Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:18:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's more important to judge should I be trusted or not?
Escrowing 1 000 000 $ over a year without scamming - 27 (61.4%)
Trying to sell an account once - 17 (38.6%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's more important to judge whether or not I should be trusted?  (Read 2130 times)
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:29:07 PM

Can Lauda meme?

Looking for a signature campaign.
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:09:07 PM

My closing statement of the thread is sort of important

Not for sale anymore.
No legit offers.
Only newbies

Combined with the OP, bolded

I will not sell to people with a red tag.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4441505.msg41625983#msg41625983

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:44:28 PM

Whoa hey man why are you trying to stifle free speech of peoples opinions??

Their opinion is you're not trustworthy dude let the users figure out if you are trustworthy or not man.

You don't agree with their opinion so you want to pressure them with a completely irrelevant poll and retaliatory feedback to remove it.  Your suggestion is totally against the libertarian principles on which the forum was founded (Satohsi is rolling in his grave)...  Grin  Shocked  Wink  Cool
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:05:45 PM

Whoa hey man why are you trying to stifle free speech of peoples opinions??

Their opinion is you're not trustworthy dude let the users figure out if you are trustworthy or not man.

You don't agree with their opinion so you want to pressure them with a completely irrelevant poll and retaliatory feedback to remove it.  Your suggestion is totally against the libertarian principles on which the forum was founded (Satohsi is rolling in his grave)...  Grin  Shocked  Wink  Cool

For people reading this right now, this is about:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5036845.msg46153606#msg46153606

---------------

Are you really missing the point I am trying to make in both threads?
DT feedback is a tool that can be missused, feedback that is not DT is not, since it does not have nearly the same impact and is completely decentralized.
If it wasn't DT trust, it would be as you said 'people deciding on their own', but we all know what DT feedback carries a lot more weight, and that power is being missused Smiley

As I have said previously, I do not care what Lauda thinks or what his feedback is, nor am I trying to pressure him to change it (what?), I am merely stating the flaws of the trust system, since DT members have labeled me as 'not to be trusted' but obviously according to this poll, users of bitcointalk.org do trust me?

Thanks for your vote too! Although it's against me Smiley

Doesn't that mean that the trust system is being missused?
If a 'not to be trusted' person is trusted? And a DT member steals 3000 BCH and extorts people?

You insults to joe, which include stupid, retarded etc. are really on a kindergarden level, and you seem to be continuing the same actions in this thread too.

If you incapable of leading a civilized discussion please feel free to ignore my posts.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 10:39:27 PM

OP,  you've been long enough here to know that account sales aren't tolerated by DT members. No matter you're newbie or legendary member. It's not worth to risk your reputation while trying to sell accounts.
Maybe you still can be considered as as trusted lender or escrow agent, but I think that negative trust rating that you got is fair. Usually people buying accounts with bad intentions - they want to scam someone, abuse bounties and etc. And by selling account you're just helping to these abusers.
I don't know, maybe trust system is missued sometimes, but it's not your case. People offen complaining that trust system is unfair, but they can't offer better alternatives to current system.
P.S. I think this topic belongs to reputation board.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 11:40:11 PM

You insults to joe, which include stupid, retarded etc. are really on a kindergarden level, and you seem to be continuing the same actions in this thread too.

If you incapable of leading a civilized discussion please feel free to ignore my posts.

First off I did not insult you so I am not continuing any such thing in this thread. I insulted joe calling him a retard because he is.  Even a kindergarten student can look at a picture and identify a round object.

I am very capable of having a civilized discussion, generally though when a person is not smart enough to identify a round object from a picture it is impossible for them to have a rational discussion and so all political correctness for me goes out the window.

Not everyone deserves to be treated with respect point blank, when you simply refuse to accept basic facts because of self incredulity I am going to call you a retard. sue me, red tag me, ban me I don't give a fuck tbh.

I appreciate the advice to ignore your posts but I will keep responding as I like!  BTW you are also quite free to ignore my uncivilized posts as well.
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:40:45 AM

OP,  you've been long enough here to know that account sales aren't tolerated by DT members. No matter you're newbie or legendary member. It's not worth to risk your reputation while trying to sell accounts.
Maybe you still can be considered as as trusted lender or escrow agent, but I think that negative trust rating that you got is fair. Usually people buying accounts with bad intentions - they want to scam someone, abuse bounties and etc. And by selling account you're just helping to these abusers.
I don't know, maybe trust system is missued sometimes, but it's not your case. People offen complaining that trust system is unfair, but they can't offer better alternatives to current system.

*an account
not accounts

It is clearly stated I would not sell to people with a red tag, and I ended up locking the thread because only newbies were contacting me!
I would not have given it to someone who would of missused it!

First off I did not insult you so I am not continuing any such thing in this thread. I insulted joe calling him a retard because he is.  Even a kindergarten student can look at a picture and identify a round object.

I am very capable of having a civilized discussion, generally though when a person is not smart enough to identify a round object from a picture it is impossible for them to have a rational discussion and so all political correctness for me goes out the window.

Not everyone deserves to be treated with respect point blank, when you simply refuse to accept basic facts because of self incredulity I am going to call you a retard. sue me, red tag me, ban me I don't give a fuck tbh.

I appreciate the advice to ignore your posts but I will keep responding as I like!  BTW you are also quite free to ignore my uncivilized posts as well.

You haven't but your way of replying is sort of mock-yell which resembles children arguing.
Only using emotions instead of actually discussing something.
Just look at your posts and tell me you don't see it..
Don't think I have something against you personally, I just think you should change the way you approach discussion.

StatesManG
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:01:50 AM

OP,  you've been long enough here to know that account sales aren't tolerated by DT members. No matter you're newbie or legendary member. It's not worth to risk your reputation while trying to sell accounts.

*an account
not accounts

It is clearly stated I would not sell to people with a red tag, and I ended up locking the thread because only newbies were contacting me!

First off I did not insult you so I am not continuing any such thing in this thread. I insulted joe calling him a retard because he is.  Even a kindergarten student can look at a picture and identify a round object.

I appreciate the advice to ignore your posts but I will keep responding as I like!  BTW you are also quite free to ignore my uncivilized posts as well.

You haven't but your way of replying is sort of mock-yell which resembles children arguing.
Don't think I have something against you personally, I just think you should change the way you approach discussion.

There isn't a red tag on your name anymore.

Reading through the meta forum, I have noticed how some high ranked members become strict on negatively tagging members even when the member has every proof of the situations.

Maybe you should just try to ignore all these fuse. As you have stated, "whether a red tag or not, you can still be trusted " red tags doesn't stop me from trusting people if I find reasons to trust the person.

You have been in the forum way too long and understandshort the rules, I know you are hurting being ignored by those who tagged you negatively but I can see the good in you and some other high ranked member. So keep it up that's all I can say to you.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:35:27 AM

Ok cool if you say so, but you said I was insulting and continued it in this thread...

Wait are you talking about joe or you, because there's no point discussing anything further with joe.  In terms of you all I did was use your own logic to present a different opinion, if that's your definition of emotion, cool.

Ok, I don't see it, does that work for you?

Thanks, I don't have anything against you either, we had a successful non escrow transaction a few months back.  I would conduct another transaction again without hesitation.  That doesn't change the fact I think your wrong and joe is a retard.

Again thanks for the advice on changing my approach but to be honest I'm Ok with calling a person unable to identify a circle from a picture a retard.  No need to be nice to them as it just encourages them and then they think the are special and beat science.

I think its worth noting I don't think joe should be banned or silenced, I just think hes mentally fucking retarded and really it shouldn't be a surprise a person might not find him trustworthy...
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 10:08:55 AM

*an account
not accounts

Ok, account, not accounts. You wouldn't sell account to random newbie or user with red tag. Let's say that you you would sell it to user with neutral trust. But how you can be sure that he wont missue that account? There was many cases when green trusted people with solid reputation or Donators turned into scammers.

iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:49:48 PM

Wait are you talking about joe or you, because there's no point discussing anything further with joe.  In terms of you all I did was use your own logic to present a different opinion, if that's your definition of emotion, cool.

How is it the same logic?
The logic was DT abuse.
Both threads have a red tag from DT members.

Thanks, I don't have anything against you either, we had a successful non escrow transaction a few months back.  I would conduct another transaction again without hesitation.  That doesn't change the fact I think your wrong and joe is a retard.

Again thanks for the advice on changing my approach but to be honest I'm Ok with calling a person unable to identify a circle from a picture a retard.  No need to be nice to them as it just encourages them and then they think the are special and beat science.

I think its worth noting I don't think joe should be banned or silenced, I just think hes mentally fucking retarded and really it shouldn't be a surprise a person might not find him trustworthy...

I assume we'll just agree to disagree since the argument is clearly heading nowhere  Cheesy
No problem Smiley

*an account
not accounts

Ok, account, not accounts. You wouldn't sell account to random newbie or user with red tag. Let's say that you you would sell it to user with neutral trust. But how you can be sure that he wont missue that account? There was many cases when green trusted people with solid reputation or Donators turned into scammers.

Well, he could already do it with his own account.
If he would decide to scam, I would be able to neg the account that bought it too.

iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:39:16 AM

Wow, 3 votes against in like 10 minutes.
Seems like Lauda used some multies  Cheesy

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:40:52 PM

Seems like Lauda used some multies  Cheesy

Gee its almost like the polls on BTCT are completely and utterly useless at actually determining anything as anyone could accuse you of having 9 alts, you have at least 2 accounts we know of that could have voted yes...
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 03:08:18 PM

While you could have handled this situation in a much better manner, which you didn't, a red tag wasn't initially really required,for your case. The person who controls Avirunes account had bought it and made his name, point being not all account buyers are trying to game the system or whatever, but since you tried to sell an account to a random person, its hard to conclude if you really wanted to sell it to a non "red-tagged member". Bitcointalk community works in a odd manner, just like everything else. While the tag doesn't make you a scammer, it doesn't make you look like a trust worthy person either. A new person would obviously judge you for the red tags you received, and not for the green tags.

All I can suggest you to do is, instead of being an utter asshole, try sorting it out with Lauda and The Pharmacist privately.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 03:20:11 PM

Saying that you will only sell an account to a member without any red trust is meaningless. There are so many alts here, that a scammer is bound to have a few without red tags.

I can't think of a reason for anyone other than a bounty spammer or a scammer to buy an account anyway.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:05:03 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2018, 04:18:13 PM by iluvbitcoins

While you could have handled this situation in a much better manner, which you didn't, a red tag wasn't initially really required,for your case. The person who controls Avirunes account had bought it and made his name, point being not all account buyers are trying to game the system or whatever, but since you tried to sell an account to a random person, its hard to conclude if you really wanted to sell it to a non "red-tagged member". Bitcointalk community works in a odd manner, just like everything else. While the tag doesn't make you a scammer, it doesn't make you look like a trust worthy person either. A new person would obviously judge you for the red tags you received, and not for the green tags.

All I can suggest you to do is, instead of being an utter asshole, try sorting it out with Lauda and The Pharmacist privately.

I've only started being an asshole after I found out Lauda scammed his escrowers out of 3000 BCH and is lecturing me for trying to sell one account (I know my word that I wanted to sell it to a legit person means nothing, but still comparing a consensual transaction with a 3000 BCH scam..)

Seems like Lauda used some multies  Cheesy

Gee its almost like the polls on BTCT are completely and utterly useless at actually determining anything as anyone could accuse you of having 9 alts, you have at least 2 accounts we know of that could have voted yes...

Touche.
Although, I guarantee you I am not engaged in unethical behaviour.
I had one account because the person used it as collateral and never paid me back.
If there were an agreement between me and The Pharmacist, I could provide links to replies and screenshots of PMs, blockchain transaction etc. which would confirm this to be true, and the described in the thread would match.
However, although Lauda wouldn't want to remove his feedback if I asked for an agreement, I wouldn't remove mine even if he wanted to remove his.
I can't condone that even though my feedback means nothing, he scammed for 3000 BCH.
There are some morals.

Saying that you will only sell an account to a member without any red trust is meaningless. There are so many alts here, that a scammer is bound to have a few without red tags.

I can't think of a reason for anyone other than a bounty spammer or a scammer to buy an account anyway.

Dunno, once upon a time I wanted to buy an account for my girlfriend.
This one I gave to good friends to use before trying to sell it, they made genuinely good posts.
They were using it for 2 years or so, but recently it's just sitting idle, so I had a dumb idea to sell it..
Although sig.campaigns are a bit spammy, they do get new people involved.

pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 11:27:26 PM

I've only started being an asshole after I found out Lauda scammed his escrowers out of 3000 BCH and is lecturing me for trying to sell one account (I know my word that I wanted to sell it to a legit person means nothing, but still comparing a consensual transaction with a 3000 BCH scam..)
Are you talking about the NVO escrow scenario?
What do you have to tell about sorting out your case with The Pharmacist?

If you want to get your trust score back, contact the DT1 members who added Lauda and The Pharmacist, or convince Lauda and TP to remove their negative rating.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196

Signature Space For Rent

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 02:18:26 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2018, 03:30:33 PM by Coolcryptovator

Just now noticed The Pharmacist tagged by OP iluvbitcoins as well he/she is also in DT list. Personally I don't think this is enough reason to tag. There is no reference to identify why he got tag. Is this counter tag ? We know the previous history about account sales of iluvbitcoins which is discouraged by forum. We know this is allowed, but it's discourage by forum and reputed member's. I believe none reputed member's don't like account trade. Although all DT member's are not tagging account sellers but I believe they don't like any kind account sale or trade.

I am little bit surprised that how a DT member could involved with account sale ? As you title what is important to consider trusted. The Pharmacist didn't mention scammer on his feedback. He left feedback like all others same. There is reference why OP got tagged. I don't know too much about OP since I am newbie, most likely he is trusted person but is it fair a trusted person will involved with account trade ? I don't think so. Personally I don't like account tread since I have realized how hard to build an account.

I believe OP should reconsider about tag of The Pharmacist, it's not looking good a DT tagged without reference. Although I am not agree with him sometimes but he is doing good job to keep clean this forum. And I believe he will continue his work.

Apologise for broken English.

I am little bit surprised that how a DT member could involved with account sale ?
OP was only recently added to DT.

That's why tag are reflecting, OP left feedback exactly a month ago. I believe OP will reconsider about that matter.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR RENT
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 16899

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 03:11:04 PM

I am little bit surprised that how a DT member could involved with account sale ?
OP was only recently added to DT.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 03:30:01 PM

Just now noticed The Pharmacist tagged by OP iluvbitcoins as well he/she is also in DT list. Personally I don't think this is enough reason to tag. There is no reference to identify why he got tag. Is this counter tag ?
OP attempted to blackmail us into removing their ratings. We got tagged for not giving in. Any attempts at making their ratings appear under a real pretense is therefore void (actually makes them a even less trustworthy). Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: