Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:00:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: {Announcement} coming soon limited #83, #222, #259 sets  (Read 290 times)
dolphriends (OP)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:42:26 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2018, 06:32:26 PM by dolphriends
Merited by Flying Hellfish (5)

Hey all

Both Minerjones and myself have collaborated on a limited number of sets that will be coming soon and consisting of the 2018 Allen & Ginter insert cards  #83 cryptocurrency, the #222 solar eclipse and #259 cyclone bomb(crypto solar bomb) all presented in custom wood and glass cases with etched looking mantis and dolphin's on the glass and a brass description plate.  The sets will be the black mini cards which have become quite rare at this point. We may be offering a few higher end sets depending on interest. Photos will be forthcoming.  Pricing has not been set as yet but, there will not be more than 10 of these numbered sets.  

Thanks everyone Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
frankbitcoin

Activity: 1302
Merit: 295

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:29:01 PM

Hey all

Both Minerjones and myself have collaborated on a limited number of sets that will be coming soon and consisting of the 2018 Allen & Ginter insert cards  #83 cryptocurrency, the #222 solar eclipse and #259 cyclone bomb(crypto solar bomb) all presented in custom wood and glass cases with etched looking mantis and dolphin's on the glass and a brass description plate.  The sets will be the black mini cards which have become quite rare at this point. We may be offering a few higher end sets depending on interest.  Photos will be forthcoming.  Pricing has not been set as yet.

Thanks everyone Cool

What a fantastic idea  Shocked
dolphriends (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:38:51 PM

Hey all

Both Minerjones and myself have collaborated on a limited number of sets that will be coming soon and consisting of the 2018 Allen & Ginter insert cards  #83 cryptocurrency, the #222 solar eclipse and #259 cyclone bomb(crypto solar bomb) all presented in custom wood and glass cases with etched looking mantis and dolphin's on the glass and a brass description plate.  The sets will be the black mini cards which have become quite rare at this point. We may be offering a few higher end sets depending on interest.  Photos will be forthcoming.  Pricing has not been set as yet.

Thanks everyone Cool

What a fantastic idea  Shocked

Thanks Frank, MJ and I have been working on it for awhile, hope the members here will enjoy them. 
frankbitcoin

Activity: 1302
Merit: 295

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 06:33:13 PM

Here a 2 preview shots sent to me by dolphriends Cheesy

it's... it's beautiful...  Shocked

PRICE?!  I need a price stat!  Wink
Fattcatt

Activity: 1916
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:07:26 PM
Merited by Flying Hellfish (2)

I kinda think the cards #83 & #84 are the set of their own, you know, because they're neighbors, and both signify CHANGE.

That being said, where is card #84 Huh?

The coral reefs dying at an alraming rate, and turning white, it is definitely a national event of historical importance/impact.  

dolphfriends, I thought you agree'd with me when I sent you the email. At first you said no...but after I sent you an email explaining it, you told me that you were on-board. You came right here into the forum and proclaimed that it was part of the set. Even stated that you were contacting Topps in reference to this, because you felt so strongly about it. (Btw, there was no "argument", I merely stated some facts in the 2 emails that I sent you about this) So, WHY then, would you make wrong/incomplete sets AND amusingly enough, put you names on them? Just my 2 Satoshi's.  Cry   Huh

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1968

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:26:54 PM

TBH, I don't see how exactly these cards really fit together .... Am  I missing something really obvious? Sorry....  Huh

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
dolphriends (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:15:34 PM

TBH, I don't see how exactly these cards really fit together .... Am  I missing something really obvious? Sorry....  Huh

Getting them to fit was tough.  The interior of the box had to be completely changed to get them to fit properly.  Wink Wink Wink
Fattcatt

Activity: 1916
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:55:39 PM

I kinda think the cards #83 & #84 are the set of their own, you know, because they're neighbors, and both signify CHANGE.

The coral reefs dying at an alraming rate, and turning white, it is definitely a national event of historical importance/impact. 

dolphfriends, I thought you agree'd with me when I sent you the email. At first you said no...but after I sent you an email explaining it, you told me that you were on-board. You came right here into the forum and proclaimed that it was part of the set. Even stated that you were contacting Topps in reference to this, because you felt so strongly about it. (Btw, there was no "argument", I merely stated some facts in the 2 emails that I sent you about this) So, WHY then, would you make wrong/incomplete sets AND amusingly enough, put you names on them? Just my 2 Satoshi's. 
dolphriends (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:03:51 AM
Merited by Flying Hellfish (2)

dolphfriends, I thought you agree'd with me when I sent you the email. At first you said no...but after I sent you an email explaining it, you told me that you were on-board. You came right here into the forum and proclaimed that it was part of the set. Even stated that you were contacting Topps in reference to this, because you felt so strongly about it. (Btw, there was no "argument", I merely stated some facts in the 2 emails that I sent you about this) So, WHY then, would you make wrong/incomplete sets AND amusingly enough, put you names on them? Just my 2 Satoshi's. 
[/quote]

Hi Fattcat happy to hear from you,I agree with you.   I am on board that #84 fits into the  grouping.  Since Topps doesn't officially have a subset for these special inserts these are still stand alone cards that I believe are themed well together.  All four)  I like the way the three look together.  I think the #83 & #84 are kind of a set or group of two all on their own because of their # placement   I don't like the size of the box to put 4 cards in, the four cards don't flow well, I have one and don't like it.   I might, if I can find them do some pairings of the #83 & #84.   ( Crypto Undersea).  .  The cost and especially the time is a lot

Where I don't agree is referring to any of these groups as incomplete.or wrong .     
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: