Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:39:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the reason why one can't delete his/her own thread?  (Read 206 times)
gellany32 (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:21:01 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 11:53:09 PM by gellany32

I was so curios after I deleted all of my posts lately to start again and forget spamming that I made in the forum just to see that there are two posts which could not be removed. I know that I started the posts and seemingly I do not like the content on it since for me it was very inappropriate.

My question is very obvious, Why can't I delete my own thread?

Maybe there is a problem with this part. One could not delete a thread but the content could be change. If it will be merited and later on the OP change its content like spam post then definitely the one who gave the merit will be reported for not following the protocol on giving merit. LOL. The merit for that post will be irrelevant because its credibility was being altered and this might confused and could be label as merit farming.

However, I could not suggest also to make some changes like posts should not be edited instead it should be put to delete. It is indeed time consuming to create the posts again for it is easy to edit the unwanted parts of that post.

Well we have the choice to be responsible in our posts and always double check before clicking the word POST button.

The current flows on this forum is really good. Thumbs up to theymos!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:58:03 PM

Because you can not delete your own thread/topic. The admin disabled it for members. Obvious reason to stop scammers or people who want to delete the evidences. Deleting a topic will also delete all the comments on a topic which is kind of hurting for the users who took their time to comment on a topic.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:55:42 PM

Because you can not delete your own thread/topic. The admin disabled it for members. Obvious reason to stop scammers or people who want to delete the evidences. Deleting a topic will also delete all the comments on a topic which is kind of hurting for the users who took their time to comment on a topic.

mdayonliner already stated the obvious fact why we are not allowed to delete our own threads.
But if you just created a test thread that you need to be deleted, then you just rename  it as "To be Deleted" , change the content of post as "Deleted" and press "Report to Moderator" and fill "test thread , need to be deleted" and submit. Mods will take care and delete it.

I am alive
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 09:55:10 PM

You can delete topics/threads that no one has seen, but once viewed, you can’t remove it.
I think @mdayonliner gave you reasons to put those restrictions.
You can lock that topic and move it to Archival.

It is not necessary to delete all posts to start over, learning past mistakes and not repeating it is the solution.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
gellany32 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:07:41 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 10:29:05 AM by gellany32

Okay, this is a good explaination why does one could not delete his started post/thread. It is rightfully implemented this rules since there is a little bit problem with anonymity where one could BOLDLY express and even could be harsh to one another. To get the full content and idea one must quote the whole thread started by OP so as to let others know and compare if the thread was being altered from its real content.

You can lock that topic and move it to Archival.
By the way how to move a topic to archival? I have never tried to move my posts in that particular so one maybe could help about this?I will get this back for some answers. I might be moving some of my posts in the near future.

jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:23:54 AM

Maybe there is a problem with this part. One could not delete a thread but the content could be change. If it will be merited and later on the OP change its content like spam post then definitely the one who gave the merit will be reported for not following the protocol on giving merit. LOL. The merit for that post will be irrelevant because its credibility was being altered and this might confused and could be label as merit farming.
Why do you think a user will do that in the first place? I don't think someone will waste his time to post a good content and change it to a spam post after getting a Merit just to cause trouble to the other user. As I see ranking up is more important to people here these past few days, especially for lower ranks.

In addition, the one who sent the merit could depend himself, given the fact that the post has been edited.

By the way how to move a topic to archival? I have never tried to move my posts in that particular so one maybe could help about this?I will get this back for some answers. I might be moving some of my posts in the near future.
There's a move topic link on every bottom left of the threads (only the thread poster/mods would be able to move threads).
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 03:05:44 AM

To get the full content and idea one must quote the whole thread started by OP so as to let others know and compare if the thread was being altered from its real content.

You can also archive that.

IMO, when a post that somebody merited was deleted, it is much more suspicious. I can't imagine if there's someone who would go that far just to spoil somebody reputation, they really have nothing to do in their life, probably :/

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:22:22 AM

You think , you can frame anybody by changing the content later on and we will be not able to spot it? If a post changes after 10 (may be 15 minutes) after creations, a edited timestamp is also attached to that post.
I clearly see you created post at 4:21 pm but edited at 11:53 pm. If you are merited between this time frame, I will understand you changed the post after getting merit. Anyways I guess Mods can find the original copy too, if they require.

I am alive
gellany32 (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:59:17 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 10:31:25 AM by gellany32

You think , you can frame anybody by changing the content later on and we will be not able to spot it? If a post changes after 10 (may be 15 minutes) after creations, a edited timestamp is also attached to that post.
I clearly see you created post at 4:21 pm but edited at 11:53 pm. If you are merited between this time frame, I will understand you changed the post after getting merit. Anyways I guess Mods can find the original copy too, if they require.

Well, clearly it is not my intention to frame anybody here. I was clearly doing queries regarding on some technicalities in this forum. The one who think that way might be the one who do that way.

I could make some use of the information being shared by the members here. And I am doing this so that I could anticipate with all the knowledge I learn in the forum and to get along with the other members here.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: