Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:46:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The growing "Russians are coming" hysteria in US  (Read 335 times)
byteball (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 42

The rising tide lifts all boats

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:11:07 PM

MSNBC seems to be the main Trump-bashing channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGNp5-IFt9Q 'Vladimir Putin Owns President Donald Trump And Both' Know It | Morning Joe | MSNBC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_ElCP82A-g MSNBC: Trump Might Be A Rüssian Puppet Since 1987
etc, etc
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=msnbc+trump+putin

I particularly remember one where 5 or more TV presenters and "experts" were sitting and discussing in all seriousness (however acting badly theater-wise) how Trump
ushers Americans out of the Oval office before discussing his next steps with Russians only, and how Russians are filling the highest echelons of power.
Ominously reminds some Cold War days. Were really Russians all over US just before the collapse of Soviet Union?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bluefirecorp_

Activity: 574
Merit: 152

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:41:32 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cozy_Bear

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fancy_Bear

Staph the hax0ring?
byteball (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:48:49 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 09:02:27 AM by byteball

The Plot to Hack America: How Putin's Cyberspies and WikiLeaks Tried to Steal the 2016 Election is a non-fiction book by Malcolm Nance

What does he mean "Tried to Steal"? According to MSM, they did steal.
Hillary was supposed to be president. Saudi Arabia even paid for that USD20M to the CF.

So how Russia with her tiny GDP, even tinier military budget, brain-drained in 1990-ies and 2000-s, with intimidated, brainwashed, disoriented populace
who are also dirt-poor and genetically inferior poses such a huge threat to the "Free World"?

P.S. Web stats sites show that 18% of Bitcointalk users are from Russian-speaking countries.
I wonder how much of them have IP from another country, but their native tongue is still Russian.
I mean those who emigrated starting from 1990.
bluefirecorp_

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:39:08 AM

Don't forget this Putin-Trump link; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump%E2%80%93Russia_dossier
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 03:55:31 PM
Merited by Vod (1)

As a resident of the USA, I should note for everyone else in the world, you might get the impression that all that is on our minds all day is Russia, Russia, Russia due to the media coverage. However I can assure you that average folks couldn't give a shit less and know it is all a symptom of domestic political mud slinging. Frankly, I personally find China far more of a threat than Russia.
byteball (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:07:35 PM

Frankly, I personally find China far more of a threat than Russia.
That would be a sensible thing to suppose, taking into account that:
1) Chinese are fundamentally different psychologically, you cannot read them or empathise the same way;
2) their language is not Indo-European (and, according to some linguists, is the only language not in the Nostratic super-family);
3) their writing is not derived from Egyptian hyerogliphs, they have their own symbolism for writing;
4) they might well be [different] aliens, in sci-fi sense, why not.
byteball (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:32:43 PM

There are also Putin-Bush link, Putin-Clinton link, Yatsenyuk-Biden-Nuland-Manafort link and many others.
World has links. World is connected.

So I get it Russian hackers hacked Hillary. Exposed her dirty underwear like Uranium One deal. What is the damage?
Who is harmed? A small circle of parasites in DC who wanted to frame Russia and Syria in alleged non-proliferation violation,
by planting some Uranium somewhere in Syria?
And maybe, just maybe, those hackers were not Russians. Maybe Assange ordered that. Who knows who's behind Assange. I don't care.
I get it there's Edward Snowden who's "a total traitor, there's capital punishment bla bla" but whom did he harm?
A small circle of traitors within secret services who spied on everyone including foreign leaders...
In the interest of "National Security" of course, the same National Security that prompted devastation of Iraq.
And even then, there were no convictions. And Hillary is still walking free, however Clintons had to refund the Saudis
those $20 millions staked on her stealing POTUS seat.
bluefirecorp_

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:55:22 PM

There are also Putin-Bush link, Putin-Clinton link, Yatsenyuk-Biden-Nuland-Manafort link and many others.
World has links. World is connected.

So I get it Russian hackers hacked Hillary. Exposed her dirty underwear like Uranium One deal. What is the damage?
Who is harmed? A small circle of parasites in DC who wanted to frame Russia and Syria in alleged non-proliferation violation,
by planting some Uranium somewhere in Syria?
And maybe, just maybe, those hackers were not Russians. Maybe Assange ordered that. Who knows who's behind Assange. I don't care.
I get it there's Edward Snowden who's "a total traitor, there's capital punishment bla bla" but whom did he harm?
A small circle of traitors within secret services who spied on everyone including foreign leaders...
In the interest of "National Security" of course, the same National Security that prompted devastation of Iraq.
And even then, there were no convictions. And Hillary is still walking free, however Clintons had to refund the Saudis
those $20 millions staked on her stealing POTUS seat.

Uhhhh...

The Steel Dossier highlights corruption between Trump and Putin. It doesn't really mention Clinton at all.
If you're interested in the actual hacking attempt of the DNC, you should read this indictment of the Russian hackers:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/grand-jury-indicts-12-russian-intelligence-officers-hacking-offenses-related-2016-election

https://www.justice.gov/file/1080281/download

Of course, you're probably too retarded to understand what "spearphishing" actually means, so the indictment will fly way over your head. Probably best to stick to the news briefings for an idiot such as yourself.
byteball (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 06:13:15 AM

Uhhhh...

The Steel Dossier highlights corruption between Trump and Putin. It doesn't really mention Clinton at all.
If you're interested in the actual hacking attempt of the DNC, you should read this indictment of the Russian hackers:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/grand-jury-indicts-12-russian-intelligence-officers-hacking-offenses-related-2016-election

Of course, you're probably too retarded to understand what "spearphishing" actually means, so the indictment will fly way over your head. Probably best to stick to the news briefings for an idiot such as yourself.
Does "spearphishing" mean this?

how Trump ushers Americans out of the Oval office before discussing his next steps with Russians only, and how Russians are filling the highest echelons of power

You wanted to corroborate Red Alert, Red Heat class hysterics with some proofs about hackers. Not impressive.
Did those hackers blow up a nuclear plant? No. Did those hacker cause a blackout? Hell no.
Did they harm a little venomous politician of yours named Hillary? Allegedly, yes. Highly Likely.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 12:36:11 PM

Ominously reminds some Cold War days. Were really Russians all over US just before the collapse of Soviet Union?

Not even close. Russia was the archenemy during the Cold War and Russia had severe migration restrictions back then. Brighton Beach is not "all over US". There were probably lots of spies though.

Then there was a period of "thaw", with some progress in defusing the tensions.

Now Russia is severely diminished politically end economically, and more people can leave so there are probably more Russian immigrants in the US but fewer spies. However these days you don't have to travel to interfere in elections and cause other havoc. That's what the concern in the US is about. Trump sucking up to Putin is just a result of his 239-pound ego - he can't possibly admit that his election was somehow affected by Russian meddling. Aside from that, the US government considers the Russian interference a serious threat, as any sovereign state would.

Watching MSNBC is not going tell you anything useful about the US, don't waste your time.
byteball (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:11:38 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2018, 04:31:45 PM by byteball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkRzxiE5eYE TheDuran: Russia hysteria gave us social media censorship
19:50 Alexander Mercouris draws parallel between perception of Jews in Europe of the past with today's perception of Russians. I would paraphrase, Russians are the "new Jews".

From viewers' comments:
Book: "The Unconscious Civilization" by John Ralston Saul (on Amazon): "In this intellectual tour de force John Ralston Saul argues that our society is only superficially based on the individual and democracy, and the West now toils unconsciously in the grip of a stifling “corporatist” structure that serves the needs of business managers and technocrats as it promotes the segmentation of society into competing interest groups and ethnic blocks."

Interesting, that the antagonist villain of recent movie "Jonny English 3.0" (and it's actually funny, Monty-Python sort of funny) is a technocrat from Silicon Valley.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 08:22:18 PM

1) Chinese are fundamentally different psychologically, you cannot read them or empathise the same way;
2) their language is not Indo-European (and, according to some linguists, is the only language not in the Nostratic super-family);
3) their writing is not derived from Egyptian hyerogliphs, they have their own symbolism for writing;

That is an extensive list and one that many may find somewhat maybe a little bit too 'much' in a sense. However, there are some truths in there also.
bluefirecorp_

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:37:20 PM

Uhhhh...

Does "spearphishing" mean this?

No. If you actually it's just emailing pretending to be someone else in a specifically targeted campaign. Pretend that I knew your email address and it's byteball@bitcoinlovers.com.

Well, you normally trust mail from bitcointalk to that address. So, knowing that bitcointalk always emails out notices (like for personal messages) from no-reply@bitcointalk.org, I can do target you specifically.

So, there's a few different ways, I could just email you with any ol' server out on the internet and spoof the header to that, but ahah! There's safeguards1 to prevent that. So instead, I just buy [phishing]org and hope you don't notice the typo. Ideally, I'd really use bïtcointalk.org to your specific email account while sending you an actual PM. To you, it'd look like a duplicate message, but in reality, my version could have a malicious link to https://bïcointalk.org. Sadly, due to security measures, I'd have to trick you into logging in again, so in reality, I'd just link to your general profile for the first message (or two) before sending a single fraudulent message asking you to reset your password.

1"v=spf1 mx a ip4:52.45.214.107 include:amazonses.com -all"

---

The point is, if the general public can't even understand what the hell spearphishing is, how will they understand cyber warfare. We're actively engaged in it, it's literally a warzone online.
byteball (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:57:28 PM

The point is, if the general public can't even understand what the hell spearphishing is, how will they understand cyber warfare. We're actively engaged in it, it's literally a warzone online.
That's the thing. It does not take rocket scientist to fool an average computer user.
And technocrats will surely use it to advance their sinister goals, see my comment about the plot of Jonny English 3.0
Not just Russian ones.

That is an extensive list and one that many may find somewhat maybe a little bit too 'much' in a sense. However, there are some truths in there also.
If you meant 4) about alien ancestry I'm OK with that, just wanted to throw in something really sinister about the Chinese Cheesy
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 04:59:51 AM

Or maybe just the little detail that they are a Communist totalitarian dictatorship... no biggie... but you are right it MUST just be because they are different than me xD
byteball (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 12:20:45 PM

Or maybe just the little detail that they are a Communist totalitarian dictatorship... no biggie... but you are right it MUST just be because they are different than me xD
What is especially Communist about them? They are not building communism, they have mixed (market + state) economy same as other superpowers.
Their state controls ideology entirely, which might be a good thing if due to that they have no transgenders, chemtrails, harmful vaccines etc.
Rather than "divide and conquer" as a way to control society, they seem to practice "social credit" system where those who behave in a "non-Chinese way" (unamerican would be an analogue) will be punished by isolation from the rest of society. Pariah-sort of thing.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 05:04:26 PM

What is especially Communist about them? They are not building communism, they have mixed (market + state) economy same as other superpowers.
Their state controls ideology entirely, which might be a good thing if due to that they have no transgenders, chemtrails, harmful vaccines etc.
Rather than "divide and conquer" as a way to control society, they seem to practice "social credit" system where those who behave in a "non-Chinese way" (unamerican would be an analogue) will be punished by isolation from the rest of society. Pariah-sort of thing.

Give me a fucking break. Next you are going to tell me there was never any 'true' Communism. China is ABSOLUTELY Communist, economically and ideologically. If you would like a absolute spanking on this subject please do keep arguing they are not Communist.
evergreendog

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 12:50:47 AM

I think its just more fear mongering so the US can keep approving these giant military budgets.  They want people to be scared so they have the support of the citizens for military spending.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 06:21:27 AM

I think its just more fear mongering so the US can keep approving these giant military budgets.  They want people to be scared so they have the support of the citizens for military spending.
  Certainly, however this is not exclusive of actual threats also.
bluefirecorp_

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:41:24 PM

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/alerts/TA18-276B

Targeting service providers now ._.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: