Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:28:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin business opportunity  (Read 6142 times)
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 10:26:04 PM

You also have no understanding of french cuisine.

Oh, and you do? Why is your word better than mine?

I'm half French.

Well, I did say I haven't done any French cuisine yet and it's something I'm planning to learn. It can't be THAT hard. Btw, your nick suggests you may be a furry?
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 10:37:40 PM

I want to know how anyone can stay in character parodying logansryche or Atlas without going insane.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2011, 10:44:05 PM

I want to know how anyone can stay in character parodying logansryche or Atlas without going insane.

I'm not parodying. I do actually know of such a restaurant. I know about it because the bank I am working for is the one planning to foreclose on it. And I do cook and know stuff about robots Tongue
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 10:46:09 PM

. Btw, your nick suggests you may be a furry?

No, my nick suggests I'm a gaming nerd.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 02:52:14 AM

Wait, the D&D Greyhawk game? That sounds worse than furry  Undecided
greyhawk

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 02:56:07 AM

Wait, the D&D Greyhawk game? That sounds worse than furry  Undecided

I CAST MAGIC MISSILE!  Angry
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 03:32:41 AM

Wait, the D&D Greyhawk game? That sounds worse than furry  Undecided

I CAST MAGIC MISSILE!  Angry

Yeah, oldie but goodies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kgx2b1sIRs
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 03:50:48 AM

When you can stay in character for years as a naked cat-man waving his erect penis about, anything is possible.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 03:56:45 AM

When you can stay in character for years as a naked cat-man waving his erect penis about, anything is possible.

Thanks. Every time I get discouraged, you say something that gives me back confidence. I've had two more people give me support with this today btw.
cruikshank

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 04:26:23 AM

I was thinking the same thing. This resteraunt costs $175,000, which is the same amount logan's movie theater is priced at.

Rassah, could you give more information, such as estimated overhead; cost of the robots/kitchen equipment, how other restaurants in the area fair; will it also accept cash/credit or be bitcoin only; what food, water, gas and electricity would cost.

Is there going to be any staff to speak of working at it? The kitchen is going to have to be inspected and cleaned for the sake of health inspections and you can't really rely on customers to fully clean up after themselves and others. So the eating area would need someone to keep it clean throughout the day.

Also any exit plan if it doesn't work out a couple of months after opening?

1JvnFCbMXAyeooPggF9snLAeg3A2QVV8eh
greyhawk

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 10:58:26 AM

Maybe the customers are robots too?  Huh
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 03:21:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing. This resteraunt costs $175,000, which is the same amount logan's movie theater is priced at.

That's a coincidence. This restaurants current outstanding loan balance is actually about $185k, but due to foreclosure issues I think I can get it for less.

Rassah, could you give more information, such as estimated overhead; cost of the robots/kitchen equipment, how other restaurants in the area fair; will it also accept cash/credit or be bitcoin only; what food, water, gas and electricity would cost.

Electricity costs $0.13/kWh there and gas and water are pretty cheap too. Cumberland is near a fresh water canal, so water is abundant, and it's a coal town, so plenty of cheap power and gas. Overhead would have to include maintenance and repair of the robots, but I can talk to some local mechanics to get details on that. There are a lot of people who work on cars and trains in that area. I would have to accept credit cards too, obviously. Food prices for raw ingredients are probably comparable to those of the rest of the east coast.There are a few other up scale restaurants right in that same area (a NY style, an Italian, and a bit further a French one that costs a fortune).

Is there going to be any staff to speak of working at it? The kitchen is going to have to be inspected and cleaned for the sake of health inspections and you can't really rely on customers to fully clean up after themselves and others. So the eating area would need someone to keep it clean throughout the day.

I may have one person there at the entrance welcoming and seating people, and monitoring the systems on a screen to let mechanics know if something breaks, or place orders if some ingredients are running low. I would need a separate accounting and purchasing department to deal with suppliers, establish prices, and track costs and revenues. Probably three people on ful time staff at most, with maintenance only called when needed. If the kitchen is mostly stainless steel and plastic with many floor drains, it can be set up with soap and water sprinklers, and the entire system can be washed nightly automatically like a giant dishwasher. Customer table tops can be solid stainless steel round disks with four plate-shaped depressions. Instead of food being delivered on plates, it can be delivered on small trays and scooped right onto the table into those plate-shaped depressions. After customers are done eating, the entire table top can be removed and automatically moved to the kitchen, where it gets washed with the rest of the equipment.

Also any exit plan if it doesn't work out a couple of months after opening?

If it fails, it fails. Everything will be sold off and money redistributed to investors evenly. Like all businesses, this is risky, and you shouldn't invest unless you are ready to lose your money.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 03:55:08 PM

Customer table tops can be solid stainless steel round disks with four plate-shaped depressions. Instead of food being delivered on plates, it can be delivered on small trays and scooped right onto the table into those plate-shaped depressions.

I know I like my upscale restaurants to *splork* my food right on the table.  Grin
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 04:03:24 PM

Customer table tops can be solid stainless steel round disks with four plate-shaped depressions. Instead of food being delivered on plates, it can be delivered on small trays and scooped right onto the table into those plate-shaped depressions.

I know I like my upscale restaurants to *splork* my food right on the table.  Grin

Good point. Maybe just deliver the table top with the food already on it.
cruikshank

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 04:19:35 PM

Electricity costs $0.13/kWh there and gas and water are pretty cheap too.

I meant to be more specific about it, but flubbed up when asking: what do you estimate would be the operational costs of water, gas and electric come the end of the month and the bills arrive? Seems like completely automated cooking and delivery would bring in a hefty electric bill for the robots alone.

1JvnFCbMXAyeooPggF9snLAeg3A2QVV8eh
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 04:32:23 PM

Electricity costs $0.13/kWh there and gas and water are pretty cheap too.

I meant to be more specific about it, but flubbed up when asking: what do you estimate would be the operational costs of water, gas and electric come the end of the month and the bills arrive? Seems like completely automated cooking and delivery would bring in a hefty electric bill for the robots alone.

I don't know and won't know until after the robots are designed. Probably not much more than about $1,500 a month for gas and electric, which is less than one employee would cost.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 04:37:13 PM

Do you know how much energy fridges and coolers pull? It's one of the most price intensive posts in any restaurants list of costs.

While we're on the topic: How are you going to serve drinks? Especially things like wine or anything carbonated?
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 04:39:28 PM

If you are interested in investing, please post here and let me know, and I'll contact you directly to give you an addres to send money to.

all crazy ideas that will never work should end exactly like this!
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 04:41:39 PM

If you are interested in investing, please post here and let me know, and I'll contact you directly to give you an addres to send money to.

all crazy ideas that will never work should end exactly like this!

I shall take that as show of interest, and will be contacting you directly. Expect me at your front door by 7pm this evening. Thank you!
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 04:45:39 PM

Do you know how much energy fridges and coolers pull? It's one of the most price intensive posts in any restaurants list of costs.

While we're on the topic: How are you going to serve drinks? Especially things like wine or anything carbonated?

I know people have built bartending robots...

Rassah, this isn't a *terrible* idea, but I agree with taking it down a couple notches to a vending machine, or even food-truck. With sous-vede cooking you could like even do meat to order through the vending machine, and would sure beat the ones with crappy sandwiches.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: