Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:38:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Juventus Football Club Will Launch Its Own Token!  (Read 428 times)
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:04:08 PM

https://cryptocoin.news/news/juventus-football-club-goes-tokenized-20469/

It looks like more football clubs are joining in Smiley excited to see if they'll implement their tokens as a payment method for merchandise or perhaps even tickets!
sounds promising, because football lovers around the world and football are the most favorite sports. but I'm not sure these tokens will be successful in the global market. because tokens like this might only be of interest to supporters and the community.
Tszunami98

Activity: 812
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 04:44:51 PM

1. Transparency
2. Voting rights
3. Fast payments
4. Maybe fundraising for transfers
5. They want to attract people from this space, bec it is obv the future.
6. Engaging with unbanked fans from all over the world

And every single one of those points can be done without the use of blockchain or a token. Just because something can use blockchain, doesn't mean it should. Projects like this one and 99% of altcoins and tokens, that are using blockchain just because it's a "buzz-word" to get people excited, that have no legitimate need or use for blockchain technology, are simply a marketing gimmick targeted at the naive and the stupid.

Isn't the goal that blockchain should take over every industry?

No.

If you lack vision and don't understand basic things like technology is for everyone to use and on top of that call people naive and stupid just because they don't share your opinion, then i think the discussion should end here.

Blockchain's purpose is mainly to cut out the middleman, and this is what they want to achive here (i guess).
soundrum
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:58:15 PM

This is amazing, I also read that Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) is also planning to do so. This is good new, if all sports can adopt cryptocurrency then we are not far from mass adoption.
utlptc

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

DeepOnion, a new dream.

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:06:03 PM

Good news but not something big actually. Also, it is planned and who knows whether it will be launched or not. Again, it has nothing to do with our usual cryptocurrency.
Are the sources official or trusted, by the way?

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
mmacool

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:42:20 PM

I'm not even surprised. Yesterday was news that the French club PSG will make tokens for fans. Now the Italian club. I think tomorrow will be England and then it will already be a fan attribute.
bellamente

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 08:51:14 PM

Does it really become a reality?

I'm glad that it was the Italian club that first released its token!

Juventus Football Club will be able to win the Champions League next year and loudly declare its coin

leow

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:01:54 PM

It looks like more football clubs are joining in Smiley excited to see if they'll implement their tokens as a payment method for merchandise or perhaps even tickets!
Yeah, I heard about the news. Juventus is not the first football club to release its tokens. I think this is the right decision that will make it easier for fans to communicate with the club. Now fans will be able to participate in surveys, buy tickets for tokens. Wow!
bob3772

Activity: 415

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:03:51 PM

This is not my first time to see the football club interested to create their own crypto i thought that it can be used as alternative payment to buy any tickets or merchandise. But remember the problem is how they can control the volatility of the crypto? it looks a bit difficult to explain or this will become the stable currency like USDT?

My suspicion is that they'll have it fixed to the Euro but it will maybe offer a slight discount over paying with euros. Effectively functioning like some sort of loyalty scheme or gift card. It will help out with cash flow and might allow them to invest some of the unspent but invested money in to players or something else.

9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:35:14 PM

All this are quite confusing, the last time I checked it was PSG that was planning on launching it cryptocurrency, and know it juventus. One thing I know for such is that all announcement won't help altcoins growth, it all help the company archive their aims.
shendy

Activity: 602

https://i.imgur.com/BBmstUL.jpg

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:42:15 PM

I think this is to help develop the football team by opening a crypto fund. This management is well done and true will help the team in further development. Did this game jump in crypto? as an official payment method so the relationship between team and players is also going well.

hummer113

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 10:01:54 PM

With the help of tokens you can come up with a lot of quests for fans, make a table of achievements of the fan, I think it's a good idea.
(o)(o)ilikeboobs(o)(o)

Activity: 826
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:48:06 AM

haha, I don't think this a good news. it seem like everyone like to make their own coin!
that's why this market so unstable!
even that I very interested in football. I don't think this's a good idea!
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 11:16:28 AM

It's awesome... We don't know what they'll do with the tokens just yet or the pricing but it'll be exciting to watch...

Wicked Sick

Activity: 293

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 06:27:24 PM

I think the way that they are doing it is to use it to reward fans for their loyalty and I think that is great. I hope they do things like giveaways for the coins at the end of their matches and maybe during some of their games because that would be a very effective way to promote the coin to people and make them invest in it. it might just end up being a big project

ivanleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 09:53:49 PM

I do not think that the Juventus club needs monetization of their activities, but this is a strong marketing move. I think this fact will affect the popularity of the club, because the sale of Souvenirs they get the lion's share of income.
SportbetMaster

Activity: 625
Merit: 254

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:21:49 PM

it's crazy, being a fan of the juventus and seeing this topic I thought I could end up offering something with this Token like a club jersey or ticket to the stadium...
 but finally it is just token like all the other's, just a way to pick up a little money for the interest of club, but where is the interest of the fans in all this?.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:28:51 PM

Wow that will really be a massive news for crypto currency, because there are a lot of football fans all across the globe and if Juventus can succeed in doing that then other clubs will follow soon and this will make more people to know about cryptos which will make it to go mainstream

Vaniaayu

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:33:59 PM

even yesterday I read in this forum, one of the clubs in the Premier League if I am not mistaken Westham also wants to launch tokens to get funds for the benefit of his club, if Juventus penetrate too, I think that is a positive thing, provided this news is not false
Open4lies

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:36:39 PM

The current blockchain technology of cryptos, if applied in football clubs, will surely cause a lot of curiosity and interest to the audience and fans. And it is certain that if this technology is used for ticket sales, other clubs will follow and create a large ecosystem that impacts the exchange rate of the cryptocurrency market.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:37:14 PM

Really dont like the idea , for me it looks like somebody just want to grab some quick money from people :/ why they need Blockchain tokens ? Isn't its more simple to create some app with virtual coins in it ? Will not need for investments lol . All the projects where famous people / brands where involved got burnt and was only for a quick ICO money grab..
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: