Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:43:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Even your fiat is not totally secure!  (Read 470 times)
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:34:38 PM

You're stating the obvious here, and there's no point even discussing this.

Anything you own, whether it's gold, crypto, cash, or comic books, can get stolen if you don't have proper security measures in place.  That's been known as long as there's been thievery in this world.

I don't even know how the OP got a shred of merit. It is nothing original tbh. He is just stating what is currently continuously happening, although I suggest for the OP to revise the topic and discuss the security of crypto in some other ways rather than those obvious password character limits and such.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DOLONCHAPA

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:50:03 PM

I do not think this is the main discussion related to cryptos. The big difference is the civil liability of organizations that maintains their assets. There are several regulations regarding how and what banks can do with the refusals that others place on their accounts. Regarding the exchanges, their responsibilities are almost non-existent. What could and should occur would be more security and audit solutions specific to exchanges. But the main thing is that if well guarded, you will hardly lose your cryptocurrencies.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:22:40 PM

A lot of people have always worried about the security of bitcoin and cryptocurrency which is why they have decided to stay away from investing in it. You must also note that even the fiat money that you may have can also be liable to theft. The earlier you stop giving flimsy excuses, the better. The decision is yours!

.I do agree with you as regards those preferring safety of fiats over cryptocurrency investment. I did have a discussion today as regards  facts that keeping money/fiats in banks is even as a loss and an old school mentality. One is also at the risk of inflation affecting one's savings in banks overtime. So, I am of the better opinion of having ur life savings in real estates, cryptocurrency and other legit businesses rather than having it stored or wasting in the banks.
farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:04:17 PM

The possibility of hacking Cryptocurrency is a million times less than possibility of stealing the money from your pocket. You just need to be careful and keep the private key in a safe place.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:52:52 PM

Anything you own, whether it's gold, crypto, cash, or comic books, can get stolen if you don't have proper security measures in place.  That's been known as long as there's been thievery in this world.

I don't even know how the OP got a shred of merit. It is nothing original tbh. He is just stating what is currently continuously happening, although I suggest for the OP to revise the topic and discuss the security of crypto in some other ways rather than those obvious password character limits and such.

What the OP nay be talking about is the fact that we put so much trust in banks
that they can at any time decide not to give our money out when we want it.
Also credit card fraud is easier than crypto hacking.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:13:20 PM

I keep on advising people that there is nothing like secured investment because every investment and business has it own challenges and crypto currency is not an exception to this fact, if you are thinking of security then you can never invest in any thing at alk. Because business has to do with risk taking that is why they said no risk no rewards, all investment ranging from gold, real estate and all others has risk involved even the banking system is a risk so in order to succeede you must be ready to take risk.
ucingucingan

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 10:57:33 PM

but at least if we save money in a particular bank or financial institution we are guaranteed a security for the money that we save up to a certain amount, so when bad things happen to our money we will get a replacement from the financial institution with the same amount
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:36:10 PM

but at least if we save money in a particular bank or financial institution we are guaranteed a security for the money that we save up to a certain amount, so when bad things happen to our money we will get a replacement from the financial institution with the same amount
I think it does not happen all the time.There are instances that we may get lost our money not just of the thieves outside,but also of the people or the employees who are considered thieves inside the bank.In my country,a lot of the same cases had already happened because of the connaivance of the people inside whom we entrust our savings.

AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:46:03 PM

If bitcoin saying that is not secure but this is not most of the time we know those who are scammers even in fiat or in banks our money is not also secure sometimes some of banks here in my country we are experience glitch of our account in banks so it means sometimes the security will lose or it not function so dont afraid to invest in bitcoin make it sure that is not scam.
qumeijia

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:00:34 AM

Absolutely, there is no point of discussing this topic. Probably she/he should read more and more before dealing to this forum otherwise she/he talks nothing here. Everything or every investment is not secure from steal, but each has a standard security measurement including Crypto currency.In crypto, as long as the users keep the security private key, it will be safe and secure.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:45:58 AM

I agree with this. One of the things that fiat and cryptocurrency have in common is that both involves risk. How many times have we heard of a credit card fraud or even just a person screaming that their wallets has been missing? I think it all just depends on how smart you are at handling your money, whether it is fiat or crypto. If you are careful, then you will be fine, but if you are careless, then it is more likely that you will lose not just your hard earn fiat, but also your bitcoins and/or altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: