Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 09:38:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Z9 (Big) Release (Over Clocking)  (Read 304 times)
matt6412 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:53:21 PM

Bitmain has shipped finally the Z9 Big which does 42ksol and has 2 modes: Balance and Turbo .

Turbo allows you to get 49-50k sols while balance gives you closer to stock range of 42k-44ksol.

I have tried to go into the cgminer.conf files and edit the over clock over 550 but the firmware will not allow you to go past this mark.  Im guessing this is written inside cgminer? Or perhaps the whole firmware itself, considering its all open source, maybe we can figure out a way to get around this and modify this so we can go over 550mhz because this machine has a lot more capability than what its mining .

Ideas?

https://github.com/bitmaintech/cgminer

https://service.bitmain.com/support/download?product=Antminer%20Z9
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:14:49 AM

Really not sure how to respond to this given the thread just a couple of spots down from yours....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036968.0

-j

matt6412 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:09:22 AM

Oh thanks man! I just checked it out , interesting im downloading the firmware and analyzing how he did it and have a dev friend of mine working on a way also to juice it up. 

cheers!
efudd

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:23:45 AM

Oh thanks man! I just checked it out , interesting im downloading the firmware and analyzing how he did it and have a dev friend of mine working on a way also to juice it up. 

cheers!

Good luck and watch out for dragons!

-j

matt6412 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:15:02 PM

I'd really like to figure out how he did it and just release it for free, I don't like people charging fees for open source software. If anything asking for donation is ok. Actively working on this 😀
efudd

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:15:21 PM

I'd really like to figure out how he did it and just release it for free, I don't like people charging fees for open source software. If anything asking for donation is ok. Actively working on this 😀

Yeah, I'm with you. I'd like to know how he did it also.

-j

matt6412 (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 10:40:07 PM

Yeah, I'm with you. I'd like to know how he did it also.

-j

lol you are funny.  and honestly deserve fee charged, you went through a lot of work to figure it out, as I am learning lol.  Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: