Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:44:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is investing on ICOs still profitable?  (Read 81234 times)
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:41:54 PM

Hello everyone, I have seen many failed projects recently. I have received many emails regarding investing on ICOs, so is it still a good time to invest? I didn't made good with my earlier investments. Is there still a future for ERC-20 tokens?

Well, according to what has been observed throughout this year, the ICO market seems to be facing a strong crisis that is leading this nascent industry to rethink the business model as it has been carried out so far: as an investment model it has been catastrophic for most investors, but in addition the majority of the projects that have been financed through ICOs have not obtained the expected results, reason why many have turned into scams or into failed projects.

As if this were not enough, the large movements of money that had been observed in this financing model, coupled with the multiple frauds that resulted, has caused that financial authorities in several countries are tightening measures against this type of businesses, so these moments do not seem the best to decide to invest in an ICO, unless you do so with full awareness of the high risks involved.
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:44:32 PM

Investments in ICOs are still profitable at this time, but the amount of ICOs is decreasing, with projects supported by very few experienced dev teams. I still have some friends who continue to invest in ICOs and again make a profit from them, but the amount of ICOs is decreasing, and the quality is deficient.
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:47:20 PM

investment in ICO will be profit if we selectively choose good and potential ICO, now there are many ico that have the potential to continue to develop into good ICO, but sometimes there are also ICO that are scam. so I think we have to be careful with ico who is there to always make a profit.

djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:51:57 PM

Yes, it is still profitable in the condition that you choose carefully the right ICO project, otherwise the possibility of losing is high. The number of promising ICO projects decreased recently due to the market situation, and it is harder nowadays to find the good projects.
gunhell16

Activity: 1736
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:54:53 PM

yes it is as long as the ICO is good.
but we are on the stage that we can see that there are so many things in our life to be a scam.
yes and we should be aware of that, having an ICO now is not good invest in the thing you studied.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
[/tr
-Newera-

Activity: 196
Merit: 49

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:01:52 PM

From my own experience, I can say that it is currently rather unprofitable to invest in an ICO. Of course, there may be so-called diamonds that will achieve a good return in the future but these are the lesser ones. I personally have lost money with ICOs so far, but that may also be due to the current development of the market. In addition, there are currently a lot of scam projects and investing in an ICO is highly risky
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:26:20 PM

Hello everyone, I have seen many failed projects recently. I have received many emails regarding investing on ICOs, so is it still a good time to invest? I didn't made good with my earlier investments. Is there still a future for ERC-20 tokens?

most of them have a high chance to failure ,
i mean based on price,
since july up to now , i dont see some ico have x2 price ,or even ROI
just research first.
well
we will see Dfinity or Hadera
what will happen after they going to market.
they have very high in terms of enthusiasm and funding

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:40:59 PM

Depends on what kind of ICO you are investing on. If its just a shit ICO, high chances are you will be losing everything. So be careful when you choose an ICO. You will find a lot of threads that tells you what to look for when investing on an ICO. Just follow their advice. But, to be honest, i would suggest you to invest on trending coins rather than ICOs. They are less riskier and will give you profit in the long run.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 07:45:53 PM

each time is still the right time to invest. However, there is a separate note to keep in mind that choosing the right investment is to be noteworthy. the selection of the ICO will determine the outcome in investments at this time. because many of the ICO that appears contains this scam and that should at least be analyzed and avoided.

jupppo

Activity: 385
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:46:39 PM

I think no. More than 50% of ICO's are scam. As for me, it's better to buy tokens on exchange. Today all ICO's after listing on exchanges fall in price. For example, bounty hunters can sell their tokens below the ico price. Because of this tokens are falling in prices. But of course, there are also and cool projects whech are making hundreds% after listing. You should analyse your projects carefully and only after this invest in them. But sa I said below it's better to buy after listing. It's risk free
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:37:28 PM

I think no. More than 50% of ICO's are scam. As for me, it's better to buy tokens on exchange. Today all ICO's after listing on exchanges fall in price. For example, bounty hunters can sell their tokens below the ico price. Because of this tokens are falling in prices. But of course, there are also and cool projects whech are making hundreds% after listing. You should analyse your projects carefully and only after this invest in them. But sa I said below it's better to buy after listing. It's risk free

Where do you know 50% ICO is now scam, or you just join bounty projects and find that most of it scam. Should you think the ICO is mostly scam?
tekinekan98

Activity: 157
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:15:01 PM

I think that now investing in ICOs is not the best method for making money. Coin prices fall even regardless of their potential. Also we have a huge number of scams ICO.

[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO

https://cindx.io/
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:41:45 PM

ICOs can still be profitable for investments, it's just that there are investors who do not want to invest now, because of the general state of the market. That notwithstanding, if an investor invests into a good project, he does not need to bother him/herself of loosing. Sometimes, most investors sell immediately after listing and wait for the dip in order to buy back and hold. This is the strategy that most of them now deploy.
muncuss

Activity: 722

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:59:40 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2018, 04:32:05 PM by muncuss

Investing in ICO now is gambling. many ico with real project get dumped after listed in market and many trash ico with price 1-2 gwei get pumped after listed in market. So now don't expect short term profit without big big risk

just_strange32

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:03:13 AM

If you have the knowledge, experience and analytical capabilities, good reasoning for choosing potential ICOs, investing in ICO is still an investment that can bring you good returns. If you have chosen a good ICO then the ICO investment is an investment that can bring you good returns in a short amount of time.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:51:26 AM

The future for ICO and investing on it hangs in the balance because as i see it, token seems to be more cheap when it hit in the exchange rather than investing in the ICO so people will tend to wait in the exchange rather than investing in ICO. Just my thoughts.
airdrop21

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:53:15 AM

It is. ICOs are high risk, high reward.
Because of the fact that you do not need to wait for so long for a ICO to grow in value, you could easily have a big gain with any ICO coin you hold.
I personally enjoy having quick profits that way.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Ribbitforum

Activity: 487

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:53:46 AM

Investing on icos is not profitable nowadays, most is exit scam. Best Thing is to join to Airdrop No,ICO
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:58:05 AM

I believe that investing in ICO is still profitable these days but there are many things first to consider before doing so. You need to study and research first the ICO you are planning to invest in. With the news spreading that many ICO lately are just scam it is good to know the ICO very well first before investing to avoid loss.
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 12:58:33 AM

It is profitable if you invested on a successful ICO. There are ICO's that has a good product and support team but they weren't able to reach the softcap. My suggestion is for you to invest in an ICO that already reached the soft cap just to be sure. ICO's are bound to fail if they didn't even met it. I know that the bonuses on PRE-Sale are great but it has a lot of risk because we are not sure if the coin will sell enough coins on the ICO.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: