Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:30:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a new project to make peer to peer crypto payments easier  (Read 171 times)
gitbranch (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:37:59 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 08:51:47 AM by gitbranch

Hi!

I've recently started a new project called CoinPusher with the aim of making daily peer to peer crypto transactions as easy and frictionless as possible. The project is an open source mobile app that provides a simple user experience while still maintaining the security provided by cryptocurrency. In other words, no private keys can be stored or transmitted to a remote server.

It's still early stages but I have created a landing page that details the core features I plan to build with some mockups of what the app might look like. Right now I'm looking to capture some feedback from the community to see if this is something anyone would be interested in? Also happy to answer any questions regarding the project.

With your feedback I hope to build an app that can help more people adopt crypto as a form of currency!

CoinPusher Landing page: https://coinpusher.io/
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3427

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 08:47:06 AM

With your feedback I hope to build an app that can help more people adopt crypto as a form of currency!
Before anything else, I like its UI.
- Few notes & questions:
  • Based on the bottom part of each mock-up: We can choose the type of activity (from a set of icons) for each transaction, am I right?
  • You might want to consider adding the following features: a) Message signing  b) Coin control.
  • In regards to the conversions, Will it be completely from the app itself or you'll be integrating a 3rd party exchange?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gitbranch (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:25:12 AM

Before anything else, I like its UI.
- Few notes & questions:
  • Based on the bottom part of each mock-up: We can choose the type of activity (from a set of icons) for each transaction, am I right?
  • You might want to consider adding the following features: a) Message signing  b) Coin control.
  • In regards to the conversions, Will it be completely from the app itself or you'll be integrating a 3rd party exchange?

Thanks for the feedback. And I appreciate the compliment on the UI.

For your first point I am assuming you are referring to the "Activity", "Send", and "Request" tabs. The Activity tab shows a general overview of your accounts. The Send and Request tabs are more coupled to each other. In essence I'm trying to capture the various and simple ways we currently do digital payments either online or in person and apply those UX principals to cryptocurrency. For example when in store, the cashier would set the amount and you would just tap your card to pay. Or another example is when we make payments through the internet. Someone could issue you the invoice through a paypal link which you can payoff straight away. I would really like to recreate some of these experiences while using crypto. I hope that answers your question? If not, I'm happy to clarify things further.

As for your second point, I would be interested to know what you mean by message signing and coin control? Do you mind elaborating a bit further?

Lastly, the implementation details around conversion is still something I'll have to think about. It could be likely that a third party exchange is involved in the process however I'm still unsure about the details. If you had some thoughts or opinions I would love to hear them.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3427

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 12:17:38 PM

Thanks for the feedback.
You're very welcome Smiley

For your first point I am assuming you are referring to the "Activity", "Send", and "Request" tabs.
Correct.

I hope that answers your question? If not, I'm happy to clarify things further.
Unfortunately, it didn't (perhaps I didn't pick the right words, sorry).
- What I meant was that the icons used for "coffee shop, office supplies and freelance work", are they part of an icon set that we can choose from (based on the type of activity that we have)?

As for your second point, I would be interested to know what you mean by message signing and coin control? Do you mind elaborating a bit further?
Sure, the following links should help you out with those terms:

Lastly, the implementation details around conversion is still something I'll have to think about. It could be likely that a third party exchange is involved in the process however I'm still unsure about the details. If you had some thoughts or opinions I would love to hear them.
Recently, a lot of exchanges (including those offering API's) have started rolling out KYC requirements on their platforms and that's a drawback (finding a trustworthy alternative is a bit harder nowadays).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gitbranch (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 08:42:09 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 09:03:15 AM by gitbranch

What I meant was that the icons used for "coffee shop, office supplies and freelance work", are they part of an icon set that we can choose from (based on the type of activity that we have)?

Thanks for clarifying. Ideally people would be able to use their own logos to represent a request they initiated as this adds to the whole user experience. So quick example, say Starbucks now accepts in-store crypto payments then that "Coffee Shop" activity would show a Starbucks logo and their business name as the title. There would need to be a layer of abstraction to be able to implement this however. Would like to hear if you had any thoughts on this?

Sure, the following links should help you out with those terms:

Will check out those links. But coin control was definitely a feature I wanted to implement from the start.

Recently, a lot of exchanges (including those offering API's) have started rolling out KYC requirements on their platforms and that's a drawback (finding a trustworthy alternative is a bit harder nowadays).

I've noticed that too. I understand that this feature of the app is the most challenging but potentially also the most useful for adoption purposes today.
No Rest Labs

Activity: 113

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 01:43:09 PM

Hi!

I've recently started a new project called CoinPusher with the aim of making daily peer to peer crypto transactions as easy and frictionless as possible. The project is an open source mobile app that provides a simple user experience while still maintaining the security provided by cryptocurrency. In other words, no private keys can be stored or transmitted to a remote server.

It's still early stages but I have created a landing page that details the core features I plan to build with some mockups of what the app might look like. Right now I'm looking to capture some feedback from the community to see if this is something anyone would be interested in? Also happy to answer any questions regarding the project.

Cool project! Maybe you might be interested in checking out the set of open source blockchain tools we created...Xplore might be somthing of interest. Its a block explorer for Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Stellar and Neo. It features the main asset as well as other assets issued on-chain. If you want to add your own blockchain to the tracker, start with whichever one looks closest, and implement the API for it.

https://github.com/norestlabs/mousexplore
Other tools
vakaxacompany

Activity: 177

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 01:27:02 AM

Hi!

Cool project! Maybe you might be interested in checking out the set of open source blockchain tools we created...Xplore might be somthing of interest. Its a block explorer for Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Stellar and Neo. It features the main asset as well as other assets issued on-chain. If you want to add your own blockchain to the tracker, start with whichever one looks closest, and implement the API for it.

https://github.com/norestlabs/mousexplore
Other tools
Hello. We are Vakaxa. We provide a variety of Blockchain solutions and cryptocurrency services such as exchange, wallet, smart contract, ICO project, and coin development. If you have the need, please contact us:
Vakaxa Technology Joint Stock Company
Hotline: +84963.324.888
Email: contact@vakaxa.com
Telegram: @vakaxasupport

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: