Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:51:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For those, who wait BTC to "skyrocket" again.  (Read 652 times)
dohh (OP)

Activity: 332
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:26:52 AM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/6531388/bitcoin-price-manipulation-crypto-scam-tether-bitfinex/

Better dont. Its just a scam, no more. It has not got any better, than mt gox. If anything, it goes only worse. BTC is possibly the biggest monetary crime of all time.
cyriljundos

Activity: 432
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:32:10 AM

that everyone is waiting for the BTC to rise again and so we can recover and this is the right time for us to invest in the BTC

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3853

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:37:15 AM

That doesn't make any sense at all. Sure, Tether(USDT) could actually be illiquid(as speculated by some, due to the lack of audit), but calling bitcoin a scam just because some people are able to manipulate the price of BTC through Tether(USDT) is utter nonsense.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:37:27 AM

the Tether nonsense FUD is starting to get too old. you should try coming up with some sort of new FUD to spread in hopes of a lower price so you can make short term profit from bitcoin.

https://www.ccn.com/tether-no-real-impact-on-bitcoin-price-university-researcher/

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:49:05 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 10:18:38 AM by DooMAD
Merited by dbshck (2)

A few things:

Firstly, that particular gutter rag you're linking to is not a source of journalistic integrity.  You might as well just ask Rupert Murdoch what he thinks directly.

Secondly, any problems with Tether and Bitfinex are precisely that.  Problems with those things and not problems with Bitcoin.  Tether and Bitfinex could both disappear tomorrow and Bitcoin would continue to churn out blocks and function as normal.  

Thirdly, people manipulating the price is nothing new.  To be blunt, who honestly cares about people who are waiting for the fiat price to skyrocket?  They're not overly important in the grand scheme of things.  None of that hollow gambling detracts from Bitcoin's resilience, security, freedom and utility.  Contrary to popular belief, Bitcoin was not designed as a tool for speculation.  If you think it was, you're missing out.  Greater future purchasing power is just the "icing on the cake".

And finally, the derivatives market is currently the biggest monetary crime of all time and you're frankly gormless if you can't recognise that.  
project_delta

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 09:51:31 AM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/6531388/bitcoin-price-manipulation-crypto-scam-tether-bitfinex/

Better dont. Its just a scam, no more. It has not got any better, than mt gox. If anything, it goes only worse. BTC is possibly the biggest monetary crime of all time.
Why is there so much negativity around? The cost shall rise even after all of this, might if I call. propaganda towards the Bitcoin!
This year will allow only the believers to enter the big world of it, and the rest of the world will watch next year!

PROJECT DELTA
Shaping the Future of Blockchain
Project DELTA develops a game-changing Blockchain Protocol; projectdelta.io/
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:52:01 AM

the Tether nonsense FUD is starting to get too old. you should try coming up with some sort of new FUD to spread in hopes of a lower price so you can make short term profit from bitcoin.

https://www.ccn.com/tether-no-real-impact-on-bitcoin-price-university-researcher/

I recommend very strongly at least some basic source criticism! I picked very carefully to post article from more or less neutral source, You answer with a counter-argument of crypto-enthusiast source! CMON!
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:54:22 AM

That doesn't make any sense at all. Sure, Tether(USDT) could actually be illiquid(as speculated by some, due to the lack of audit), but calling bitcoin a scam just because some people are able to manipulate the price of BTC through Tether(USDT) is utter nonsense.

Its not. You just need some mathematical thinking, to understand the proportion of speculation and manipulation in BTC price. This is all money, someone has to lose, because criminal activity!
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:58:42 AM

A few things:

Firstly, that particular gutter rag you're linking to is not a source of journalistic integrity.  You might as well just ask Rupert Murdoch what he thinks directly.

Secondly, any problems with Tether and Bitfinex are precisely that.  Problems with those things and not problems with Bitcoin.  Tether and Bitfinex could both disappear tomorrow and Bitcoin would continue to churn out blocks and function as normal.  

Thirdly, people manipulating the price is nothing new.  To be blunt, who honestly cares about people who are waiting for the fiat price to skyrocket?  They're not overly important in the grand scheme of things.  None of that hollow gambling detracts from Bitcoin's resilience, security, freedom and utility.  Contrary to popular belief, Bitcoin was not designed as a tool for speculation.  If you think it was, you're missing out.  

And finally, the derivatives market is currently the biggest monetary crime of all time and you're frankly gormless if you can't recognise that.  

1) I agree, I have to work further with this lead.

2) You have a lot of merit, You know very well, how things are linked and how much BTC can be manipulated via change platvorms.

3) Price manipulation combined with this easiness-anonymousness-amount is quite extraordinary. I dont know why BTC was created, but I know, how BTC mining was created. As a pyramid.
dablatair

Activity: 324
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:00:32 AM

Hello,

Really an non-sense correlation between Thether and BTC. Thether could potentially be in trouble due to lack of audits and bad use of it just to make profits.

BTC is a real technology that have much more power and interest than only his value. Yes the price has lots of volatility but this is the consequence of people and whales investing in it just to make profit without taking in consideration the use of the blockchain itself for so many uses.

It is not only a paper action or in a computer, it is a technology.

If volatility is a scam then what is classic stock exchange ??
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:03:28 AM

Hello,

Really an non-sense correlation between Thether and BTC. Thether could potentially be in trouble due to lack of audits and bad use of it just to make profits.

BTC is a real technology that have much more power and interest than only his value. Yes the price has lots of volatility but this is the consequence of people and whales investing in it just to make profit without taking in consideration the use of the blockchain itself for so many uses.

It is not only a paper action or in a computer, it is a technology.

If volatility is a scam then what is classic stock exchange ??

Fair volatility is not scam, but market reaction to news, supply, demand, macro-economy etc. Systematically planned volatility always scams someone, either buy cheating their assets out at too low price or selling them something overpriced.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:03:37 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 10:16:51 AM by DooMAD

I dont know why BTC was created, but I know, how BTC mining was created. As a pyramid.

Put simply, mining was a crucial ingredient in solving the double spend problem without putting a centralised entity in control of the network.  It also helps ensure there's always more financial incentive to follow the rules than to attack the network.  It's likely we wouldn't be here having this conversation without that particular element of satoshi's creation.

Also, rather than posting multiple replies in a row, it's generally considered good form to make one post with multiple quotes in it to respond to each point.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:10:25 AM

I recommend very strongly at least some basic source criticism! I picked very carefully to post article from more or less neutral source, You answer with a counter-argument of crypto-enthusiast source! CMON!

if you bothered enough to read the article instead of putting your head in the sand and scream your FUD some more, then you would have seen that the article is referencing an academic study done by economics department of a university in Australia and published in an economics journal.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:10:42 AM

I dont know why BTC was created, but I know, how BTC mining was created. As a pyramid.

Put simply, mining was a crucial ingredient in solving the double spend problem without putting a centralised entity in control of the network.  It also helps ensure there's always more financial incentive to follow the rules than to attack the network.  It's likely we wouldn't be here having this conversation without that particular element of satoshi's creation.

Exactly. If mining is crucial ingredient, then BTC is either badly planned product or created as cheat. Because mining in this way is NOT VIABLE PROCESS. Mining ROI approaching to zero at high speed and mining complexity approaching to infinity quickly. Blockchain size doubled every 1,5 years, even with number of transactions standing at place!! If BTC will not get additional traffic, blockchain size would still be 180 TB in 15 years!!

PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:14:51 AM

I encourage everyone to just post valuable and positive information about bitcoin. You are not helping the community in making profit and building a good name for bitcoin. If you don't have any positive news to post just don't bother posting it. We are all here for the development of this technology and some of us are trying to destroy this awesome innovation with these kinds of negative posts. If bitcoin will skyrocket only those people who believes in the technology will surely profit.
dohh (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:18:12 AM

if you bothered enough to read the article instead of putting your head in the sand and scream your FUD some more, then you would have seen that the article is referencing an academic study done by economics department of a university in Australia and published in an economics journal.

If You gave me Nasdaq article, we would not had this issue. I dont read any pro-crypto articles, that come from crypto-enthusiast sources, that is pointless.

Anyway, thanks, I will study background of this lecturer and his study more closely and leave answer to this open at the moment.
ambisyon

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:26:00 AM

I disagree with OP since I don't think btc is not a scam and a monetary crime as mentioned by the author. However, I respect your opinion since everyone is entitled on their own. Most of the investors are into holding btc since this will not only stay in this current level instead btc will make a rally in the coming moths where it will improve it's price value as expected. There are more btc supporters than haters and it is expanding day by day where I think it has a very brighter future ahead.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
voron83-05

Activity: 434

Pozess - The Photo Sharing Fashion Marketplace Tha

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 11:19:20 AM

Of course we are waiting !!  It can not be in any other way.  If you look at the statistics of past years, the more interest rises, the more will be its price.  Especially now there are many bigger farms that are not just Bitcoin mines and other crypto-currencies. Wink

♠ POZESS ♠
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
GazorpPozorpec

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:24:51 AM

I think you just don't understand what blockchain is and how it works. Bitcoin simply cannot technically fool the user.

╔◎      TwitterBounty ┃   [WHITEPAPER]MediumFacebook      ◎╗
╠══════════◎════◎════◎    LeadRex    ◎════◎════◎═══════════╣
╚◎       RedditTelegram[ANN Thread]YoutubeLinkedin       ◎╝
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:31:19 AM

In last one week i have read maybe 25 news about this topic and now i don't really know what to believe. The bitcoin is a bubble and it will explode, or the bitcoin will be million dollar worth.. I don't understand why the people make too many speculation about it.. I think the best answer for my problem is not read any news anymore Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: