Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:18:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you look for in a project's token?  (Read 53 times)
kaopxa (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 01:09:46 AM

My big problem with most projects' tokenomics is that they are at odds with user acquisition. If a fixed number of tokens are minted, and users need tokens to operate the platform, new user incentives (a cheap platform) and token holder incentives (increased token price) are totally misaligned.

Do you guys have anything, positive or negative, that you always look for when researching a project?
titanslayerz

Activity: 83
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:14:57 AM

i've always look first if the team behind the project are legit or not, and then if they will have a working product that is feasible.

█        ▄▄▄▄  █  the cryptocurrency of the future
█▀▀▄  █▄▄█  █  LIGHTNING FAST TRANSACTIONS
█▄▄▀  █▄▄▄  █▄▄▄AND THE LOWEST FEES
FreeAirdrops

Activity: 179
Merit: 6

Infleum

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 01:17:01 AM

When I see an ICO I multiply their token price by the total number of coins. And some set an absolutely unrealistic market cap. And I only invest in projects that I think have an actual use case.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
faza13

Activity: 518
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 01:18:45 AM

My big problem with most projects' tokenomics is that they are at odds with user acquisition. If a fixed number of tokens are minted, and users need tokens to operate the platform, new user incentives (a cheap platform) and token holder incentives (increased token price) are totally misaligned.

Do you guys have anything, positive or negative, that you always look for when researching a project?
we think the same, I also thought about things like this, not if the price of tokens becomes more expensive, it means that the platform is easy and cheap so it fails to be truly realized.
or is it true that the ICO with Tokensomics is just an event to raise funds from investors? and for the realization of the product, it might be different again, I don't know

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: