Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 10:06:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just got a lot of crypto-mining hardware as a payment. Where do I sell it all?  (Read 748 times)
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:13:27 PM

I am interested in shipping container.

If you could get me a realistic price, I can find out about logistics to UK.

Thanks (PM me please)

Tried to PM you but you do not accept messages from newbies Sad
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:15:20 PM

no newbie PM from newbie to newbie Sad

would take some cards if you are based in NRW (will pick up for cash)

I just sent you a PM.
willycut

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:44:21 PM

I'm interested to buy
polymer_city2

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:40:00 PM

Thanks (PM me please)

Fixed, try again please.
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:19:53 PM

Thanks (PM me please)

Fixed, try again please.

I've just sent you a PM.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2884
Merit: 773

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:47:07 PM

Selling the gear in the Computer Hardware board couldn’t hurt (proceed with escrow unless buyer goes first). Plus, you’ll get payments in crypto if you choose to accept that as payment, and that’s always nice. I’ve never had a deal go bad there, but I’ve also always used escrow.

As a general rule on eBay, don’t sell what you can’t afford to lose. People always find a way to fraudently refund items there, and I’ve been burned by it in the past so many times I just quit using the site except for buying goods. eBay seems good on the buyer’s end, but it’s really a mess when you start going to sell things, and I wouldn’t risk it selling gear in bulk. The forums aren’t the quickest place to sell gear, and a lot of posts in the computer hardware board are for North American sales, but it’s better than some alternatives like eBay.
True story which if you do like to save yourself into  trouble or headache then its better to skip out Ebay and same as leo i do have the similar experience when it comes to selling.Why not try to sell out first on local buy and sell site?
On op, if i do have that large amount of miners since all things are intact then it would be better to mine on your own since it wont really needed for you to go full time and do make check up anytime but knowing on where you do live then it isnt really profitable at all knowing that your place do have an expensive electricity.Your last choice is to sell it out. Try to post on the forum link given above.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:55:32 PM

Selling the gear in the Computer Hardware board couldn’t hurt (proceed with escrow unless buyer goes first). Plus, you’ll get payments in crypto if you choose to accept that as payment, and that’s always nice. I’ve never had a deal go bad there, but I’ve also always used escrow.

As a general rule on eBay, don’t sell what you can’t afford to lose. People always find a way to fraudently refund items there, and I’ve been burned by it in the past so many times I just quit using the site except for buying goods. eBay seems good on the buyer’s end, but it’s really a mess when you start going to sell things, and I wouldn’t risk it selling gear in bulk. The forums aren’t the quickest place to sell gear, and a lot of posts in the computer hardware board are for North American sales, but it’s better than some alternatives like eBay.
True story which if you do like to save yourself into  trouble or headache then its better to skip out Ebay and same as leo i do have the similar experience when it comes to selling.Why not try to sell out first on local buy and sell site?
On op, if i do have that large amount of miners since all things are intact then it would be better to mine on your own since it wont really needed for you to go full time and do make check up anytime but knowing on where you do live then it isnt really profitable at all knowing that your place do have an expensive electricity.Your last choice is to sell it out. Try to post on the forum link given above.

Thanks for your comment. I am based in Germany where electricity prices are the second highest in the EU. I have a contact in Poland where they offer me $0.11 per kWh. All the hardware that I have is worth (retail) approximately 180.000 EUR. I am willing to drop the price for all to 110.000 EUR. With the current crypto prices and GPU mining, in general, it would take years to make the same amount of money with mining. That's why I'm willing to drop 70.000 EUR and just sell it all in one go.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2884
Merit: 773

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:34:06 PM

Thanks for your comment. I am based in Germany where electricity prices are the second highest in the EU. I have a contact in Poland where they offer me $0.11 per kWh. All the hardware that I have is worth (retail) approximately 180.000 EUR. I am willing to drop the price for all to 110.000 EUR. With the current crypto prices and GPU mining, in general, it would take years to make the same amount of money with mining. That's why I'm willing to drop 70.000 EUR and just sell it all in one go.
On this case basing on that price per kWh then it would really just like suicide when you do tend to mine.Its much better to sell it out and for those guys who do reside on other side of the world sits on having the most cheapest electricity would really have the advantage.Checking out into that discount its already a great deal which you cant hardly see on any sellers out there.Did you already post on Computer Hardware board? That would be a good start up and you might get a bulk buyer there.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 09:58:38 PM

i'd be interested if you were in USA.  =(

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:01:38 PM

Unfortunately everyone else knows that it would take years to make that money back also  Grin  Without knowing the specifics, it sounds like you have about 70k Euro worth of GPUs.  I don't know how much a shipping container costs but I doubt the rest of the equipment equals 40k.  I personally think you should try the ebay route.  Yes it will be a pain in the ass, but the equipment you have only gets more obsolete with time, and selling it all at once will require a deep discount and finding a buyer could prove difficult.
ikatamoonshots

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:07:58 PM

probier mal hood.de und natürlich ebay-kleinanzeigen - tageszeitungen ggf, gamer foren.

oder google mal nach "hardware ankauf", auch ein paar ergebnisse

Wenn der preis günstiger ist als der market nehme ich vllt auch was ^^
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:45:33 PM

I sold a few GPUs recently on eBay and fucking PayPal held my money after confirmed delivery (and positive feedback) for 10+ days because they said "there was a lot of fradulent activity" in the graphics card market,  so I had to just wait for them to "release" my money in my account.  After a chat with eBay  support - the funds were released.
Never sell this sort of equipment on ebay. They always side in the buyers favor. Those who are buying can play and say they did not receive the item and usually ebay&paypal will hold the money until they investigate has concluded and most of the time they believe the buyer who can just say they didn't receive anything. Then they have your graphics cards and their money back after just waiting 10+ days.
That is a messed up system they have their with ebay acting as "escrow".

Might as well put them up on the marketplace board here and let the devoted miners here pick what they need so to keep the mining community alive.
Here is the computer hardware/mining equipment thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

Yes I completely agree with this. This always generally happens during a huge mining boom and then bust.

Basically the best time to sell mining gear is when you have the highest chances of getting scammed on eBay.

Many people bought GPUs for over MSRP during January of this year. Because they assumed "$10/day today and $10/day in 6 months". Then they learned about difficulty and are calling Bitcoin and Mining a scam. So they want their money back. They basically file a claim saying "GPU is broken" and want a full refund. And not only that they want their shipping back and you are also charged the back shipping of the GPU.

Best way is to sell these locally on Criagslist and meet in some public area. Tell the seller the truth they were mined with but they are free to test GPU prior to purchase. Most will agree.

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:40:44 AM

I sold a few GPUs recently on eBay and fucking PayPal held my money after confirmed delivery (and positive feedback) for 10+ days because they said "there was a lot of fradulent activity" in the graphics card market,  so I had to just wait for them to "release" my money in my account.  After a chat with eBay  support - the funds were released.
Never sell this sort of equipment on ebay. They always side in the buyers favor. Those who are buying can play and say they did not receive the item and usually ebay&paypal will hold the money until they investigate has concluded and most of the time they believe the buyer who can just say they didn't receive anything. Then they have your graphics cards and their money back after just waiting 10+ days.
That is a messed up system they have their with ebay acting as "escrow".

Might as well put them up on the marketplace board here and let the devoted miners here pick what they need so to keep the mining community alive.
Here is the computer hardware/mining equipment thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

Yes I completely agree with this. This always generally happens during a huge mining boom and then bust.

Basically the best time to sell mining gear is when you have the highest chances of getting scammed on eBay.

Many people bought GPUs for over MSRP during January of this year. Because they assumed "$10/day today and $10/day in 6 months". Then they learned about difficulty and are calling Bitcoin and Mining a scam. So they want their money back. They basically file a claim saying "GPU is broken" and want a full refund. And not only that they want their shipping back and you are also charged the back shipping of the GPU.

Best way is to sell these locally on Criagslist and meet in some public area. Tell the seller the truth they were mined with but they are free to test GPU prior to purchase. Most will agree.

Too many lowballers on craiglists, I tired to sell vega 56s like 2-3 months old and ppl wanted to pay 350 , plus half the time they get mad when you refuse to give your gear away.

Honestly i sugges holding your gear till the next mining boom and mining with some of it at break even prices.  Selling GPU's in this market is a POS
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:08:41 AM

From what I'm hearing here from you guys eBay and Craigslist is not an option for me or any of us who want to sell crypto-mining gear. I am currently preparing a list of the hardware that I have with photos and will post on the marketplace board. Maybe I can find a bulk buyer there.
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 08:25:49 AM

You should either start mining, (which you don’t want), depending on the rig and electricity costs you might still get your minimum profit.
Or sell it by parts, that will take some time and effort, but you will get some cash back.

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:23:41 AM

I've just put the first (and biggest) item on my list which is crypto mining container on Computer Hardware board here.
martincooo

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:35:44 PM

I've just put the first (and biggest) item on my list which is crypto mining container on Computer Hardware board here.

Good luck man, thats a really BIG one.. Hope u sell it all..
N0pr3s3n7

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:42:26 PM

must admit that this looks superrrr nice , wish i had access to very cheap electricity , I wouldnt think twice about this..  Good luck selling , I am looking forward to see your other listings i also live in EU and have friends in Germany to check this Smiley
Danimore

Activity: 294
Merit: 123

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 01:47:03 PM

I have not much money to buy the whole hardwares from you but if you list in order of parts Maybe I can buy some parts in that topic .Anyway, I wish you have a good selling as you want and get more money from community.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:48:43 PM

must admit that this looks superrrr nice , wish i had access to very cheap electricity , I wouldnt think twice about this..  Good luck selling , I am looking forward to see your other listings i also live in EU and have friends in Germany to check this Smiley

I've already listed some stuff on the Hardware board. Check them out Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: