Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:38:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Admins, what do you think about creating a list of all scammers in Bounties  (Read 302 times)
Ardavan2150 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 12:56:18 AM
Merited by DarkStar_ (1)

Hi admins and everyone else on the forum.

If you are participating in bounty campaigns, you can see a lot of people who are trying to steal your identity. My Bitcointalk username was used three times with fake telegram and twitter account whenever an authentication form was not needed.

I am thinking that we can have a spreadsheet of eveyone who do this kinda of dishonest behavior. I myself can take care of validating every single entry. If I am "newbie"ish, one you the more trusted admins can do this if they have the time.

Generally, what do you guys think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 01:00:56 AM

You have good intentions, but this wouldn't work. I can easily submit a bounty form with someone else's bitcointalk name & twitter name to frame them and make them a "scammer". I think it's better to ask for an address change to 'steal' from the scammers (if the bounty allows it) to discourage them, and avoid the bounties without authentication.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Ardavan2150 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:24:53 AM

You have good intentions, but this wouldn't work. I can easily submit a bounty form with someone else's bitcointalk name & twitter name to frame them and make them a "scammer". I think it's better to ask for an address change to 'steal' from the scammers (if the bounty allows it) to discourage them, and avoid the bounties without authentication.

Thanks for your input. I agree with your point. I'll think about it some more to come up with a better plan.
Strufmbae

Activity: 486
Merit: 27

HIRE ME FOR SMALL TASK

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:29:21 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 11:30:49 AM by Strufmbae

Where do this spreadsheet of  list of names gonna be pinned?  Reputation section or scam accusation?  I was able to remember the wannabe yahoo62278 trying to debate the issue about the icoforum if i am not mistaken,  but, the blacklist list of smas manager can help if someboy wants to check.

Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:27:27 AM

You can report to the bounty manager and they can track them using their wallet address, (this must be theirs) and maybe track their submissions in previous campaigns using that wallet address.
It's also possible that they impersonated in previous campaigns as well. But if there was no report made by anyone, then maybe not.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 07:32:53 AM

Just ban the scammy bounty hunter.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:49:01 AM

You can report to the bounty manager and they can track them using their wallet address, (this must be theirs) and maybe track their submissions in previous campaigns using that wallet address.
It's also possible that they impersonated in previous campaigns as well. But if there was no report made by anyone, then maybe not.
What about they just create new address every time they fill out those forms? Maybe you can catch some but surely majority of those scammers were already knew this like those guys are unbelievable hence clever.

Just ban the scammy bounty hunter.
And we can do a thread like what LoyceV had on plagiarism.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16609

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 12:49:19 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (1)

My Bitcointalk username was used three times with fake telegram and twitter account whenever an authentication form was not needed.
An easy solution would be to scrape your Eth addy from the Location field in your profile. Even Google Docs can automate that.
If any bounty manager cares: I can easily provide this list of scraped addresses as a service.

But I assume bounty managers love the thousands of bumps with "authentication" spam in their threads, and most of them don't care about fake entries.

Lumi3004

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:22:47 PM

For me personally, if this happens, I immediately PM the bounty project and prove that I am the original account and delete the fake one,
The best solution is:
The name of the telegram, twitter, facebook, is the same as the account name. easier to manager to detect original and fake.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:13:21 PM

What you will do if the user is giving wallet address of another user just for purpose of framing that user?

But I assume bounty managers love the thousands of bumps with "authentication" spam in their threads, and most of them don't care about fake entries.

Bounty Manager and ICO is not going  to care if they continue to pay in their token and using stake system on top of it.
It does not matter to them to distribute their token between 10 participant or 20. Their allocation remain same.

Suggestion: Boycott these bounties.

I am alive
Ardavan2150 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:18:30 PM

Where do this spreadsheet of  list of names gonna be pinned?  Reputation section or scam accusation?  I was able to remember the wannabe yahoo62278 trying to debate the issue about the icoforum if i am not mistaken,  but, the blacklist list of smas manager can help if someboy wabts to check.

Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking. Pinning it to the top of reputation section. Well, the issue is I don't think the bounty managers care/have the time to do it. But Let's say, I can create the list and someone else can check and leave a negative trust for the account in person. That's it.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 10:25:12 PM

My Bitcointalk username was used three times with fake telegram and twitter account whenever an authentication form was not needed.
An easy solution would be to scrape your Eth addy from the Location field in your profile. Even Google Docs can automate that.
If any bounty manager cares: I can easily provide this list of scraped addresses as a service.

If any bounty manager cares: Should be quite easy to scrape with Google Docs. Send me a PM and I'll create a formula that scrapes for you for free.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
k0er
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:41:41 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 01:59:05 AM by k0er
Merited by DarkBullet (1)

Hi admins and everyone else on the forum.

If you are participating in bounty campaigns, you can see a lot of people who are trying to steal your identity. My Bitcointalk username was used three times with fake telegram and twitter account whenever an authentication form was not needed.

I am thinking that we can have a spreadsheet of eveyone who do this kinda of dishonest behavior. I myself can take care of validating every single entry. If I am "newbie"ish, one you the more trusted admins can do this if they have the time.

Generally, what do you guys think?

I can't understand this problem. There is must be Proof of Authenticity (participation). You mean some managers don't use it? so they don`t care about protection from multiaccounts, for them the main thing that social profiles were different and as much as possible. In this case, the purpose for which they are asked to specify a forum account names? So then there was an opportunity to present a claim? on what grounds?

The fact that the user's name is used without his knowledge, shouldn`t be his problem.

Bounty campaigns must use POA:
1. For their own protection from multi-accounts. If they are not interested in it, then:
2. In this case, they don`t have the right to make claims to the owners of the forum accounts. Their claims should be directed solely at accounts of social networks, telegrams and others, in other words those accounts that directly perform bounty tasks (reposts, tweets, articles).
it's their problem, not the users of the forum.

Proof of Authenticity solves this problem.

1.Enter your ETH address in the "Location" field in your profile and save.

2.Use the resource archive.is (archive.li) to save the profile page with the address.

3.When the save is complete, the link in the address bar will be needed to confirm the POA in google form.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood something.

Its may be better than Proof of BUMP Authenticity

YANDEX
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:58:34 AM

This might help. If they are using your username and profile link but using a different address, check and see if there is any blockchain transaction to that wallet. If there is, try to search it on google or on the search bar of this forum. It appears sometimes but still depends if that wallet is posted to any thread or articles. If it is a newly created wallet address then that scammer will give you hard time to locate them. You can report them when you find it and don't hesitate to leave a negative trust to that account with your reference. better save it to https://imgur.com/ in case the thread or spreadsheet will be deleted.

I can't understand this problem. There is must be Proof of Authenticity (participation). You mean some managers don't use it? so they don`t care about protection from multiaccounts, for them the main thing that social profiles were different and as much as possible. In this case, the purpose for which they are asked to specify a forum account names? So then there was an opportunity to present a claim? on what grounds?

The fact that the user's name is used without his knowledge, shouldn`t be his problem.

Bounty campaigns must use POA:
1. For their own protection from multi-accounts. If they are not interested in it, then:
2. In this case, they don`t have the right to make claims to the owners of the forum accounts. Their claims should be directed solely at accounts of social networks, telegrams and others, in other words those accounts that directly perform bounty tasks (reposts, tweets, articles).
it's their problem, not the users of the forum.

Proof of Authenticity solves this problem.

I hope that all bounty campaigns will do the same method and this will surely minimize identity theft and multiple account participation.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 05:57:30 AM

Just post on Reputation board after caught them. Since bounty isn't moderated by forum DT will handle this with trust system. I think it will not happened if managers asking for proof of authentication. It's mostly depend on managers how they are going to manage bounty. Unfortunately there isn't any guidelines for bounty managers. I am working on it to make a draft, I will post it soon for community. Perhaps moderator or admin could consider for few guidelines for BM.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██