Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:12:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the difference between education & school? Only intelligent minds knows  (Read 188 times)
Applechild (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 03:04:17 PM

I have search but cannot really find the difference between education and schooling that is really satisfying. The best I have got is that school is an institution for learning formally whereas education is to acquire skill and knowledge. Does this implies I can get educated on a desired skill and be called educated? If this be true, it means school system doesn’t give someone all the needed skills and education is better. We have a lot of school graduates roaming about with their resume seeking for employment but if we get educated on what we are passionate about, especially in the area of skills, we can better equip ourselves for life. Please give me some good contribution as to the differences in schooling and education. Abuses and insults is not allowed. I need intelligent comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cobbykels

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:49:09 PM

School is a place you go to acquire knowledge about the fields of the world or to get education and education is what one acquires both formally or informally which the person can use to guide his or her daily life.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 07:15:29 PM

Unfortunately in many nations schools have become little more than national level socialization and conditioning centers. They educate you just enough to have basic functions and knowledge so you can work, but not so much you start thinking for yourself. Independent thought, critical thinking, and logic are often punished in these institutions in favor of obedience. The result is a population of maladapted people ready to be told what to think and love it.
ibrar.noman

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:31:11 AM

I have search but cannot really find the difference between education and schooling that is really satisfying. The best I have got is that school is an institution for learning formally whereas education is to acquire skill and knowledge. Does this implies I can get educated on a desired skill and be called educated? If this be true, it means school system doesn’t give someone all the needed skills and education is better. We have a lot of school graduates roaming about with their resume seeking for employment but if we get educated on what we are passionate about, especially in the area of skills, we can better equip ourselves for life. Please give me some good contribution as to the differences in schooling and education. Abuses and insults is not allowed. I need intelligent comments.

There is thin line between education and schooling. Schooling is an organised process of teaching and learning which takes place in a four wall called school.
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:29:20 PM

School is a place where you could learn how to socialize and interract with other human beings. School also become your second home where there are substitute parents that we all know as teachers. But education is something that you learn to improve your life skill, to prepare you to enter the adulthood once you grow up. And education could come from anywhere, family, friends, strangers, etc.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
KirunBarber

Activity: 567
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:35:44 PM

education in broad discourse is indeed a lot of meaning. more meaningful to the formation of one's personal character, but not far from the nature of that person. can at least make people's character better. that's education in my opinion.
and school is just a container.. Cool

▄▄▄        2LOCAL       |   Sustainability and Prosperity   ▄▄▄
||███      (((  SERNVI SES  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN OUR "Initial Exchange Offering"(IEO)   ███ ▌       ███||
|   WEB SITE  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram   |
SneakyLady

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:14:11 PM

A school is a place, an education is knowledge that you can use.

Schools attempt to equip students with knowledge, but the problem is that the best way to learn is to go out and do.

The most important lessons are learned outside of the classroom. The main thing schools teach is to not question anything and follow directions. Very rarely do they touch on money management, how to take calculated risks, or how to develop emotional intelligence and find fulfilling hobbies, all of which are required for happiness.
Jimbable

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:56:32 PM

Education is concept of knowledge, you will need to grow professionally. School is an established platform to get education. Yes, you can get desired skill and call yourself educated. No, that doesn't mean that school is useless, because in school teachers can't teach every kid their own way. It is what that person should do himself, if he is passionate about something, he should go and get educated in that field. School gives you general knowledge and skill upon which you build your further education. You probably won't find many journalists, that failed language or literature lessons, same as scientists, which failed at exact sciences.
Sealis

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:50:37 PM

Education is knowledge. Its the way of learning knowledge. On the other hand, school is just the platform used to teach knowledge to students. Although to be honest, School is just a cage of learning. Learning the past, learning the same thing over and over and over and over again when students themselves won't remember it.
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:55:52 PM

Education is the process wherein we acquire knowledge in a formal and informal way. Informal way can be thought of as when we were taught by our parents. Formal education is where school comes into places. School is the place for us to acquire knowledge or simply have education. But not only knowledge academically were taught in most schools but also values of life long learning that can be used in future purposes in life.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:38:17 PM

School is a place that children go to learn and educate them, to learn a lot of things especially good manners and right conduct, yes, there are some who already graduated but can't find good opportunity or good job, we also need to know what is our passion and not just get a course that we are not interested with.
Shaftdel

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:01:47 PM

Education is the process of learning while school the place of learning

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
dutechman

Activity: 199
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:55:54 PM
Merited by kanmo (1)

In my own opinion, school is an integral part of education. Education could be formal or informal.  Some levels of education (wisdom, knowledge, some skills) can be acquired without passing through the four walls of classroom.

Indeed, schooling is very good, it helps to harness any form of informal education acquired outside the classroom.

However, there are some anomalies I have noticed in some parts of the world (my country inclusive) where too much attention is being given to certificates gotten from schools irrespective of whether the holder can defend it practically or not.

This is where you see someone that you just look at ordinarily just because he/she didn't have certificate from school carrying out tasks that someone with a high grade certificate from schools cannot even attempt.

Schools can help us improve on our informal education.  In fact, some high ranked universities in my country have attached importance to informal education (e.g. moral standards) before any student can be offered admission.  Because most of moral decadence we are experiencing today in our society originated from schools.

There are a lot of schools that do not encourage inquisitive mind, critical thinking, and creativity.  Rather, students learned to memorize and regurgitate what the teacher/lecturer taught them, once they are able to pour it down on day the of examination, then they forget everything.  I have seen a professor of mechanical engineering that cannot fix a simple problem in his vehicle.  A lot of schools are about facts and figures, rather than understanding and moral formation.

At time, to me, school is just an opportunity and not everybody can have such.

In lieu of this, all what I am advocating or driving at is that, there are a lot of guys outside there with some high levels of informal education who do not have opportunity of formal education (school).  They should be incorporated into the system for an wholesome development of the society or country.  There are some non-governmental organizations in my country advocating for this, and their efforts have started yielding positive results.

Both informal and formal (school) education should be synergized for proper growth and development of the society.

Know this that, school is just some learning in a classroom or online or anywhere, where you might probably awarded a physical certificate to show for it.  But, education takes a LIFETIME and its certificate is not physical most of the time, but rather what you can deliver/give for the betterment of the society at large.

Let's try and balance ourselves and children up in both school and informal education.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:10:30 PM

In this thread, OP describes all school as "K12" because that's all he's ever experienced.

If you actually move onto university, you see that education comes from school.

criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:36:31 PM

The moment you first saw those two words: the education and school may not be treated as independent with each other and tht they are mutually-dependent to each other. However, looking at it contextually and figuratively, which can also be mean reading between the lines, the two may seemed different. I personally believe that an individual can have education without a formal school, but a school cannot be truly be call a school without education. Schooling is just a matter of formality and organization, but education is matter of learning and development. However, it does not necessarily mean that we don't have to go to school. It is only means that schooling is useless without right and proper education.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: