Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:07:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 70x S9 Bitmain mining farm located USA  (Read 493 times)
gigawott (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:20:19 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 10:23:53 PM by gigawott

I'm selling my Bitmain mining farm located in the state of Washington USA.

I have 70x S9 miners hashing @ 13.5Th/s.  Each consumes 1455 watts and comes with a UL Certified PSU.

I pay $0.04 cents per kWh and host the rigs at a datacenter with access to hydroelectric power.

- $300 per S9
- Datacenter also for sale.  It is staffed by technicians and all maintenance is done by them.

Prefer to deal with person in USA and sell both datacenter + S9's together as package.

Escrow accepted to be safe for both parties & I realize my account is new.

Please send me a PM if you are interested, can discuss more details over Skype about the operation.
TheJoke[r]

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:49:19 PM

what is the capacity of the datacenter?
gigawott (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:58:23 PM

The datacenter has additional capacity but right now there is a backlog waitlist to get rigs up and hashing.   I can send you more details in PM or skype
TheJoke[r]

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:00:20 PM

I am confused, you are offering the datacenter as a whole for sale or the collocation of your S9's?
Norm MacDonald

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:20:00 PM

I would guess there is a monthly fee on top of your electric cost? What are total costs and fees at the location? I am shopping for S9's but I have my own location. Will you sell a block of your S9's and ship them to buyer?
gigawott (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:34:13 PM

I am selling:
1) S9 rigs
2) Hosting space in datacenter where the farm is hosted.  You can keep the S9 rigs or swap for different ASICs
Norm MacDonald

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:43:41 PM

I am selling:
1) S9 rigs
2) Hosting space in datacenter where the farm is hosted.  You can keep the S9 rigs or swap for different ASICs
I messaged you. Is the .04 per kwh the only overhead or are there other expenses?
Norm MacDonald

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:12:19 PM

Can you please email me the Total cost of miners and tokens? I have 1 PM per hour limit. My email is in my first PM to you. Thanks
gigawott (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 01:45:58 PM

I am selling:
1) S9 rigs
I messaged you. Is the .04 per kwh the only overhead or are there other expenses?

The 0.4 per kWh is all inclusive of rent/maintenance/electricity/etc
CP2018

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 10:18:35 PM

So the OP contacted me via Skype and sent me this link to verify market price of his 100,000 WTT tokens
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/giga-watt-token/
The market price of the tokens on this page is .776514 USD, so the OP was asking $77,651 for just the tokens which gives you the right to mine with 100,000 watts of equipment at Gigawatt for 3.3 cents per kWh for the next 50 years.
For those who can't tell, the last price on that coinmarketcap page is for March 27, 2018.

If you put a buy order at yobit for 100,000 Gigawatt WTT tokens, that comes to right around $36,000, so the OP is trying to scam everyone for $40,000 right off the bat.

Here is the market price on yobit https://yobit.net/en/trade/WTT/USD
And the market price on coingecko   https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/giga-watt-token/usd

I hope no one purchased WTT from this guy.
This is just one example of why posters will want to communicate via Skype instead of in the forum.  I am not too familiar with Gigawatt WTT tokens so if anything I posted is incorrect I will retract my statements.
I'm sure others on here were sent to the same link to verify the market price of his tokens.
Rambotnic

Activity: 350
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 11:12:10 PM

We see he's selling S9's not tokens... ?
coopsindahouse

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:25:50 AM

How much are you offering hosting for?
Hockeybum

Activity: 113
Merit: 31

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:43:47 AM

We see he's selling S9's not tokens... ?

The OP states he is selling both:

I am selling:
1) S9 rigs

And another member is asking about the tokens here:

Can you please email me the Total cost of miners and tokens? I have 1 PM per hour limit. My email is in my first PM to you. Thanks
Norm MacDonald

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:13:08 AM

So the OP contacted me via Skype and sent me this link to verify market price of his 100,000 WTT tokens
The market price of the tokens on this page is .776514 USD, so the OP was asking $77,651 for just the tokens which gives you the right to mine with 100,000 watts of equipment at Gigawatt for 3.3 cents per kWh for the next 50 years.
For those who can't tell, the last price on that coinmarketcap page is for March 27, 2018.

If you put a buy order at yobit for 100,000 Gigawatt WTT tokens, that comes to right around $36,000, so the OP is trying to scam everyone for $40,000 right off the bat.

And the market price on coingecko   https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/giga-watt-token/usd

This is just one example of why posters will want to communicate via Skype instead of in the forum.  I am not too familiar with Gigawatt WTT tokens so if anything I posted is incorrect I will retract my statements.
I'm sure others on here were sent to the same link to verify the market price of his tokens.
No you are correct. I spoke with the OP via Skype. This DC where he is hosted is actually overstating his Electricity usage and understating his hashing power. ALL his 13.5 th units are showing on his dash board at exactly 13.5 and he is being billed for an at the wall consumption of 1450 watts per unit. None of my 13.5 units hash at 13.5. All are higher. None of my 13.5 units consume 1450 watts. All are lower. The DC where he is at, Gigascam has several lawsuits against them. We can see why. They are thieves. I feel sorry for the OP. He got raped on the Tokens and he's getting raped on his hash rate and power consumption. This all in package would cost over $100,000.00. It will take over a year to recoup that amount. I tried to buy just the miners, but got cold feet. I think the OP is legit, it's just that i didn't trust getting the units in working order from the DC where they are being held captive. I was worried they would send this guy some over used over worked S9's and tell him they were his. Too much risk for my taste. Best of luck to this guy. He got a raw deal from these Gigascam clowns.
gigawott (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:32:26 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2018, 05:11:32 AM by gigawott

And the market price on coingecko   https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/giga-watt-token/usd

This is just one example of why posters will want to communicate via Skype instead of in the forum.  I am not too familiar with Gigawatt WTT tokens so if anything I posted is incorrect I will retract my statements.

I did not know the Coinmarketcap data was not up to date when I linked it, I assumed it was accurate since it's updated for every other coin on their webpage.  I have no idea why CMC isn't updating for WTT.

Here is an updated link for market data:
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/giga-watt-token
or
https://forkdelta.app/#!/trade/WTT-ETH
gigawott (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:15:03 AM

No you are correct. I spoke with the OP via Skype. This DC where he is hosted is actually overstating his Electricity usage and understating his hashing power. ALL his 13.5 th units are showing on his dash board at exactly 13.5 and he is being billed for an at the wall consumption of 1450 watts per unit. None of my 13.5 units hash at 13.5. All are higher. None of my 13.5 units consume 1450 watts. All are lower. The DC where he is at, Gigascam has several lawsuits against them. We can see why. They are thieves. I feel sorry for the OP. He got raped on the Tokens and he's getting raped on his hash rate and power consumption. This all in package would cost over $100,000.00. It will take over a year to recoup that amount. I tried to buy just the miners, but got cold feet. I think the OP is legit, it's just that i didn't trust getting the units in working order from the DC where they are being held captive. I was worried they would send this guy some over used over worked S9's and tell him they were his. Too much risk for my taste. Best of luck to this guy. He got a raw deal from these Gigascam clowns.

Thank you, yes I am legit.  As I have never hosted S9s personally I don't know what the hash rate/power consumption should be.

I asked them regarding the question of how can we be sure the miner I purchased is the same miner that is shipped to me?  Their reply was:
When we ship your miner back it should have a red asset tag still attached with the MNR#### on it.  You can cross check it with the one on your dashboard.
Hockeybum

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:10:17 AM

Norm,

I think Gigawatt is having issues expanding into Grant County since they instituted a moratorium on power for Bitcoin miners, which is why they can’t get more customers into their data centers.  I was close to investing in their token at launch, but luckily didn’t get involved with it as I was building out my own data centers at the time.  I was interested in these S9 miners for sale until I heard they were at Gigawatt, then I was also worried about being able to get them delivered, and one of my data centers isn’t too far from them.

Also, I manage over 400 miners and I do charge 1,455 watts for 13.5 th/s miners, that is the number I get at the wall from the 3 phase Tripp lite PDUs and it correlates closely with the demand charge and usage from the electrical bill.  You are right that they mostly work at rates exceeding 13.5 th/s.  I only have friends/family in my data centers and I feel like I am charging the correct amounts for their units.

It sounds like the miners are $21k and the tokens are roughly $36k for a total package price of $57k, still too risky for me to get involved but maybe someone who needs 100 kW will jump on it if they need the power and have more efficient machines to put in place there.  Hopefully the OP will find a buyer if he hasn’t already.
gigawott (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:52:51 AM

Norm,

I think Gigawatt is having issues expanding into Grant County since they instituted a moratorium on power for Bitcoin miners, which is why they can’t get more customers into their data centers.  I was close to investing in their token at launch, but luckily didn’t get involved with it as I was building out my own data centers at the time.  I was interested in these S9 miners for sale until I heard they were at Gigawatt, then I was also worried about being able to get them delivered, and one of my data centers isn’t too far from them.

Also, I manage over 400 miners and I do charge 1,455 watts for 13.5 th/s miners, that is the number I get at the wall from the 3 phase Tripp lite PDUs and it correlates closely with the demand charge and usage from the electrical bill.  You are right that they mostly work at rates exceeding 13.5 th/s.  I only have friends/family in my data centers and I feel like I am charging the correct amounts for their units.

It sounds like the miners are $21k and the tokens are roughly $36k for a total package price of $57k, still too risky for me to get involved but maybe someone who needs 100 kW will jump on it if they need the power and have more efficient machines to put in place there.  Hopefully the OP will find a buyer if he hasn’t already.

Thanks for the clarification on the 1455 wattage power draw from the wall, your seems very similar to gigawatt.

I have been in contact with a few buyers, but the S9s and hosting are still for sale.

fanatic26_

Activity: 294
Merit: 129

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:36:14 PM

What people fail to take into account is the quality of PSU being used on the miner. I have 13.5TH s9s with one PSU type pulling as low as 1360w at the PDU, and with another PSU type they are pulling 1430w. Also important to note is the heat of the datacenter. Machines are less efficient the hotter it is. That same 1360w S9 will pull 1450w on a hot (80f+) day. The power numbers are not static, and unless you have a setup that can read and parse all PDU power readings it is pretty much impossible to be accurate. I personally calculate all of my miners at 1450w when rolling them out but the reality is, some of them will pull over 1500w on a 90f+ day.
Hockeybum

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 04:43:31 PM

And the news just gets worse for Gigawatt and their customers, now they are changing their rates from 3.3 cents as promised in their contracts with WTT holders to 6 cents.  Their original contract stated 3.3 cents for 50 years, and now just about a year later it is already 6 cents.  No wonder there are lawsuits all over the place and their CEO and founder has left the country.  They were a well respected company a few years ago, and now they are just struggling to hold on.  I really feel sorry for the OP and anyone else who purchased WTT tokens in their ICO, those will be worthless soon unfortunately.

http://www.ifiberone.com/columbia_basin/crypto-firm-giga-watt-aims-to-retool-after-upheaval/article_341615a0-c37f-11e8-8c4e-676d6611b1b5.html

https://medium.com/@gigawatt/giga-watt-restructuring-and-policy-changes-e8cc05a309d9

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: