Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:05:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FREDEnergy - The ALTCoin for Alternative Energy - POW CN-Lite V7  (Read 18697 times)
fredenrg (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:48:01 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2019, 03:37:18 PM by fredenrg

FREDEnergy (FRED) the ALTCoin for Alternative Energy

Purpose: To promote alternative Energy generation at consumer level and Fund Research into Energy Devices (FRED) by collaborating and creating partnerships with energy device inventors. To promote FRED as a payment method within the alternative energy sector.
Coin Specification:
Ticker - FRED
Algorithm – CN-Lite V7  (Forked from the highly developed TurtleCoin)
Max coins – 8,080,000,000
Premine – 7% 565,000,000 coins (10% Marketing, 20% Website/Blog and directory development, 70% Projects funding)
Blocktime – 120 seconds
Reward – approx 6750 FRED reducing over time
Features – Similar privacy features as Monero and Bytecoin
Exchanges – FRED is listed on TradeSatoshi , FinexBox , BiteBTC, FCBaccount

Whitepaper English- FREDEnergy-English Whitepaper
Whitepaper Espanol- FREDEnergy-Spanish Whitepaper
Whitepaper Russian- FREDEnergy-Russian Whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dasengineer

Activity: 434
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:54:08 AM

So how this coin is connected with alternative energy sector? There is no any details, no whitepaper, no any energy solutions on rodmap. Assess viable energy projects for funding in Q3 2019, what is this even mean? Why do you I need this coin, what is the use-case?
hashcoin

Activity: 372
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:10:30 AM

I read on the website that this freedenergy project is looking forward to donations for development costs, marketing costs, core network costs and other costs. sounds weird, does this include a social project or a charity project?
fredenrg (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:43:32 AM

So how this coin is connected with alternative energy sector? There is no any details, no whitepaper, no any energy solutions on rodmap. Assess viable energy projects for funding in Q3 2019, what is this even mean? Why do you I need this coin, what is the use-case?

The idea is similar to Teslacoin. We are aiming to fund alternative and free energy projects and therefore, FRED could be classed as a social charity project. The whitepaper is being worked on and this project, we believe has more of a purpose than 85% of the tokens/coins currently being hyped with large marketing campaigns.
We are not proposing to take over the current payment systems, health care, gaming industry or the internet.
starkovblue

Activity: 966
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:17:20 AM

You have a very low goal for such projects. 7% is this a real numbers guys?
On the one hand it shows well that you are not trying to make money on the project. On the other hand, you may simply have a shortage of money for development with time and this is very, very bad if you didnt have your alt to sale.
Are you planning any bounties in your project? For promotion and for recognizability it was needed.

Crypto is a very unique industry, where the line between "deserves to be in jail" and "leading member of the community" is as thin as one-ply toilet paper.
oioioi

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:09:15 PM

maximum of unusual coins of 8 billion and 80 million, it seems that the allocation of 80 million has been set and planned for something, is it for airdrop allocations or something? but it's not a bad idea to follow a thread

- CoinAnalyst - UNDERSTANDING CRYPTOCURRENCIES -
-  Maximize your trading profit with the CoinAnalyst A.I. Platform  -
fredenrg (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:12:21 PM

You have a very low goal for such projects. 7% is this a real numbers guys?
On the one hand it shows well that you are not trying to make money on the project. On the other hand, you may simply have a shortage of money for development with time and this is very, very bad if you didnt have your alt to sale.
Are you planning any bounties in your project? For promotion and for recognizability it was needed.
Yes 7% is quite low and the initial plan was for 15%, but we didn't want to give the wrong impression (and yes the premine will only be used for energy device projects) hence we are also welcoming donations. We have several solid ideas and plans that will be highlighted in the whitepaper, and hopefully our vision of promoting alternative and the possibility of free energy will be better received. We will be doing bounties and perhaps a faucet within the next week with the funds coming from the coins we mined during testing.
sychodan

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:30:48 PM

i mined for about an hour, then i got the notification that my ip is banned. i then reconnected with a now ip and it worked again for a few moments. now i get the error code that that i could not connect couse i have no the rights for a socket. the mining server is online so you obv banned me.

Can you tell me why? everything worked fine till then
fredenrg (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:43:14 PM

i mined for about an hour, then i got the notification that my ip is banned. i then reconnected with a now ip and it worked again for a few moments. now i get the error code that that i could not connect couse i have no the rights for a socket. the mining server is online so you obv banned me.

Can you tell me why? everything worked fine till then
The pool will automatically ban IP's that are submitting shares on a low difficulty, most ASICS should be on port 7777. Try again on a higher diff. what are you using to mine?
sychodan

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:49:26 PM

i mined with a 1080ti on 5555. so graphics cards are not alloed at youre pool?

now its working again
fredenrg (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:56:27 PM

i mined with a 1080ti on 5555. so graphics cards are not alloed at youre pool?
You can mine with anything as long as you are on the correct algorithm (Cryptonight Original) and a port that supports your share rate. The system does not discriminate between ASIC and graphics cards. Ensure you are on cryptonight original, try port 7777 and if no luck send me a pm with you address on discord.
sychodan

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:57:38 PM

ok ty very much, ill keep on mining Smiley
annapotpot

Activity: 330
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:05:18 PM

"Cryptonight Original" the one that can be mined using ASICs?
kutangterbang

Activity: 518
Merit: 134

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:42:01 PM

I also think the same as you, I see very little information about the project, how to get decent funds if the information is limited
Ros-In

Activity: 306
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:52:38 PM

Waiting for white paper.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
AppBrush

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:49:51 PM

res
Anatoliysb

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:35:47 PM

Hi!
This coin is produced only by the ASICs, or is it possible to have low power - video cards? I have 2 cards - 1070ti and 1060.

Which miner is better to use for mining cards?
PrinceJasboThe3rd

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:29:40 PM

Hi,

Can I ask what the thought behind starting with cryptonight (orig) then changing to v7 at specified block?

I just had a look at your site and pool (its an interesting idea after all) and did throw some 1080ti on it, but its like spitting in the ocean... Tongue

So just trying to get my head round this as my thinking is ASICS are grabbing all the coin now, then GPU get a look in but have much lower block reward, but at least ASICS have gone at change to V7

so I guess my question is why?

Thanks and sorry if this is a newbie question, but I am in fact a newb Smiley

Dasengineer

Activity: 434
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:46:14 PM

The idea is similar to Teslacoin. We are aiming to fund alternative and free energy projects and therefore, FRED could be classed as a social charity project. The whitepaper is being worked on and this project, we believe has more of a purpose than 85% of the tokens/coins currently being hyped with large marketing campaigns.
We are not proposing to take over the current payment systems, health care, gaming industry or the internet.

Why do you mention the useless crypto that exists from 2014 and didn't achieve anything rather than describing your own? Maybe you can clarify How exactly FRED is connected to alternative energy sector or will be connected? If you open thread here, you should be ready to answer questions, no matter tough ones or "When ICO, sir" type.
And one more thing, you don't need to have a token "to fund alternative and free energy projects". What does it even mean free energy projects? Where did you see free energy? Smiley
fredenrg (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:47:06 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2019, 12:37:40 AM by mprep

Hi,

Can I ask what the thought behind starting with cryptonight (orig) then changing to v7 at specified block?

I just had a look at your site and pool (its an interesting idea after all) and did throw some 1080ti on it, but its like spitting in the ocean... Tongue

So just trying to get my head round this as my thinking is ASICS are grabbing all the coin now, then GPU get a look in but have much lower block reward, but at least ASICS have gone at change to V7

so I guess my question is why?

Thanks and sorry if this is a newbie question, but I am in fact a newb Smiley

It is a very good question. Many of the cryptonight original coins have moved to V7 due to ASIC attacks and whilst we are aware of the implications of such an attack we decided it would be a good opportunity to get the ASIC miners on-board and help get our project established. The thinking behind this is that there isn't a great deal of coins to mine with Cryptonight ASIC's right now and a new coin with possibilities could be viewed as more attractive.
To level the playing field and mitigate the risks associated with ASIC mining of our coin, a move to V7 sometime in the future was agreed and is currently set at approximately 1 year's time. The reward will be less but not that much, it is currently at 7100 FRED and will be approx 5500 FRED at the change.

Hopefully our explanation will not upset either party.

We would also like to say thanks for all the constructive comments and criticism so far, as they are helping in a positive way.

The initial draft of our whitepaper will hopefully be ready beginning of next week with applications to exchanges.

Why do you mention the useless crypto that exists from 2014 and didn't achieve anything rather than describing your own? Maybe you can clarify How exactly FRED is connected to alternative energy sector or will be connected? If you open thread here, you should be ready to answer questions, no matter tough ones or "When ICO, sir" type.
And one more thing, you don't need to have a token "to fund alternative and free energy projects". What does it even mean free energy projects? Where did you see free energy? Smiley
Teslacoin is actually a good project and not dissimilar to ours. We are aiming to promote the adoption of alternative energy and hopefully fund research into energy devices that could one day become mainstream. Free energy research is also part of our agenda and is not a myth, Google it and take the blinkers off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: