Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 07:02:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just got a lot of crypto-mining hardware as a payment. Where do I sell it all?  (Read 748 times)
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:44:34 AM

Long story short - I sold my shares in one company and as a payment, I received *a lot* of crypto hardware (200 x 1070, 90 x 1060 6GB, 24 x 1080TI, tens of power supply units, countless pci-e risers, cables, fans, etc.). I also got a crypto-mining container (20 ft. long) fitted with four axial fans and 170 smaller vents (similar to Envion's design) with cables, shelves and networking already prepared.

I'm not very much into hardcore mining as I see it as a full-time job. Where do I sell it all? eBay? Craigslist? I have invoices/receipts for all the parts on my list but on the other hand, I'm not very keen on selling the hardware on a per-piece basis. I'm willing to give huge discounts on all items. Any ideas how to liquidate the hardware all-in-one-go would be greatly appreciated.
Pennywis3

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:13:49 AM

Plug in everything.
Start Mining.

Choose a location where someone else pays for electricity.

Profit!
nordmann666

Activity: 361
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:23:59 AM

Long story short - I sold my shares in one company and as a payment, I received *a lot* of crypto hardware (200 x 1070, 90 x 1060 6GB, 24 x 1080TI, tens of power supply units, countless pci-e risers, cables, fans, etc.). I also got a crypto-mining container (20 ft. long) fitted with four axial fans and 170 smaller vents (similar to Envion's design) with cables, shelves and networking already prepared.

I'm not very much into hardcore mining as I see it as a full-time job. Where do I sell it all? eBay? Craigslist? I have invoices/receipts for all the parts on my list but on the other hand, I'm not very keen on selling the hardware on a per-piece basis. I'm willing to give huge discounts on all items. Any ideas how to liquidate the hardware all-in-one-go would be greatly appreciated.

first...wow
second...should be hard to sold the stuff "all in one"

if i had this amount of hardware i would sell at classifieds - every part one advertisement with one piece (doenst matter that you have more) at -20% of regular used price - that should bring you fast money

p.s. damn that you are on other continent - would buy some stuff if u want fast money and no matter of best price
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:43:03 AM

if i had this amount of hardware i would sell at classifieds - every part one advertisement with one piece (doenst matter that you have more) at -20% of regular used price - that should bring you fast money

That sounds like thousands of advertisements (if we're counting every item I have)
nordmann666

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:00:51 AM

no

one advertisment for 1070, one for 1060, one for 1080ti ....

the other stuff (cables, risers) - yeah...dont know...but this items are not that worth like the cards and power supply units

someone who would buy all in one will not calculate that small things - so forget this stuff atm and try to get most money from the expansive stuff
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 12:53:09 PM

What country are you in?

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
onegiantcock
Copper Member

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:40:39 PM

I sold a few GPUs recently on eBay and fucking PayPal held my money after confirmed delivery (and positive feedback) for 10+ days because they said "there was a lot of fradulent activity" in the graphics card market,  so I had to just wait for them to "release" my money in my account.  After a chat with eBay  support - the funds were released.
perri

Activity: 215
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:01:45 PM

It seems you have a buyer, over here ↓↓↓

What country are you in?

Or maybe lord Dagarair want to host all of your mining stuff in his own mining farm.
ThePunisher49X

Activity: 340
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 02:24:29 PM

I sold a few GPUs recently on eBay and fucking PayPal held my money after confirmed delivery (and positive feedback) for 10+ days because they said "there was a lot of fradulent activity" in the graphics card market,  so I had to just wait for them to "release" my money in my account.  After a chat with eBay  support - the funds were released.
Never sell this sort of equipment on ebay. They always side in the buyers favor. Those who are buying can play and say they did not receive the item and usually ebay&paypal will hold the money until they investigate has concluded and most of the time they believe the buyer who can just say they didn't receive anything. Then they have your graphics cards and their money back after just waiting 10+ days.
That is a messed up system they have their with ebay acting as "escrow".

Might as well put them up on the marketplace board here and let the devoted miners here pick what they need so to keep the mining community alive.
Here is the computer hardware/mining equipment thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:31:54 PM

What country are you in?

I'm based in Germany. I need to liquidate this hardware pretty fast (in order to provide for my family for example) so I'm willing to give up to 40% discount over retail prices on GPUs and PSUs.
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:34:18 PM

Might as well put them up on the marketplace board here and let the devoted miners here pick what they need so to keep the mining community alive.
Here is the computer hardware/mining equipment thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

Good idea. Will also list the hardware there.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:07:16 PM

Sold your shares for crypto mining equipment? Sounds like you BOUGHT mining equipment with your shares.

Unfortunately it seems like you got the bad end of the stick. The reason they probably gave you the hardware because crypto mining GPUs at this point in time is literally unprofitable. I noticed you didn't mention any ASIC miners, because they probably kept those to themselves because those still could be profitable.
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:20:17 PM

Sold your shares for crypto mining equipment? Sounds like you BOUGHT mining equipment with your shares.

Unfortunately it seems like you got the bad end of the stick. The reason they probably gave you the hardware because crypto mining GPUs at this point in time is literally unprofitable. I noticed you didn't mention any ASIC miners, because they probably kept those to themselves because those still could be profitable.

Not exactly. Without going too much into details, it was a tense situation in a company I co-founded and I wanted the other shareholders to buy me out. So they did but they didn't have enough cash so it was a mix of cash/hardware deal.

When it comes to ASICs I also received 23 x L3+. I didn't mention them in my original post as they don't have any spectacular value right now.
nordmann666

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:31:29 PM

aus Deutschland? Sag das doch gleich Smiley

ganz im Ernst...ebay Kleinanzeigen und dann nur paypal Friends akzeptieren
wenn du wirklich 40% unter Neupreis abgibst...dann findest du definitiv sofort eine Menge käufer

Könntest auch den "Container" voll bestücken und verkaufen - aber wie mit meinem schlechten Englisch beschrieben - du findest eher Käufer für die Karten einzeln, als ein bestücktes Rig inkl. der Karten

Einzelpreis aller Grafikkarten ist definitiv höher als alle Karten inkl. allem drum und dran

Wo genau stehen die Sachen denn derzeit?

p.s. aktiviere mal private Nachrichten
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:34:48 PM

Selling the gear in the Computer Hardware board couldn’t hurt (proceed with escrow unless buyer goes first). Plus, you’ll get payments in crypto if you choose to accept that as payment, and that’s always nice. I’ve never had a deal go bad there, but I’ve also always used escrow.

As a general rule on eBay, don’t sell what you can’t afford to lose. People always find a way to fraudently refund items there, and I’ve been burned by it in the past so many times I just quit using the site except for buying goods. eBay seems good on the buyer’s end, but it’s really a mess when you start going to sell things, and I wouldn’t risk it selling gear in bulk. The forums aren’t the quickest place to sell gear, and a lot of posts in the computer hardware board are for North American sales, but it’s better than some alternatives like eBay.
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:43:16 PM

aus Deutschland? Sag das doch gleich Smiley

ganz im Ernst...ebay Kleinanzeigen und dann nur paypal Friends akzeptieren
wenn du wirklich 40% unter Neupreis abgibst...dann findest du definitiv sofort eine Menge käufer

Könntest auch den "Container" voll bestücken und verkaufen - aber wie mit meinem schlechten Englisch beschrieben - du findest eher Käufer für die Karten einzeln, als ein bestücktes Rig inkl. der Karten

Einzelpreis aller Grafikkarten ist definitiv höher als alle Karten inkl. allem drum und dran

Wo genau stehen die Sachen denn derzeit?

p.s. aktiviere mal private Nachrichten

Hi, thanks for the tips. I just enabled private messages.
Pono (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:44:33 PM

Selling the gear in the Computer Hardware board couldn’t hurt (proceed with escrow unless buyer goes first). Plus, you’ll get payments in crypto if you choose to accept that as payment, and that’s always nice. I’ve never had a deal go bad there, but I’ve also always used escrow.

As a general rule on eBay, don’t sell what you can’t afford to lose. People always find a way to fraudently refund items there, and I’ve been burned by it in the past so many times I just quit using the site except for buying goods. eBay seems good on the buyer’s end, but it’s really a mess when you start going to sell things, and I wouldn’t risk it selling gear in bulk. The forums aren’t the quickest place to sell gear, and a lot of posts in the computer hardware board are for North American sales, but it’s better than some alternatives like eBay.

Yes, I think I will proceed with the full list with prices on Computer Hardware board. eBay / Classifieds is not an option right now as I don't want to sell 300 GPUs to 300 people and deal with all of them.
Dutchminer91

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:48:17 PM

Hey, just saw your post.

We mine in the Netherlands and I  actually have some German friends that do GPU mining.
As you know the demand is rather low at this moment but I think I could help you from having to sell 1 by 1.
Which I know is very shitty and takes a lot of time.
Would you be interested in having them running if it was cheap enough?
Do you have a whatsapp number or Discord ID name/id for me.  Pm me
nordmann666

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:56:49 PM

no newbie PM from newbie to newbie Sad

would take some cards if you are based in NRW (will pick up for cash)
polymer_city2

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:01:32 PM

I am interested in shipping container.

If you could get me a realistic price, I can find out about logistics to UK.

Thanks (PM me please)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: