Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:53:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So many online stores doing dropshipping from China, is quality sacrificed?  (Read 90 times)
UconBit (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:14:55 PM

I've been reading about dropshipping from reddit and I realized just how saturated and how may online stores are doing dropshipping from China. That said, do you feel like the quality of the products are being sacrificed because of this?
Also, will there be a way for AI tech to like filter real reviews from fake ones? Of course, not everything from China is of low quality, but it would be great if there will be a way to get real reviews from real people filtered via AI or some other tech that could do this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 02:19:15 PM

I've been reading about dropshipping from reddit and I realized just how saturated and how may online stores are doing dropshipping from China. That said, do you feel like the quality of the products are being sacrificed because of this?

Objects are not poor quality because they come from China.  They are poor quality because cost was a factor.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SnowAugustine

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:48:56 PM

Also, will there be a way for AI tech to like filter real reviews from fake ones? Of course, not everything from China is of low quality, but it would be great if there will be a way to get real reviews from real people filtered via AI or some other tech that could do this.
Artificial intelligence can indeed do that so it would depend on google or whatever search engine if they are going to make use of it. If they could find a pattern on how fake reviews are done then we will get better user reviews to rely on.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:11:57 PM

I wouldn't make a blanket condemnation of every dropshippable item you can find online, particularly at Alibaba. You need to proceed in a case by case basis. This is also the reason why you succeed initially at dropshipping when you are more careful and choosy about the stuff you offer, because you can do more research on the manufacturers. But, when sucess makes you scale, such 'micro-managing' research becomes difficult or impossible, and then the whole op turns sloppy.

If you can steer around these obstacles, this is a lucrative field for 'easy money' where once you set up ops, minimal further attention is needed.
Jimbable

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:29:37 PM

Also, will there be a way for AI tech to like filter real reviews from fake ones?

I'm pretty certain there is one already, at least it works on youtube, it marks bots' comments, so you can see, which on is which. There is probably some add-on or script that works the same way on big platforms, as ebay or alibaba(express etc.)
rohitkaira

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:40:08 AM

quality depends on price you pay, if you look around the best quality products are made in china and also poor quality products are made in china, other issue is inconsistency in quality and specification from dropshippers
scarystorytime

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 01:40:32 AM

I bought this "cardigan" off of amazon for a normal price. It looked nice in the picture. When I got it, it was an ugly, over-sized, tunic looking thing that was made out of cheap, flimsy business shirt fabric and had the buttons sewn down the front as if it was supposed to open but didn't. It was absolutely hideous. It was also shipped from China. They sell cubic zirconia rings that are marked S925 and you know they aren't. I don't even think I'm going to buy from amazon any longer. You can't tell where you junk comes from. Sadly, many of these companies let you slap a brand name on them and pretend like you are the owner. That is why you see 5 different items with different brands and what they all are are cheap knock-offs with a "drop ship biz" name on them. Save your money. Shop local and support your local people if possible.
UconBit (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:44:16 AM

Objects are not poor quality because they come from China.  They are poor quality because cost was a factor.

I mentioned that
Of course, not everything from China is of low quality, but it would be great if there will be a way to get real reviews from real people filtered via AI or some other tech that could do this.

It is obvious though from a lot of negative reviews that people are receiving their orders from China and are not happy about it. It is also possible that there are good products that come from China but were ordered in Amazon. So Amazon should develop an AI that would weed fake reviews written by a bot or not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: