’t people thought that we are deviating a little from what bitcoin intended to be? just need to see the first pages of the forum to realize that the discussions focused more on “which crypto will generate more money in X amount of time” or “it is good to invest Y amount of money in Z currency”. Of course, I do not think this is bad, because, in the end, investors and adoption for different reasons benefit bitcoin, but I think we are moving a bit away in the goal that Satoshi had when he put his words in the bitcoin whitepaper, and how do not do it? if is so easy to get lost in the FUD, FOMO, and a cloud of thoughts, at least once a week I have to read the bitcoin whitepaper to try to not lose the way.

Maybe I’m just exaggerating but I’ll love to hear your opinions.

Its actually a good plan to re-read the whitepaper to refresh ourselves.
While spending time on the forum and reading so many threads it is
easy to get sidetracked.

We a know bitcoin has branched into both a payment system and a
Form of speculation/investment but its the talk here which can cloud
our ideas and thoughts.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 06:05:05 AM

I am thinking in the same direction with this post. We are really moving away from the initial fundamental of Bitcoin. You can even read  people even suggesting that bitcoin should be centralized if that will make the government less their attack on bitcoin.
Where exactly did you hear this? Or are just making up bullshit propaganda from hearsay rumors of weedloves who dream of zombie apocalypses in their vivid hallucinogenic dream? Cite a source for this or GTFO. Roll Eyes

I came to ask myself if bitcoin loss decentralization then it is gone because that(centralization) is its main stay.
Centralized coins are subject to control by centralized agencies. A good example would be Ripple and how its manipulated in price.

From the white paper bitcoin is never meant for investment rather it was for P2P transactions without the interference of a third party but now we are hoarding waiting for price rise to make so much gain.
Since it is an asset there is no problem to use it as an investment. People see the future in bitcoin and hence bullish on it. Whats the big deal about that having to do with ideology?

Hope we retrace our steps back not to kill the concept of bitcoin.
Stop reading too much of r/bitcoin Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 10:26:36 AM

Haven’t people thought that we are deviating a little from what bitcoin intended to be? just need to see the first pages of the forum to realize that the discussions focused more on “which crypto will generate more money in X amount of time” or “it is good to invest Y amount of money in Z currency”. Of course, I do not think this is bad, because, in the end, investors and adoption for different reasons benefit bitcoin, but I think we are moving a bit away in the goal that Satoshi had when he put his words in the bitcoin whitepaper, and how do not do it? if is so easy to get lost in the FUD, FOMO, and a cloud of thoughts, at least once a week I have to read the bitcoin whitepaper to try to not lose the way.

I don't think so we are deviating any philosophy of satoshi nakamoto.I have also read bitcoin whitepaper offcourse not as many times as you Wink but yes you concern is right but my thinking is we can't evolve or make more and more people adopt bitcoin without generating more and more profits.Soo people asking this is because they cant ask anything regarding what is there in bitcoin whitepaper.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:53:37 PM

Unfortunately, we are giving first preference to speculation activities instead of focusing on the core elements of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Bitcoin has the ability to optimise the financial infrastructure that can yield high returns as compared to that of speculation and we work in order to improve the utility value of it. I am not against speculation but that should not be the first priority if we really care about this innovation.
Desscount

Activity: 1386

ComboLabs

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:59:36 PM

yes, you are exaggerating, because you joined a bounty campaign ...
I think we will always go with the flow because technology is getting more sophisticated today. and talking for bitcoin, there are lots of shitcoin that want to resemble bitcoin with all its innovations but until now none of them have been truly reliable.

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:29:06 PM

Perhaps it's just a phase, new inventions often go through they hype phase when people think how to use them how to get rich. Internet had dotcom bubble, cryptocurrencies have alts and ICO bubble. Eventually speculation will decline and people will become more focused on making money with Bitcoin by doing business instead of just speculating.

So, I don't think that what we're seeing now is strictly against the values of Bitcoin, this is just a natural free market process, and Bitcoin's philosophy is based on free market and game theory.
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:53:41 PM

No user on this forum can deny the fact that he/she had earning money at the back of his/her mind before joining in this network,so I do not see anything wrong in using the bitcoin as a means of earning some amount of money,investmen/trading is also one of the most important aspects of this network,without it the system would not grow, and there will be no mass adoption whatsoever

Definitely this forum is doing it's own bit to promote the network,the system is still decentralized with no government regulations whatsoever,i really do not understand the deviation you're talking about
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 02:58:38 PM

Perhaps it's just a phase,

^ this
but i believe that this is not a phase that goes away. it is more like a cyclical phase. and it happens every now and then with every rally and it is most palpable during the ATH bubbles because by that time there is the most number of people in bitcoin that are in it because of the profit they dreamed of.

There is a FOMO brewing...
131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 04:41:11 PM

Technically, yes we are but I think it is more of evolution. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are evolving. Many investors saw its potential so we are just maximizing the possibilities. It is also a good thing because it helps promote Bitcoin and altcoins. The important thing is we know how to properly use it and not to use it on any crimes.
absolutely right, the important thing is that we can use it wisely and don't need to follow the bad steps that others do. We cannot change what others do but we can change ourselves, do it according to what is in the bitcoin whitepaper, what is its vision and mission, no need to follow the wrong steps of others
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2018, 06:37:59 AM

yes, you are exaggerating, because you joined a bounty campaign ...
The more money that goes into the altcoins (in this case time) the more stubborn shills will become about supporting it. Because their money depends on it and they wont make any returns if others done enter into it. Simple logic.

I think we will always go with the flow because technology is getting more sophisticated today. and talking for bitcoin, there are lots of shitcoin that want to resemble bitcoin with all its innovations but until now none of them have been truly reliable.
Shitcoins only show that bitcoin cannot be dethroned as the reigning king of crypto. They will always be second to bitcoin.

Eventually speculation will decline and people will become more focused on making money with Bitcoin by doing business instead of just speculating.
That would take a lot of time. If there are bans and regulation put in everyday people become afraid to use their coins. Not in all countries though. Many are relaxed about their rules and accept crypto payments. A good comparison with the domain name bubble I must say. Smiley

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
coinwizard_

Activity: 336
Merit: 5

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 06:40:31 AM

The result of satoshi's vision is to gain worldwide acceptance of his decentralised currency. However there wont be much interest unless there is huge profits involved. I'd say it is working so far

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
minhlee95

Activity: 527

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:20:23 PM

Bitcoin is now really much more actively used as an investment, but I do not see anything wrong with that. Bitcoin as a currency still continues to evolve and improve, which means we will use it exactly as intended.

tiktak89

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:47:02 PM

Now bitcoin is significantly strengthened through active investment in it. If most people did not want to make a profit from it, it would not have developed to such an extent and would not have become popular, respectively, and over it would not have been.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: