Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:06:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin business opportunity  (Read 6142 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 04:50:44 PM

Do you know how much energy fridges and coolers pull? It's one of the most price intensive posts in any restaurants list of costs.

While we're on the topic: How are you going to serve drinks? Especially things like wine or anything carbonated?

I know people have built bartending robots...

Ever seen them in action? I did. Never went there again.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 04:57:26 PM

Do you know how much energy fridges and coolers pull? It's one of the most price intensive posts in any restaurants list of costs.

While we're on the topic: How are you going to serve drinks? Especially things like wine or anything carbonated?

Truthfully I've only seen videos -- first hand experience obviously outweighs that.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 05:02:11 PM

Truthfully I've only seen videos -- first hand experience obviously outweighs that.

They're slow, they make a mess and truthfully someone took the concept of "no human interaction" too far. As in these things are never cleaned and you can see as well as taste that there is something in the pipes/nozzle that doesn't belong there.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 05:06:08 PM

It,s a pretty cold area somewhat high in the mountains. Doesn't get too hot out there. As for drinks, maybe a wine fountain machine where you refill your glass like you do with soda?

Truthfully someone took the concept of "no human interaction" too far.

I think that makes my idea for the location even better, because our seniors are already quite used to a lack of human interaction. Japanese are even building robots to replace elderly care nurses!
cruikshank

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 05:10:53 PM

Wine out of a fountain machine is kind of  Undecided

1JvnFCbMXAyeooPggF9snLAeg3A2QVV8eh
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 05:12:38 PM

Wine out of a fountain machine is kind of  Undecided

I don't drink alcohol, so wouldn't know...
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 08:38:27 PM

*Sigh* Fine. Closed due to lack of interest.  Embarrassed i'm keeping the money already donated, sorry.

I'll see if I can come up with something better tomorrow. Too busy tonight and have to concentrate on cleaning up and preparing for my fancy Italian dinner party this weekend. Not kidding about being able to cook btw. This was last New Years Japanese dinner ( Osechi-ryōri ) where I spent two days preparing 14 different dishes from scratch: http://bit.ly/sBAFkc
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 08:58:26 PM

i'm keeping the money already donated, sorry.
WHAT? Look man, I'm glad I didn't invest, and I called this a scam from the first reply (Although you didn't pick up on that I meant Scamcoins when I said Solidcoins), but this is just low. It seemed you might actually want to do this at some point, so I changed my view to "he's not a scammer, it's just not a very well thought out plan."
Then there's the fact that you JUST posted that if this didn't work out, then you would give the investors their money back. Well listen to this: Closed because of lack of interest IS that it didn't work out!

If it fails, it fails. Everything will be sold off and money redistributed to investors evenly.
Stand by your word, and return the money to the people, or I'll see if I can get you marked as scammer.

Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 09:01:33 PM

i'm keeping the money already donated, sorry.
WHAT? Look man, I'm glad I didn't invest, and I called this a scam from the first reply (Although you didn't pick up on that I meant Scamcoins when I said Solidcoins), but this is just low. It seemed you might actually want to do this at some point, so I changed my view to "he's not a scammer, it's just not a very well thought out plan."
Then there's the fact that you JUST posted that if this didn't work out, then you would give the investors their money back. Well listen to this: Closed because of lack of interest IS that it didn't work out!

If it fails, it fails. Everything will be sold off and money redistributed to investors evenly.
Stand by your word, and return the money to the people, or I'll see if I can get you marked as scammer.

There was, uh, nothing to sell, so no money to return from proceeds of the liquidation?
BTCurious

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 09:06:38 PM

There was, uh, nothing to sell, so no money to return from proceeds of the liquidation?
You know that is not an argument.
If it fails, it fails. (Everything will be sold off) and (money redistributed to investors evenly).

Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 09:15:06 PM

You know that is not an argument.
If it fails, it fails. (Everything will be sold off) and (money redistributed to investors evenly).

Just drop it and leave me alone -.- I'm too busy to deal with this right now.
BTCurious

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 09:16:59 PM

It's real easy.
Send the money back to the people who invested.

Did you lose it on the exchange? Put some actual cash in, convert to bitcoins, then give the money back.

If you don't do that, this was a scam.

Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 09:21:28 PM

This wasn't a scam. I am extremely honorable, and never scam or steal peoples money.
BTCurious

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 09:48:13 PM

So give them back their money.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 09:58:10 PM

Not a bad idea Rassah,but I think a bigger city like New York would accept it more easily.

How about a Bitcoin carwash,or movie vending machine???

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 11:09:12 PM

This wasn't a scam. I am extremely honorable, and never scam or steal peoples money.

Unless you return the investment funds as you agreed to do so in this event, the above is a flat out lie.
greyhawk

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 11:10:04 PM

Imma gonna go and call his parents about this. I am extremely upset. Extremely upset.  Angry
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 11:42:25 PM

Imma gonna go and call his parents about this. I am extremely upset. Extremely upset.  Angry

Grin
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 11:53:45 PM

Bravo Rassah, bravo!

*golf clap*

Grin

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Rassah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2011, 12:32:47 AM

Bravo Rassah, bravo!

*golf clap*

Grin

No, I failed. I wasn't trying to troll. Everyone just assumed I did Sad
Thing is, trolling wasn't even my intent, really, and everything I said here is the truth (except maybe being seriously interested in this restaurant, or getting anyone to give me money). I do know of the restaurant, we are actually foreclosing on it, I do actually cook fancy gourmet, I did work at McDonald's, though as a manager at their corporate office, and I do actually do industreal CAD design, though I use SolidWorks for it instead of SL (crazy expensive software). But I just kept coming up with too good of ideas for how to actually make the crazy thing work, and ended up overcompensating in the other direction with things that are too ridiculous X( Plus obvious things that made it obvious. I suck at keeping secrets, too *sigh* Anyway, new and this time real, business plan later this week  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: