Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:48:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: a surefire way to reduce shit posts  (Read 413 times)
KocaEfe

Activity: 346
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 11:43:41 PM

1. Remove the signature of all forum users.
2. Delete the Marketplace (Altcoins) section (including all subboards).

Very radical step. I could agree to that, since signature campaigns for sure creating some tension in terms of spam but many many people enjoy beign here more since they have pocket money profit while doing what they like anyway.
It can be used in bad way and could be used in good way either. Moderators are here for that reason, to ensure its used in good way Smiley
Most people want to merit system go away, this is something new entirely Wink
All right!
Each participant in this forum has a little interest. Someone is involved in a bounty of social networks. Someone sig company. Someone sig for bitcoin. And someone as a volunteer does everything for free.
To resort to such radical methods is a big problem, is not worth it. If you find this annoying or do not like it, do not go to these sections. But as was once said administers, ICO, too, brings favor of.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ardavan2150

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 01:02:52 AM

a surefire way to reduce shit posts

1. Remove the signature of all forum users.
2. Delete the Marketplace (Altcoins) section (including all subboards).

Clearly, we will reduce shit posts and spams, and Only users for bitcointalk will be left in this forum.
But perhaps it will not enforce this policy. You'll know the reason even if I don't tell you.

I trusted the Bitcointalk bounty program, but I saw many fraudulent ICOs even in the btt.
Do you think you should continue to use threads that encourage such fraud?

I doubt the forum admins and senior user would go for it. Cause they are making the most money from the signature campaign. But I totally agree with you, the traffic on the forum would definitely reduce to 5% of what is right now.
payjoe93

Activity: 499
Merit: 267

PAYJOE93 DESIGN SERVICE

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 06:17:19 AM

~~

The Funny thing is, you're talking about how to reduce shits posts and spam, on the other hand, 75%+ of the posts you've made are bounty spam posts.
Wow, Spammers shout spammers.. hahaha

Just IMO,. Due the new rules of rank requirement, spam post is reduced.. but, spam (report post) of social media campaign is not change as i know.. i think, all bounty managers have to made a commitment for bounty participant requirement, that ONLY JR. MEMBER ABOVE or NEWBIE who have ACTIVITY MORE THAN 100 can participate for ALL CAMPAIGN including SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN.. I think this will be more effective to reducing spam post..

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 10:01:26 AM

Don't ask what the forum can do for you, ask what you can do for the forum.

Report EVERY shitpost. Report every spam post. Report everything that is against the rules.

If every member of this forum reported 10 posts a day, you'd see how quickly the number of shit posts will be reduced.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:40:45 AM

Why not become an advocate to what you are proposing? It is October 28 now and you are still wearing a signature for your own account? Also seeing some of your latest post, you are also not following what you proposed, so maybe next time you should become an advocate and not become an hypocrite. You are just here creating a thread hoping that others will see it helpful and you are brilliant about it so that you can earn a merit for yourself.  To tell you frankly, it won't work because we still see your activities here in the forum.
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:08:21 PM

Report EVERY shitpost. Report every spam post. Report everything that is against the rules.
If every member of this forum reported 10 posts a day, you'd see how quickly the number of shit posts will be reduced.
I think the OP would start by reporting him/herself because from the look of his post history,he has also contributed his own fair share of spammy posts to the forum

One who preaches against bounty campaigns and still puts on a signature to advertise one, is a real spammer and should not be trusted
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:46:40 PM

while a lot of posts are simply spam for signature bounties, it's likely that many good posters might end up quitting aswell if there's no gain?

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
sentbit

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 03:54:15 PM

yep, this is what to do. report if you find pests in this forum that's the wisest step Wink
but the OP idea is also interesting but maybe not for now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: