Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 05:43:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that ICO's nowadays are becoming very superficial?  (Read 104 times)
John Trevor (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:37:04 AM

Hey!! So i have been seeing for the past couple of months that there are a lot of upcoming ICO's which are being done for the sake of being an ICO, not to create something that can better our lives. I will not call out any names but I see a lot of ICO's with a product offering which is average (I mean they either sound very basic or they do not have a significant contribution to the society at large and the blockchain community in particular) at best, but they try to make it look big only through marketing, advertising and other elements.

Please do let me know your opinion on this.  Smiley Smiley
Ramya494

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 09:52:38 AM

Many ICO's are coming up these days but we can't speculate whether they are good or their marketing strategies are making them look good.There are proven incidents on both sides,like there are very good ICO's with poor marketing strategies and on the other side there are ICO's which aren't very good but very good at their marketing strategies.
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:34:54 PM

Hey!! So i have been seeing for the past couple of months that there are a lot of upcoming ICO's which are being done for the sake of being an ICO, not to create something that can better our lives. I will not call out any names but I see a lot of ICO's with a product offering which is average (I mean they either sound very basic or they do not have a significant contribution to the society at large and the blockchain community in particular) at best, but they try to make it look big only through marketing, advertising and other elements.

Please do let me know your opinion on this.  Smiley Smiley
you must have also noticed that most of ICOs are either getting failed or their team canceling or postponing them.. I think the 2016 and 2017 was the best time for ICOs and now Scams and shit icos have finished the potential of ICO.. good projects r not getting the right attention they should.
Alone055

Activity: 1106
Merit: 225

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 02:19:55 PM

Services section is only for services that either offer something to do or ask others to do something for them by paying money. It is not a place to discuss anything.
You need to move your topic to Altcoin Discussion since you are discussing ICOs and they belong to altcoins.
In future, make sure where the thread belongs before posting it.

John Trevor (OP)

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:40:29 PM

Services section is only for services that either offer something to do or ask others to do something for them by paying money. It is not a place to discuss anything.
You need to move your topic to Altcoin Discussion since you are discussing ICOs and they belong to altcoins.
In future, make sure where the thread belongs before posting it.

Thank you Alone055. I will make sure that I choose the right category before posting a thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: