Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:15:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is investing on ICOs still profitable?  (Read 81229 times)
utpalk (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:20:24 PM

Hello everyone, I have seen many failed projects recently. I have received many emails regarding investing on ICOs, so is it still a good time to invest? I didn't made good with my earlier investments. Is there still a future for ERC-20 tokens?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eleven86

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:25:45 PM

Hello everyone, I have seen many failed projects recently. I have received many emails regarding investing on ICOs, so is it still a good time to invest? I didn't made good with my earlier investments. Is there still a future for ERC-20 tokens?

Hi mate it is still a good move to invest in ICO's but make sure it is not a scam. Check about the project and white papers also check their previous and upcoming projects then check their sites in social media which will be helpful for you. Invest in right coin to make good profit.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:25:59 PM

Yes if you invest in really good ico with quality project and experienced team coupled with on time performance and secondly you need to give them time, dont try to sell as soon as on exchange, give the team few months and then you can take profit.

D ltr

Activity: 1360
Merit: 258

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:27:53 PM

i believe that investing on ICOs still good if you found a good project, for now i there there is a good ico like playgame, and capital

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:28:56 PM

Yeah investing in the ICO is still profitable if it is worth to invest. You should have transparent roadmap and the project too.
 A good team with good partners will drive the project to the great heights. So first study then invest.
You can use reviewing website for preferences.
utpalk (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:35:28 PM

Hi mate it is still a good move to invest in ICO's but make sure it is not a scam. Check about the project and white papers also check their previous and upcoming projects then check their sites in social media which will be helpful for you. Invest in right coin to make good profit.
Hi, I have seen many ICOs promising that they will have working products but I haven't seen one. This makes me confused now had bad experience with earlier projects and the most annoying is before the unlock period of bonus the price gets dumped.

I do follow similar guidelines but seeing the current scenario it don't encourages me much.
utpalk (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:40:00 PM

Yes if you invest in really good ico with quality project and experienced team coupled with on time performance and secondly you need to give them time, dont try to sell as soon as on exchange, give the team few months and then you can take profit.
I don't sell too early but it's not helping   Sad. There are good projects but its difficult to understand now a days which project will be better one. I wasn't much into ICOs or alts coins except BTC, but since last year I am involved. Also, its very difficult to identify scam  or genuie this days.
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 05:40:36 PM

It's hard to make a profit when investing in ICOs, I'm not talking about long-term investment for years. Many ICOs, when deployed, fixed the ETH price in USD, but for a short time the ETH price was halved. So even though you have not been listed on exchanges you have lost half of your profits.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
utpalk (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:42:37 PM

i believe that investing on ICOs still good if you found a good project, for now i there there is a good ico like playgame, and capital

Thank you for your suggestion but I don't think, gaming tokens are good to invest. They don't last that long, I have seen many tokens. 
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:44:54 PM

Depends on the ICOs. Not every ICOs are profitable, in addition, 70% of them are scam. You can invest in a good project but the project may not be successful because of the lacking of investors or sometimes because of the cryptomarket volatility.
hesham51

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:51:04 PM

Recently , I noted that many ICO's token prices fall down just after get listing by 10X sometimes , I don't know the feeling of their investors who want to make money directly.
I usually buy after the get listed in exchange !
bharatpatel

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

diceroll.xyz

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:52:02 PM

In the current market, things are not run how people think. In the major time, it just tends to follow downtrend overall. Even hype of ICO not like last year. So all those things lead to do good research about the specific project. Only those projects can do well who can survive for the long term. ICO investments still profitable just no of good ICO decrease this year in my opinion

DiceRoll    |    Probability tool    |    Exchange 
milani

Activity: 1092
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:34:17 PM

If to face the truth, it is possible to win investing into ICO projects, but before it is better to learn the project in details, and remember that such projects are the one in a hindred.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:35:20 PM

At some point, it could be the most profitable investment you could make, but the probability is so low. As we know there are statistics that said 99% ICO is damned to fail. But you could increase the chance if you deeply research and analysis of the project. But over some millions of ICO, it would be a tough job.
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:37:53 PM

Investing in ICOs is surely less profitable than a few months ago, because the crypto market is red actually, but it is still profitable if you choose carefully the project and if you are able to hold your tokens until the price reaches the highest level.
abstmain

Activity: 165

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:41:06 PM

It will be profitable only if you can find a good one. Most of the ICOs are scam, for your info. You need to have a huge study on each project before investing your money. Only then you will be able to make a profit. Otherwise, you have to end up losing all.
DamilolaB

Activity: 313

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:48:03 PM

The truth is that there are still some credible and profitable projects out there but potential investors must be very careful before investing in ICOs because there are a lot of scam project around. But I am not too convenient with erc 20 projects, most of them get dump once they hit exchange.
itsik78

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:48:12 PM

If we talk about the prospects of ICO and the crypto currency as an investment tool, now everything depends on whether it will be possible for these types of currencies to gain a foothold
On the market. And also, whether we can more accurately estimate their cost and make forecasts.
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:09:14 PM

Yeah. But you know how to invest. So just check the ICO listed token. Then invest. Market palace is right palace to choose the right project token. Then mack plan to invest and get project and more profit. But don't lose it. Wait for the price increase then sell and exchange it. But ethereum is important of the exchange and sell the token. So wait for the some week then sell it.
utpalk (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 07:19:58 PM

Yeah investing in the ICO is still profitable if it is worth to invest. You should have transparent roadmap and the project too.
 A good team with good partners will drive the project to the great heights. So first study then invest.
You can use reviewing website for preferences.
The main problem is they change their roadmap in between  Grin. I do agree that research is required before investing but do you think that ERC-20 tokens will survive?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: