Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Demoted from Jr. Member to Newbie? Read here first.  (Read 1295 times)
Musiclover

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:42:25 AM

I think he only do his job as a great administrator. Because for me that's the best thing to do to reduce spammers and he only make the newbies and the merit seekers to work hard more. For the goodness sake of the forum, he did great.

As a newbie again i think no need to complain, just take this as a challenge. We need to level up ourselves and do great post to earn merit and that's what a good person should do. Don't let the problem stay's in you, must look for the solution. We just have to get started and step up ourselves and do our best to get what we want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ksiazek7

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:05:01 PM

Really this only matters because you have removed our ability to set signatures or personal texts which is a dick move in my opinion.  Who exactly are you protecting with this move? 
This is primarily a forum for discussion on bitcoin. Its a big problem if Newbies are not actively engaging with the bitcoin ecosystem but simply getting swayed by the glittery promises of ICOs, a lot of which are turning out to be scams. What is wrong if Theymos wants to take steps to avoid this slide as the forum admin?

What it does take away is people who would have been Jr. Member making reasonable to quality posts (but not exceptional enough to get merit or simply was never seen) from advertising whatever project they have found.  Giving them less reason to even use this forum.  Overall this change is just going to drive people away from this forum imo. 

Jr. Members who have been demoted but have reasonable quality posts will be back up in no time. Additional merit sources are working actively so these people can come back up. If it drives those people away who are here only for alts and have no stake or interest in bitcoin itself, well then, to each his own. Honestly though, nobody wants to be away from bitcoin too long. Which brings me to ask your opinion about bitcoin and bitcoin's goals. You are at Sl. 17 in the list at the link i shared in this post.
[/quote]

First I'd like to thank whoever gave me 1 merit I really appreciate it. 

As to my opinion on Bitcoin and it's goals,  I like almost everyone on these forums believe in Bitcoin long term.  I am thinking its going to be more of a store of value like gold instead of a fluid currency.  It seems to me using bitcoin for micro transactions will just be to expensive to make it worthwhile. I think the problem I have with how the merit system is working partly has to do with talking about Bitcoin.  Many of the longer standing members here obviously know a significant amount more about bitcoin so it's very rare that a newer person would have anything of value to add to a conversation about bitcoin.  Now if we are talking about alt coins it becomes a more even playing field.  It seems far more reasonable to me that a newbie comes here reads a bunch of stuff learns things, sees another project they research and learn about and then they are able to say something of value to a SR or Legendary member.  Personally I'll read threads about bitcoin and I simply won't have anything to add that isn't already stated.  I have to assume this happens to a fair number of newer members.

A T O M Z  ǁ  Cryptocurrency Investing Done Easy
▔▔▔▔▔▔  ❨❨   Token Sale Starts Soon   ❩❩  ▔▔▔▔▔▔
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: