Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:05:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: French Football Club Paris Saint-Germain Creates Own Token For Fans  (Read 109 times)
Petchant (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 01:14:59 PM

The hype around cryptocurrencies has continued to grow considerably despite the bear trend that has been affecting the markets since January 2018. More and more large companies have been adopting cryptocurrencies and creating their own tokens. In many industries, especially in tech, startups have created their own utility and security tokens and have raised capital with ICOs. It is now the turn of sports clubs to enter the crypto space and to launch their own tokens.

https://www.cryptoanalyst.co/2018/09/23/french-football-club-paris-saint-germain-creates-own-token-for-fans/?ref=cta

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:57:13 PM

This token won't mean much. The token holders are going to be able to vote on some meaningless features, like logos, colors, charity matches... Probably the die hard fans will be looking forward to it.

However, they will not run their own blockchain. This token is supposed to run on a relatively unknown platform (socios). Now, the platform's native coin, ChiliZ, is not even there yet, so I don't know what to think of this announcement.

If it ever goes through, this could be a good thing for the popularization of crypto currencies. That's it.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:00:55 PM

The hype around cryptocurrencies has continued to grow considerably despite the bear trend that has been affecting the markets since January 2018. More and more large companies have been adopting cryptocurrencies and creating their own tokens. In many industries, especially in tech, startups have created their own utility and security tokens and have raised capital with ICOs. It is now the turn of sports clubs to enter the crypto space and to launch their own tokens.

https://www.cryptoanalyst.co/2018/09/23/french-football-club-paris-saint-germain-creates-own-token-for-fans/?ref=cta

We have already a token dedicated for football it's XFC or footballcoin, but unfortunately it's not taking off they failed to list their token to major exchanges and this is something strange because they are successfully creating a platform for football lovers and gamers they can easily get into any exchanges.

ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:02:04 PM

Is that a good news? Why you want to use this token? Probably same like Amazon coin - it is not a crypto/coin, it is something like gift voucher, nothing else, no other function Wink.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:04:34 PM

This token won't mean much. The token holders are going to be able to vote on some meaningless features, like logos, colors, charity matches... Probably the die hard fans will be looking forward to it.

Honestly, that is most likely the entire purpose of the coin. If fans own coins, which represents votes on ANY features of the team, I assure you they will be a hit!

People are stupid crazy when it comes to sports. people tail-gating in -10degree weather, rioting when they loose a important game.
Idk, sounds pretty cool to me.
I could see fans pumping the shit out of the coins value even if all it did was decide the jersey color of that weeks game  Roll Eyes

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
Iyanu14

Activity: 795
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:38:06 PM

This news is cheering it is been a while i have been hoping for news like this, it is a good footb club are also seeing the power of blockchain technology.
mmacool

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:17:13 PM

Well, the French club always knew how to surprise. And I think now they have everything to be one of the first who want to make their own token. But I think that if they succeed, then we expect to get the other tokens from the tokens.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:12:19 PM

However, they will not run their own blockchain. This token is supposed to run on a relatively unknown platform (socios). Now, the platform's native coin, ChiliZ, is not even there yet, so I don't know what to think of this announcement.

If it ever goes through, this could be a good thing for the popularization of crypto currencies. That's it.

Yes it seems platform is not ready yet but if you read their whitepaper they are serious at it.  We can only wait and see. Having Paris Saint-Germain using it will give them publicity.
kobita333

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

Official Street Team member

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:15:55 PM

Indeed, it will be good for cryptocurrency market. No matter how they are planning, it will increase the adoption. However, how can I trust it's an official announcement? Is there any authorized link?

Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk
thread
nthere

Activity: 229
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:18:20 PM

This is a good democratic idea which looks like a scam project. I didn't check the club about the project so I don't know yet if it is real or fake.
But this should be organized better in marketing manner. Also token needs to have some functionality for sure.
captaincomet

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:37:04 PM

I dont think that this makes a lot of sense to have a token for a soccer team but it's way better that another scammy fintech ICO, and way more bullish for crypto
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:52:24 PM

I think this is just a small part of all the things that the blockchain technology can bring to the world of sports and shows. Typically, football creates a huge engagement and the community around projects can easily be built. Regarding the utility:
- Tokens can be used for ticketing.
- Tokens can be used for voting.
- Tokens can be used for finance.

A so much more.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:12:53 PM

Small step for a... big step for... (fill in the gaps yourself)
Anyways it is a good news. Any step towards RL solutions help the crypto world
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: