Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:13:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: a surefire way to reduce shit posts  (Read 413 times)
manyexp (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:56:11 AM

a surefire way to reduce shit posts

1. Remove the signature of all forum users.
2. Delete the Marketplace (Altcoins) section (including all subboards).

Clearly, we will reduce shit posts and spams, and Only users for bitcointalk will be left in this forum.
But perhaps it will not enforce this policy. You'll know the reason even if I don't tell you.

I trusted the Bitcointalk bounty program, but I saw many fraudulent ICOs even in the btt.
Do you think you should continue to use threads that encourage such fraud?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcchain2x

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:04:31 AM

Clearly, we will reduce shit posts and spams, and Only users for bitcointalk will be left in this forum.
But perhaps it will not enforce this policy. You'll know the reason even if I don't tell you.

I trusted the Bitcointalk bounty program, but I saw many fraudulent ICOs even in the btt.

i agrer that will reduce shitpost, but there's no way that they will remove that post, first is that there are a lot of good legit threads there and second the investor based games is not yet removed the thread is full of frauds so your suggestion is imposible
ScarletSnow

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:24:09 AM

Sound so bitter if youre a victim of those ICO campaign. Not paid right I assume? Probably! I think the problem in forum are lack of moderators to punish those spammer. We know there are some who hunt and banned them but not enough as I can see. But the merit requirement for Junior member is bold move and nice decision for the forum.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░   POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]   ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 3816

🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:36:44 AM

Sound so bitter if youre a victim of those ICO campaign. Not paid right I assume? Probably! I think the problem in forum are lack of moderators to punish those spammer. We know there are some who hunt and banned them but not enough as I can see. But the merit requirement for Junior member is bold move and nice decision for the forum.

The thing is, there is no way to know to be completely 100% sure if a certain bounty campaign will actually pay their users or not. A project can simply have a great whitepaper and simply not deliver in the end. The only 100% sure-fire way to know is after the campaign, if they will actually send the coins/tokens or not. Not to mention that the bounty applicants should do their research in the first place on the projects, to lessen the chances of them getting duped.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 757

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:42:37 AM

That's because they aren't moderated, and likely will never be. This place is ran in such a way that the community takes care of community issues, while moderators and admins only address forum-specific issues. This is good in my opinion, because it decentralizes influence between users and moderators. The community basically decides which way it's going, and there's no gatekeeping.

It's all up to the people involved to practice due diligence on whatever they may want to involve themselves in.

Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 07:41:51 AM

Bitcoin Talk needs to bifurcate. Send the altcoins, bounty, ICO and the spammers down one fork, and let Bitcoin and crypto enthusiasts have the other.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:52:14 AM

Ironically enough, the OP bought copper membership to wear signature.
And is campaigning for it to be cancelled.

Stricter moderation can help with the spam in that section.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3388

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 07:59:19 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Already ruled out by theymos:

I have mostly ruled out:

- Removing signatures or sig ads globally.

Those aren't the only "Alternate cryptocurrencies boards & subs" that contribute to the ongoing spam, on this forum.
- In order to have a significant impact, you have to include all of the other boards in "Alternate cryptocurrencies (with the exception of few threads)" + their local counterpart sub-boards.

I trusted the Bitcointalk bounty program,
Why? None of those are created by officials...

but I saw many fraudulent ICOs even in the btt.
AFAIK, 99% of "ICOs" are fake/scams.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:47:17 PM

If you take away signature campaigns this forum would empty out pretty quickly, activity here would drop to just the hardcore bitcoin followers which is OK, but i think it is better with more activity - even with newbies and shitposters
Diacris

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:03:17 PM

By damaging the people that spam to fill up their number of weekly posts for the signature campaign you also damage those who provide value and leverage their post count by using a signature. The signature has multiple use cases. ALTHOUGH is mostly used for bounties, that's not its only use case and definitely not the most rewarded.

There's a lot of people that own personal blogs and strive to create a community and generate traffic by posting useful content on this forum. Post count is merely a number that has no value unless each provides at least a bit of useful information.

Perhaps, if some filters would be implemented for any ICO that wants to post their announcement on this forum in order to lessen the number of scams, then the forum would probably be more clean and less spammy.

Nonetheless, eliminating the signature is not a balanced change and would affect other people, there should be a way, a change, that would only punish the spammers -Not everybody that uses a forum signature.

kaasy.ai ICO Token Sales               
BUY KAAS TOKEN NOW
Artificial Intelligence Algorithms on Blockchain
halpi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 12:06:00 AM

lol that`s why you are wearing signature? didn`t check but won`t be surprised if most of your posts are from Altcoins thread.
Forum looks fine, lots of information here

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
naturerock

Activity: 133

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:42:27 AM

The thing is, there is no way to know to be completely 100% sure if a certain bounty campaign will actually pay their users or not. A project can simply have a great whitepaper and simply not deliver in the end. The only 100% sure-fire way to know is after the campaign, if they will actually send the coins/tokens or not. Not to mention that the bounty applicants should do their research in the first place on the projects, to lessen the chances of them getting duped.

Same thing happens with startup companies in real life, its the risk you take when working for a new project. The high risk  may pay off with a  nice reward.
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1944

This space is availlable for advertising

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:02:20 AM

You do not know what you are talking about. The "Signature campaigns" on this forum is bigger than this forum. Take a moment and think about it. Count the amount of money that Bitcoin companies are currently pushing through these campaigns and how many bitcoins are being distributed into people's pockets.

All of these bitcoins stimulate the whole Bitcoin ecosystem. These Signature campaign members use these bitcoins to buy goods and services and to trade and gamble and all of these tx's support Bitcoin businesses.

Sometimes you have to tolerate a bit of bad to retain some good.  Wink

Signature space availlable -Just DM me if you need some advertising.
Sealis

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:07:05 PM

The bitcointalk forum is just a medium for those ICO's to spread their names. Anyone is basically free to post their projects in there and it's up to the users whether they would accept the job or not. Besides, the ICO's will definitely not do a background check, with just the sheer amount of checking they have to do would have already cost a lot of resources. Besides, even though most people just put out spam for their bounty campaigns, they can at least learn if they are actually trying to right? Like it's easy to be influenced when you're always in the forum and looking for topics to reply on. That way, you can both learn and earn money at the same time, right?
offrock

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:10:09 PM
Merited by MetaMod (5)

This is forum created for the people so that we can learn about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies for free.Its not a privilege to earn here,but it doesnt mean that you arent capable of doing so.If the signaturres are going to be removed,how will these new people will earn money? do you think it will be a good choice for a longer solution? it can be resolved by not resolving these problems and creating another problems.Merit system has reduced shitposts,there are less bounty participants now after Theymos has required jr.members one merit to rank up from newbie.
mainconcept

Activity: 588
Merit: 422

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:35:26 PM

~~
~~

The Funny thing is, you're talking about how to reduce shits posts and spam, on the other hand, 75%+ of the posts you've made are bounty spam posts.
Danielosad

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:23:49 PM

It is true that wearing a signature for a project may give incentive for some forum users to just post shitty stuff, but there are also some nice part of signatures we should never ignore, that they are a good way to learn about some projects that could be of interest. I have had the fortune learning about some really nice project from signatures worne by members. The forum is a good place to learn and I think the signature are also a source of good information
crypt0j0e

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 05:57:28 AM

I find it interesting that you're even suggesting this given that you're running a signature campaign yourself. And what about your copper membership?

I'm sure you had a good reason to pay for it...

Yes, this would help reduce spam/shit posts but did you forget that a major point of this forum is to promote projects?

No, but you can report scams and frauds to the moderators and just ignore those threads until they're removed.

Verity the Real-Time Decentralized Oracle
Register Today! (https://alpha.verity.network/?referral=AE33164)
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:39:43 PM

Very radical step. I could agree to that, since signature campaigns for sure creating some tension in terms of spam but many many people enjoy beign here more since they have pocket money profit while doing what they like anyway.
It can be used in bad way and could be used in good way either. Moderators are here for that reason, to ensure its used in good way Smiley
Most people want to merit system go away, this is something new entirely Wink
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 10:54:52 PM

Check the Ivory Tower and Serious Discussion section for the amount of activity in a place with no (financial) incentive to post. It can sometimes be days between posts.

I'm surprised it's that dead as it's a place where plenty of merit can be earned if people are on the lookout for it, but it is.

Everyone's incentivised to be here in some way. If it's not sig campaigns, it's learning or new opportunities.

What would be an interesting experiment would be a mystery period where all sigs were shut down just to see what would happen. No one would be told how long it would last.

If I were running this forum I would definitely split the alts off into a separate site. There's a sharp divide between there and the Bitcoin bit and the Bitcoin bit is horrifically polluted by it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: