Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:18:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason behind the decline in the Cryptocurrency market in 2018  (Read 94 times)
tanakamiku (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 06:43:19 AM

The Cryptocurrency market has experienced a very drastic decline. The price of crypto coins has dropped further in recent months. Of course many wonder what factors have a negative impact on the crypto market. Following this I try to summarize some of the factors that might be the cause:

1. The Chinese government prohibits all websites offering cryptocurrency trading services, and considers closing all local exchanges there.
2. Google prohibits Cryptocurrency advertising.
3. The South Korean government created a new rule requiring all traders (traders) to identify with their real names, and checked the suitability of their wallet details with information on local banks.
4. Sales with a large-scale sale method.
5. Speculation of losses at the Crypto market.
6. Regulatory changes to the Crypto market.
7. Increasing hacking cases, losing coins, and decreasing investor confidence.

However, there is certainly the possibility of other factors. Please add if you know it.

I request permission to create this thread. Sorry if anyone ever discussed this. Some threads that may be related to this discussion I have attached the link above.

~ Thank you ~
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:06:12 AM

The Cryptocurrency market has experienced a very drastic decline. The price of crypto coins has dropped further in recent months. Of course many wonder what factors have a negative impact on the crypto market. Following this I try to summarize some of the factors that might be the cause:

1. The Chinese government prohibits all websites offering cryptocurrency trading services, and considers closing all local exchanges there.
3. The South Korean government created a new rule requiring all traders (traders) to identify with their real names, and checked the suitability of their wallet details with information on local banks.

However, there is certainly the possibility of other factors. Please add if you know it.

I request permission to create this thread. Sorry if anyone ever discussed this. Some threads that may be related to this discussion I have attached the link above.

~ Thank you ~
i will not try to consider all of the news that you have mentioned above me. Remember this is a speculation market, when there was a pump and it should have followed by the dump too. A lot of people are betting on the bitcoin ETF and that should be included on the all of the reasons that give a contribution to the bearish trend of the crypto.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:38:13 AM

indeed some of the reasons that you say are very reasonable and affect the market. but have you ever thought that all the news was intentionally created to influence the market?

crypto market is very sensitive and has a very high risk, so the slightest thing can affect the market. if we keep thinking about this then we cannot develop and are always afraid to invest in crypto.
tobatz23

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:57:14 AM

~ Thank you ~

YEs indeed, not only chinese goverment but also other powerful countries that banning cryptocurrency have a high impact why cryptocurrency crash. This is to either prevent their people from speculating or to prevent them from having untraceable secret transactions which can be used for money laundering.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:50:44 AM

you can always try to come up with reasons to explain a phenomenon but that doesn't mean the reasons you came up with are correct. it just means you made a guess and failed which is the case here. none of the things you mentioned here have anything to do with prices let alone be the reason for the drop.

the reason is actually a pretty simple and obvious one. it is because of pump and dumps and lack of usage hence lack of real demand for altcoins. when the demand only consists of speculators we end up with rise and falls based on their speculation and 0 adoption. as a result pump and dumps happen. which means every pump (2017 pumping season) will be inevitably followed by a dump (the dumping season of 2018).

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:59:55 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 11:02:01 AM by tee-rex

~ Thank you ~

If you ask me, there's one main factor that produced the imminent crash of the market and that was rampant speculation. Naturally, it couldn't last forever, so the crash was sort of set in stone. There could have been a certain factor which triggered the actual downfall at a specific moment, but without it there would be another one and so on. Technically, the prices had become unsustainable and the avalanche of sell-offs quickly ensued, which landed the price where it is now. And now might not be the end of it as there are still repercussions going on through the cryptoverse.
ND_INVEST

Activity: 102
Merit: 3

Purchase real estate and cars at discounted prices

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 09:00:35 AM

I suppose you are right about points expressed in 1, 3, while some others can be doubtful. For instance, problems with hacks occurred before and I am not sure that there are really more hacks now than there used to be. I am also not sure I understand what you mean by #4. Is it about the whales manipulating the market? And what are speculation losses? Could you elaborate more on this topic? Regulations are still on their early stage and I am not sure that it affects the price right now.
As for Google ban, it was one of the big reasons before, but the news is old now, so I don't think it affects the current situation.
I agree with Iyeman, that you  should add to the list the point about SEC declining ETF applications. There've been three major price drops over the last two months related to this issue. And SEC might continue to affect the market, since new applications are filed and new rejections are most likely on their way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: